Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

meto continue to see tomorrow as a more east of our region event. 2 to 5cms in the west and in excess of 8 cms possible in coastal counties.

I'd still be happy with 2-5cm's!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Snow for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk, Thurrock, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Luton

Yellow Alert of Snow for London & South East England :

Kent, Medway, Greater London, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Slough & Brighton and Hove

Valid from: 1200 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

A band of snow is likely to spread northwards across parts of southeastern and eastern England during Sunday afternoon and evening, bringing accumulations of 2-5 cm snow to some areas, and perhaps in excess of 8 cm towards coastal counties of southeast and eastern England. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1220 on Sat 19 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...Time=1358510460

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

Yes a true continental Arctic blast, a week of strong to gale force at times east/northeasterly winds with daytime temps

around - 3c to -5c and heavy prolonged snow showers merging into longer periods of snow with severe drifting and

bitter windchill.

This is what I am still hoping for before the effects of the strat warming are done and dusted. The downwelling strat

profiles were looking very positive for this sort of set up with a strong blocking high becoming established between

the GIN area although now I am not so sure. CH, and GP have alluded to this as well whether they still think it is a

possibility I do not know.

Yes this is what I'm hoping for. what we've been lacking is the strong winds in recent winters to create drifting..I love being cut of for a few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Can we please stop talking about slaughtering lambs. I find it upsetting.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Nothing showing on radar, but it's started snowing lightly in the center of MK again. Small incredibly pretty star shaped snowflakes

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Back to the weather.....

the bad news is my snow seems to have shrunk ....it's down to just under 5cm now (Boo)....

post-10773-0-24074500-1358601067_thumb.j

the good news is it's snowing again and I don't mean the few flakes in there air there has been all morning, it's proper snowing now (Yay) not expecting much until tomorrow though and by Monday I hope to use the big ruler good.gif

Harvey is cold......

post-10773-0-19009800-1358601270_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I'd still be happy with 2-5cm's!

Interesting day tomorrow either way Saint. Next week looking good with potential for more.

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Looking at the warnings I reckon we'll scrape two or three inches here Sunday. Let's get it all down tomorrow, and have a rapid thaw Monday so we can all go about our business and I'll be happy. drinks.gif

Posted

Interesting day tomorrow either way Saint. Next week looking good with potential for more.

prectypeuktopo.png

We will definitely get something tomorrow, just a question of how much I suspect?

Posted

Back to the weather.....

the bad news is my snow seems to have shrunk ....it's down to just under 5cm now (Boo)....

post-10773-0-24074500-1358601067_thumb.j

the good news is it's snowing again and I don't mean the few flakes in there sir there has been all morning, it's proper snowing now (Yay) not expecting much until tomorrow though and by Monday I hope to use the big ruler good.gif

Harvey is cold......

post-10773-0-19009800-1358601270_thumb.j

Shrunk here as well, slightly deeper at around 6cm, but was 11.5cm yesterday evening. Think it's because the snow that fell was lightly & fluffy and contained a lot of air. Now it's settled and knitted together it's deflated

Posted

Very light but steady snow here, so sign of a thaw yet temp 0c. Dont appear to have lost much depth, still at 5 inch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Looking at the warnings I reckon we'll scrape two or three inches here Sunday. Let's get it all down tomorrow, and have a rapid thaw Monday so we can all go about our business and I'll be happy. drinks.gif

Doesn't look the case Met have got snow for parts of Monday to with Highs of about 0C Tuesday is thaw day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Thaw in central St Albans (UHI effect) But away from this warmth, I suspect there's not much melt going on, however, I cant really hear any drip, drip drip.

what do you think our chances are tommorow

Posted

Doesn't look the case Met have got snow for parts of Monday to with Highs of about 0C Tuesday is thaw day!

I'd be happy for a snowday on Monday. Haven't had one yet, neither have the kiddies.

Posted

I'd be happy for a snowday on Monday. Haven't had one yet, neither have the kiddies.

Monday is Rather marginal closer inland you are the Better! coast would East facing coast would see Sleet/Rain I might get lucky but doubt it aslong as you DP remain 0 or below along with the temps hovering around 0 you should have some.

Posted

Very good NAE so far, snow is further N & W on this run.

http://expert-images...012018_1912.gif

Im SMACK bang in the middle!

What's you thoughts on February I here a possible MJO Phase 8 at the start what do you think of this?

Edited by SN0WM4N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

can't see anything falling here with your eyes but if you stand still you can feel cold small bits hitting your face and hands

should have gone to specsavers Edited by shotski