Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Heavier stuff is pushing further Westward south and north of Herts?! Any ideas why? Cant be long until it pushes a bit more west here.

sounds promising

Posted

Still light snow, has struggled to settle due to how light its been, plus temperatures have been above freezing. 0.9 degrees 30 minutes ago, now 0.6 degrees, hopefully can fall below freezing before any heavier precipitation arrives.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. Cold Frosty/Snow

nearly 3cm of fresh powder snow here already (almost 1cm and hour) on top of the existing stuff and completly covered all the paths and driveways that were cleared yesterday....and it's blowing and drifting clap.gif

Yup been snowing consistently from around 09:00am (when I poked my head around the curtain) as hasn't stopped since. Small flakes generally but coming down at a reasonable rate with the heavier stuff due late today, can't really complain. Kids will be happy as it's looking increasingly likely schools will be shut again tomorrow!

Edited by Lammie

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Light powder snow all morning in Stortford. Guessing about 4 cm - roughly half of what is forcasted once it ends. Looks to be heavier stuff in northern France at the moment which I presume is coming north. Not dramatic weather, but gentle continuous snowfall.

Posted

For those in Peterborough I reckon in 1hr it will kick off here!

And my hubby has just left to head to newborough. Full bragging rights when he gets in I think !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

For those in Peterborough I reckon in 1hr it will kick off here!

Exactly. Although the heavier stuff is moving NNW, I reckon it's going to miss much of EA before swivelling NNE following the 850 wind vectors grazing the N Norfolk coast. Oh well. Same old same old…

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Temps are getting too warm here 0.4. Slightly worrying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

After an hour of light snizzle/wahing powder its trying harder now - I'd say mod light snow c 10 m N of Ipswich. Getting there. Hang on in there Suffolk lot! clapping.gif

Sounds promising, Mr P. Should be here in, what, 20 minutes? but, I am rather glad that I ended the grandchildren's 'forecast' with: "It might not materialize".

Always a handy one, is that!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Sounds promising, Mr P. Should be here in, what, 20 minutes? but, I am rather glad that I ended the grandchildren's 'forecast' with: "It might not materialize".

Always a handy one, is that!rofl.gif

I use that one with my children too lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Temps are getting too warm here 0.4. Slightly worrying.

I had snow the other year around 3C, you'll be fine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW please

Rybris Ponce good news now heavy (small flakes) snow, wishing some your way good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Getting some heavier bursts of snow in MK now, moving from light to more moderate. Seems the precipitation is still pushing from SE to NW, not sure why as it was forecast to move more northwards out of the continent. Only thing I can think of it's the wind coming from a NE direction forcing the band further inland. Not complaining as have 4cm of fresh snow, looks lovely, but if the ehavier stuff does make it this far later on, then MK is going to be gridlocked come tomorrow morning. nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Slough, Surrey & West Sussex

Valid from: 1200 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

A band of snow is spreading northwards across parts of southeastern and eastern England, as well as the Midlands and will reach parts of north Wales and northeast England during Sunday afternoon and evening. This will bring accumulations of 2-5 cm snow to some areas, and perhaps in excess of 8 cm towards coastal counties of southeast and eastern England. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

This warning has been updated to include more of northeast Wales, the Midlands up to parts of Yorkshire.

Issued at: 1218 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...Time=1358596860

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Its coming down quite fine now, just been out to measure and I have just over 2cm so far.

So does it intensify for my parts later on or will it just be like it is now?

Posted

I had snow the other year around 3C, you'll be fine!

All ways remember my old gran saying meny moons ago...it will get warmer when it snows.

Flakes will get bigger when temps. Rise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Rybris Ponce good news now heavy (small flakes) snow, wishing some your way good.gif

Thank you!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Bit of a struggle here at the moment, just very light snow falling - struggling to come to anything really. But, what has fallen has settled and prob come to a couple of cm's - it really needs to thicken up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Its coming down quite fine now, just been out to measure and I have just over 2cm so far.

So does it intensify for my parts later on or will it just be like it is now?

From what I have read, there is a chance it could get heavier, particularly if the heavier precip pushes a bit further west than predicted. The weather warnings from 12.18pm today from the meto now include West Mids and North wales, so hopefully a good sign for us Lutonians

Posted

About to go off to work... Hoping the heavier area of PPN starts to shift westwards soon.

no sign it will break the forcefield that is the a1 saint ! we missed the heavier pulses on friday aswell. maybe its karma as we did well in 2009 and 2010.