Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Was at a 5 for a good half an hour or so but now dropped back down to a 3 (on the SM scale)

Guest archiesmummy

Lovely covering of snow, started about 7am this morning, paths have disappeared again! And heavy stuff this 'arvo!

Enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

I think us in the East of the region (esp Suffolk and Norfolk) need to wait until this afternoon for our chance of heavier snow. Although its a little frustrating just seeing occasional snizzle at the moment, it fits in with the NAE precipitation charts which show very little this side of lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

This could be the best snow event so far with it Heading up the entire east coast and because its on the north sea it wont pitter out.

Edited by SN0WM4N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

This could be the best snow event so far with it Heading up the entire east coast and because its on the north sea it wont pitter out.

I think it'll make headlines tomorrow in the NE and Scotland.

Posted

I think it'll make headlines tomorrow in the NE and Scotland.

Yes this really there major snowfall they have missed out when under that high pressure!

Posted

Have just gone above freezing here from -0.4 just 40 mins ago. I think someone mentioned though that colder uppers are on their way with the snow system, well I hope so anyway!

Posted

i have an unhealthy obsession with the radar im willing that heavy snow to get to me

Been unhealthy with that all day heavy stuff not getting any further west than Stevenage or a1 , not sure we will do well out of this same as Friday , frustrating when all around has got 10cm and we have about 3cm oh well fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Been unhealthy with that all day heavy stuff not getting any further west than Stevenage or a1 , not sure we will do well out of this same as Friday , frustrating when all around has got 10cm and we have about 3cm oh well fingers crossed

Location, Location,Location please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Do you remember in the old days (prior to Jan 2013), when we would follow the model threat whilst enduring our mild zonality, with the hope of cold weather always in FI, and then the cold would keep getting pushed back and then a breif cold spell before the atlantic re-asserted itself. Well, it seems to be the opposite which is happening at the moment, cold weather with the promise of milder atlantic weather, but remaining in FI and keeps getting pushed back.

Also, I cant realy understand this continental snow, its a bit foriegn to me.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

been snowing here since around 9ish.

after my lovely sweet children destroyed the snow yesterday, we now have a beautiful white blanket of snow again!

i'd say around 2cm has fallen so far but thats a guess as i haven't been outside yet.

Posted

radar saying heavy snow heading to towards me acc to the radar. my alarm is picking up very bright echos in the north sea

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Back up to a 5 now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

some very bright colours over central Belgium and Belgium coast.....hopefully that is what will make its way over later....anyone got any views on this??

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Doesn't seem to be reaching the east of the region either

Give it a chance, it'll be snowing in Norwich by lunchtime. Moving more NW than forcast, but the heavier stuff in the east heading out of the French coast is on a path towards Suffolk / Norfolk areas. You'll end up with more snow by the end of the day than most people here.

Been snowing lightly in the center of MK since 8:30 ish, now getting heavier and driving horizontally in a strengthening breeze. Must have 1.5cm on top of the esiting snow cover juding by the depth on my window sill

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, the thaw is slowly accelerating. So, I guess I've got to -0.2 on the Murr Scale...12cm befor 1800? Pull the other one!rofl.gif

Posted

The easterlies are fuelling it keeping it alive still at a 7 here fairly heavy had a fox on my garden shed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

Here in Bedford is there a reason why all the heavy snow has missed here this year it's the same as Friday all the heavy stuff skirting around us , is it geographical maybe ?

We sit in a so called "Valley" (One Side Dunstable Downs, the other is around Cranfield/MK area)

We are the driest county in th UK however, when a weather system enters our "Valley" it tends to stay for a greater length of time.

We are likely to get the snow later in the day as we are always likely to get low pressure systems, hence why you see on a radar the weather slightly veering towards us

Sit tight and watch the snow come in and get heavier