Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

so hows everyone feeling for tommorow looking at the gfs it looks like in for a good dumping of snow but it seems really down played .am i missing something

Hopefully there will be a big dump but at this range there can be lots of unexpected surprises. Go to bed expecting nothing and wake up to find a nice little sprinkle.

Does not suit me for snow tomorrow as we all have to get to a family do.

Posted

so hows everyone feeling for tommorow looking at the gfs it looks like in for a good dumping of snow but it seems really down played .am i missing something

I'm feeling fine about tomorrow, thanks for asking. Not sure if you are missing something. You would probably have more idea about that than me.

Posted

And what's wrong with kebabs? They contain an entire day's salt-requirement - all in a oner. Need I say more!rofl.gif

The stink in a cinema.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms

http://www.meteox.co...&soort=loop1uur

well you can watch it coming!!

I'll be giving that a miss thanks tinybill...... it's so slow moving it makes watching paint dry sound exciting. smiliz39.gif

Will radar watch from 06:00 tomorrow...... bit nearer the timehelp.gif

NHrofl.gif

Posted

Gary...if you take a look at the charts on that site you will see how the secondary low forms on sunday

I haven't got the foggiest what's causing any of that stuff to move in the direction it does but I do see that snowy stuff heading north. Clever Stuff.

Posted

I'll be giving that a miss thanks tinybill...... it's so slow moving it makes watching paint dry sound exciting. smiliz39.gif

Will radar watch from 06:00 tomorrow...... bit nearer the timehelp.gif

NHrofl.gif

iit was for sunday!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

"Behind their thick veneer of arrogant 'expertise' they are clueless"

Whatever that article is (or wherever/whoever its from, presume its from WeatherAction), it's insulting to everyone who works at the Met Office - they basically saying all the knowledge they have doesn't mean a thing. I don't see him providing any of the services that the Met Office provides on day to day basis? The only service he provides is what interpret as guessing, because he doesn't explain thoroughly why he predicts what he does.

That man needs a massive slap. Although I fully understand he is fully in for the £££, media headlines and charging etc.

Could not agree more Chris. I was completley astonished myself. If he was that good he would be Chief at Exeter ,he also has no right to dictate about anyone else regarding LRF,Wants to look closer to home. I copied more for the SSW to taking affect later at the end of Jan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I remember it well.i started work in London in that January, I had to walk 4 miles to the station as trollybuses could not cope, i remember 4 foot of snow ,lucky we had steam trains, to days electric ones are very poor in bad weather. Windows in side houses froze, and record temps of - 10. All day.. Burst pipes everywhere, and some spectacular ice formations, 50% of our wild birds died that winter that lasted for 3 months....this cold spell is a drop of the hat, but glad some youngsters are enjoying something like saw in 1963

We lived on top of a steep hill in West Sussex. My father left for Brazil on a business trip two weeks after Christmas, and Mum had 3 of us and a new baby to look after. When the snow first struck it became obvious our car wasn't going to make the top of the hill. Luckily we had a neighbour who had a Series III Landrover who used to do the shopping for essentials get the post and tradesmen weren't jobsworths in those days, I think the coal men came up with a load of furnacite and cleared out the hods so she could have enough for a while.

Dad kept sending postcards from Rio saying things like, "Went water skiing at the weekend…" which didn't impress Mum at all. Eventually he came home in February and this is what we did to him in revenge rofl.gif

post-8078-0-46673100-1358626296_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

It could get tricky out there tomorrow...Snow falling on crushed snow and ice underneath,,,,take care y'all

Posted

unless my memory plays tricks, I recall buying hotdog and onions in the cinema.

Oh yes. Memory gone you know It was the last time I went to Yarmouth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

ALL LOOKING GOOD FOR A DAY OF SNOWFALL. good.gif

173826Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012006.GIF

174248Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012012.GIF

174248Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012018.GIF

Posted

Anyone who lived through the 1963 winter would think a lot of you are a crowd of feline's.

No internet, no mobile phones, few credit cards, no insulation in your house, no money for many. How many of you young ones could cope until you adjusted?

Many are so soft!!!

and they use to use gas to light the house but its called progress :) lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

are you sure it was hot dog?it was dark in those back rows!

It was Secret Salami. AKA the Back Seat Tickler!

Posted

We lived on top of a steep hill in West Sussex. My father left for Brazil on a business trip two weeks after Christmas, and Mum had 3 of us and a new baby to look after. When the snow first struck it became obvious our car wasn't going to make the top of the hill. Luckily we had a neighbour who had a Series III Landrover who used to do the shopping for essentials get the post and tradesmen weren't jobsworths in those days, I think the coal men came up with a load of furnacite and cleared out the hods so she could have enough for a while.

Dad kept sending postcards from Rio saying things like, "Went water skiing at the weekend…" which didn't impress Mum at all. Eventually he came home in February and this is what we did to him in revenge rofl.gif

Brilliant photograph, thanks for sharing it. You must have been rich to own a car. We were living in Canning Town at the time in a Prefab. All the internal walls were made of asbestos so we were poor but pretty snug compared to some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

ALL LOOKING GOOD FOR A DAY OF SNOWFALL. good.gif

173826Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012006.GIF

174248Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012012.GIF

174248Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_13012018.GIF

yes really got my fingers crossed but worried we might be a bit too far east

Posted

yes really got my fingers crossed but worried we might be a bit too far east

Too East? Not at all, if anything, the only concern we could have would be too far West, and that wont be an issue tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Fingers X`d for the NAE update. Lets hope it shows more than the met imagines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Brilliant photograph, thanks for sharing it. You must have been rich to own a car. We were living in Canning Town at the time in a Prefab. All the internal walls were made of asbestos so we were poor but pretty snug compared to some.

Not rich at all and we were 3 miles from the nearest shops. Our car at the time was 10 year old Rover 90, but I think they got a new one after the winter which had front wheel drive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Too East? Not at all, if anything, the only concern we could have would be too far West, and that wont be an issue tomorrow!

oops yea sorry west is what i meant..too far west for the good stuff

Fingers X`d for the NAE update. Lets hope it shows more than the met imagines.

when is the nae update

Posted

i see their throwing their toys out of their prams in the model thread to-night!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Not rich at all and we were 3 miles from the nearest shops. Our car at the time was 10 year old Rover 90, but I think they got a new one after the winter which had front wheel drive.

The Rover 90! I love that car. That was the middle-classes Rolls-Royce. I remember our doctor at the time had one of those, and he used to pay a few of us local tearaways a few pence to keep an eye on it when he had to pay a visit to our manor. I think this would now be called extortion.