Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Give it a chance, it'll be snowing in Norwich by lunchtime. Moving more NW than forcast, but the heavier stuff in the east heading out of the French coast is on a path towards Suffolk / Norfolk areas. You'll end up with more snow by the end of the day than most people here.

Been snowing lightly in the center of MK since 8:30 ish, now getting heavier and driving horizontally in a strengthening breeze. Must have 1.5cm on top of the esiting snow cover juding by the depth on my window sill

It'd better get a move on then, SJ! Norwich is 17 miles' north of here...Late lunch, anyone?.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Well, the thaw is slowly accelerating. So, I guess I've got to -0.2 on the Murr Scale...12cm befor 1800? Pull the other one!rofl.gif

watching the radar I [touch wood] think we could see significant snow by this evening / tonight, look on the euro radar at the fronts heading out of France / Belgium, I think i'm right in saying they should only increase in intensity as they cross the water, and look to be heading to Suffolk and Norfolk??

still have a very good covering on the ground from Mondays snow event as well smile.png

decision to make....watch the football or the radar...gotta watch united really, usually a goal fest :)

Edited by TheBigFreeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Has been snowing at Stage 5 and slowly accumulating on the SM Scale (or should that be the Sadomasochism scale?)but now dropped to a 4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well looking at the radar,Plenty more to come yet, After lunch hopefully see heavier falls,Still light atm but everything now looking like the end of Fridays spell. All White. Will do measurement of garden table later.

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Slightly more than a 5 but not quite a 6 at the mo', a 5.5er.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Light to moderate here on top of 6 inches on firday. Not sure of my regional thread identity, live 25 miles west of milton keynes. South East thread seems to be all about London and the coast , 30 miles south of Warwick maybe Midlands thread. cray.gif

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think I'll just go out? When Felixstow and Ipswich start seeing something (anything) I'll start paying attention...rofl.gif

Posted

some very bright colours over central Belgium and Belgium coast.....hopefully that is what will make its way over later....anyone got any views on this??

There were some earlier that were heading toward the SE. They appear to have moderated as they cross the coastline though, not sure why.

Posted

the effect i noted on the early radar frames has persisted with the heavier snowfall struggling to get west of the meridian in the south of the region.

It was being held on a line to the east of the A1 earlier, now it's moved to around the M1. I was wondering if it was a radar artefact as it was so clear a line (different calibration between radars or something).

Posted

Well, the thaw is slowly accelerating. So, I guess I've got to -0.2 on the Murr Scale...12cm befor 1800? Pull the other one!rofl.gif

Maybe 12cm of flood?

Posted

We sit in a so called "Valley" (One Side Dunstable Downs, the other is around Cranfield/MK area)

We are the driest county in th UK however, when a weather system enters our "Valley" it tends to stay for a greater length of time.

We are likely to get the snow later in the day as we are always likely to get low pressure systems, hence why you see on a radar the weather slightly veering towards us

Sit tight and watch the snow come in and get heavier

Yes but quite often when coming from the south the chilterns pep it up for us similar to last year , just this year seem to have be shielded quite unusual from that direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Well nothing in Fakenham as yet, still snow lying around from earlier in the week, has anyone seen the latest NAE? I have seen some drifting of the snow towards Brancaster (on the coast) wind is very very strong and blowing the snow across the fields in the gaps in the hedgerows. Wont need much snow if this wind keeps up.

Posted

Slightly more than a 5 but not quite a 6 at the mo', a 5.5er.

Same here, close to being a 6, struggling to accumulate currently, hope we can get some better snow later, looks reasonably likely.

Posted

Small flakes means is very cold uppers, it has to warm up slightly for bigger flakes

Small flakes has more density to it, it blows off roof easier.

Posted

At last moderate snow is falling.

Seemed to take ages to get here though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

nearly 3cm of fresh powder snow here already (almost 1cm and hour) on top of the existing stuff and completly covered all the paths and driveways that were cleared yesterday....and it's blowing and drifting clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

And there goes the temperature, after an hour and a bit of it steadily rising it is starting to fall again. The wind has really got up here and I think I can officialy announce that I am at a 6 clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well looking at the radar,Plenty more to come yet, After lunch hopefully see heavier falls,Still light atm but everything now looking like the end of Fridays spell. All White. Will do measurement of garden table later.

yes im surprised seems like we are going to get more than we did friday atm. looks like plenty more to come and seems to be coming more west than forcasted ?

Posted

Been heavy swizzle here for past hour...reading in the London s/e thread it seems its the norm

For everybody, one post has just said larger flakes now hitting the north Kent coast...

Looks like steady light snow for all...no reported blizzards anywhere and no white outs...could end up being a poor event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

This has meh written all over it. Even Met have downgraded to light snow for here from heavy earlier.