Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

it has actuially been snowing here al day, lightly but yeah, stil snowin now, :)bbc were right

not here,i think you getting little streamers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

A program on the 1963 winter on BBC2 now - makes what we have today laughable!

80 men took 24 hours to dig out 3 trains and snowdrifts up to the eaves of houses.

Edited by legrandefromage

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

I think you will do ok tomorrow though, by the way did you live in Southend during the January 1987 cold outbreak? Epic snow nearly half a metre I think.

I lived there then and yes easily half a metre in places. Was an epic fall that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

80 men took 24 hours to dig out 3 trains and snowdrifts up to the eaves of houses.

Watching now. That`s Cambridge tomorrow lol :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Great cold spell we are having at present but in terms of memorable events it dose'nt even get close to 2010.

2010 truly was an epic spell of cold weather that we may never see again in our lifetime, well maybe not till Feb at least wink.png

Edited by shotski

Posted

Evening all. Very little snow thawed today with the DP around and below -2C during the day. Hoping tomorrow delivers for here..

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

New ITV weather graphics just look dreadful...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

My neighbour's car is the official snow depth measurement tool in the area since it hasn't moved for months. Was surprised to guesstimate about 4 - 5 cm on the roof which has accumulated over the past few days. Some little git has swept it off the bonnet though which has totally ruined the look.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

seems the BBC has played catch up with the models watching the latest online forecast :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What a great programme. Brought back many happy memories, although how I managed to survive it in a house with just a coal-fired Aga in the kitchen and an open fire in the drawing room, I don't know… hot water bottles, I suppose and school was warm enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

seems the BBC has played catch up with the models watching the latest online forecast smile.png

In what respect unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

In what respect unknw.gif

with regards to snow fall over "the whole" of our region, earlier it seemed to bypass Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, and jump straight up to Lincolnshire.....will be nice to see another reasonable covering :)

Posted

Anyone who lived through the 1963 winter would think a lot of you are a crowd of feline's.

No internet, no mobile phones, few credit cards, no insulation in your house, no money for many. How many of you young ones could cope until you adjusted?

Many are so soft!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Anyone who lived through the 1963 winter would think a lot of you are a crowd of feline's.

No internet, no mobile phones, few credit cards, no insulation in your house, no money for many. How many of you young ones could cope until you adjusted?

Many are so soft!!!

Are you some sort of tough guy then?laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

BBC News24 latest forecast was giving heavy snow for the south east from tomorrow am, unsure of amounts though...does anyone have any precip charts for this tomorrow as a guide to what we should be expecting? (cheers) good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Are you some sort of tough guy then?laugh.png

Thats right Habsish... but they still need us to programme thier gadgets!! How would anyone who lived through the winter of 63 lived through a winter 100 years earlier? Its all relative, life moves on.......whistling.gif

Bring on the snow!!!!

Posted

Many are so soft!!!

I remember it well.i started work in London in that January, I had to walk 4 miles to the station as trollybuses could not cope, i remember 4 foot of snow ,lucky we had steam trains, to days electric ones are very poor in bad weather. Windows in side houses froze, and record temps of - 10. All day.. Burst pipes everywhere, and some spectacular ice formations, 50% of our wild birds died that winter that lasted for 3 months....this cold spell is a drop of the hat, but glad some youngsters are enjoying something like saw in 1963

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Many are so soft!!!

Says the person on the internet, probably have a mobile phone, most likely have a credit/debit card, most likely to have insulation in your house plus central heating & a few dough in your pocket...I think you have contradicted yourself mate. Edited by PerfectStorm