Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

i cant see anything.??

what the best radar as nw one seems to be acting up?cheers

I like http://www.meteoradar.co.uk

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

i cant see anything.??

what the best radar as nw one seems to be acting up?cheers

Just a figment of my own wishful-thinking, I guess!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

so whats peoples thoughts on tommorow. will it be too far east for me. upgrade/downgrade. shift east or west?? what ya thinking

Posted

Fully agree. I have done well from this cold spell so far but give me a convective E/NE,ly with uppers of -15C anytime.

As for the rest of the week the snow risk will lessen from midweek and a slow thaw will occur but again the rate of thawing will be greater further E. Again though this is subject to change because I am yet to be convinced of the model output.

Yes a true continental Arctic blast, a week of strong to gale force at times east/northeasterly winds with daytime temps

around - 3c to -5c and heavy prolonged snow showers merging into longer periods of snow with severe drifting and

bitter windchill.

This is what I am still hoping for before the effects of the strat warming are done and dusted. The downwelling strat

profiles were looking very positive for this sort of set up with a strong blocking high becoming established between

the GIN area although now I am not so sure. CH, and GP have alluded to this as well whether they still think it is a

possibility I do not know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Yes a true continental Arctic blast, a week of strong to gale force at times east/northeasterly winds with daytime temps

around - 3c to -5c and heavy prolonged snow showers merging into longer periods of snow with severe drifting and

bitter windchill.

This is what I am still hoping for before the effects of the strat warming are done and dusted. The downwelling strat

profiles were looking very positive for this sort of set up with a strong blocking high becoming established between

the GIN area although now I am not so sure. CH, and GP have alluded to this as well whether they still think it is a

possibility I do not know.

Well chino said that even after the Effects of the SSW the PV will reform in the wrong place over allowing heights to build NW that around the start of February.

Posted

Well chino said that even after the Effects of the SSW the PV will reform in the wrong place over allowing heights to build NW that around the start of February.

I think you may have mis quoted him there. The PV is on the move from the Canadian side to Scandinavia side.

It was looking as though this would happen with a the PV disrupting a lot of its energy to the south/southeast of

the UK with a more southerly tracking jet but this morning all three main models are sugesting a more northerly

route hence the milder outlook. This is by no way set in stone yet and even then the ECM is showing a fast track

back to cold at the day 10 -12 range.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

What the lights out or the £200 bottles of wine! aggressive.gif

Here in Chelmsord the weather remains cold and cloudy with light snow falling. We are visiting our youngest son tomorrow who lives near Godmanchester to his boy's second birthday party. Hoping that we will be able to get back home in the evening.

Regards Dave

Only about 2 inches here in Godmanchester at the moment, but subject to change tomorrowsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

06z NMM is better for those who missed out on yesterday's heavy snow. Norfolk looking to be the sweet spot.

Where can I view the NMM?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Only about 2 inches here in Godmanchester at the moment, but subject to change tomorrowsmile.png

I have a centimetre!

Be grateful that you got something that you can make a snowball from!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

While we are on the subject of Lamb cooking, the only bit I'm absolutely certain about is you have to drag the little screaming lamb away from its mother while it's still juicy and tender and then kill it. After that I'm not 100% sure.

Ever seen the size of a lamb carcass at an old fashioned butcher's shop? Plenty of people around here get a few lambs each spring (old enough to leave their mothers) and they're kept grazing for anything between 9—18 months before slaughter.

People do get funny ideas.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

How do you make your lamb, it sounds good.

I use this recipe.

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/slow-roast-shoulder-of-lamb-with-merguez-spices-recipe

7 hours at 110oC should do it.

Edited by Wivenswold

Posted

Ever seen the size of a lamb carcass at an old fashioned butcher's shop? Plenty of people around here get a few lambs each spring (old enough to leave their mothers) and they're kept grazing for anything between 9—18 months before slaughter.

People do get funny ideas.

Actually the most prized lamb should be slaughtered between 5 and 6 months of age. On a weather note we have that constant fine sleety ice stuff falling here.

Posted

I have a centimetre!

Be grateful that you got something that you can make a snowball from!

I think you will do ok tomorrow though, by the way did you live in Southend during the January 1987 cold outbreak? Epic snow nearly half a metre I think.

Posted

I use this recipe.

http://www.channel4....z-spices-recipe

7 hours at 110oC should do it.

God now I'm starving after reading that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

How do you make your lamb, it sounds good.

Always defrost thoroughly before cooking.......

post-10773-0-67206400-1358599902_thumb.j

Posted

I think you will do ok tomorrow though, by the way did you live in Southend during the January 1987 cold outbreak? Epic snow nearly half a metre I think.

I think us in the far west might miss the heaviest falls (northants) the rest of you look good. call it getting even good.gif still, been out in the back garden this morning, 20cm of level snow (still had about 5cm from monday snow. so i'm not complaininggood.gif