Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Right, I'm off to get ready for tonight's 'Metal Fest'. So, the weather can do as it likes. I'm gonna be pleasantly oblivious to it all. :D

See you on the other side of mayhem and madness. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

love the way the BBC website forecasts keep having the snow bypass east anglia, despite models saying otherwise!!!! it is frustrating as I dare say many people rely on that for their weather information!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

love the way the BBC website forecasts keep having the snow bypass east anglia, despite models saying otherwise!!!! it is frustrating as I dare say many people rely on that for their weather information!!

Just watched the latest one. It shows the snow into the south of the region by 3pm tomorrow, then jumps straight to Monday! Maybe they don't want to let on quite how far west it's going to push tomorrow as they don't know!

Really hoping for a day off work on Monday as I'm feeling a bit flu like anyway.

We likely to have snow showers in our part of the world on Monday? The BBC chart seems to show it???

Posted

Since 2005 I rarely ever watch the BBC forecast or use their website. The models and radar are enough for me. Far too much focus is put on the BBC graphics in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

A friend posted this on Facebook.......oh how I wish....maybe one day....

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2013/01/19/gob-smacking-photos-from-russias-snowpocalypse/

Posted

I hope the BBC are right as I will be driving around the area for about 10 hours tomorrow. Looking forward to no traffic, and no snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Since 2005 I rarely ever watch the BBC forecast or use their website. The models and radar are enough for me. Far too much focus is put on the BBC graphics in my opinion.

That is my point exactly....how can something that is so relied on by so many not be a little more reliable, granted forecasting is difficult at this moment in time, but were there to be a really major snow event and they don't get it right or sit on the fence so much it is unclear, that could leave some people up the proverbial creek!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A friend posted this on Facebook.......oh how I wish....maybe one day....

http://liberalconspi...-snowpocalypse/

Gulliver's last travel?good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Do you think we could see showers off that low tomorrow?

Posted

GFS goes for widespread 5cm tomorrow and 10+ cm over the east of the area! Then tues afternoon it's the turn of the west again with western bucks getting 5cm +

I hope the BBC are right as I will be driving around the area for about 10 hours tomorrow. Looking forward to no traffic, and no snow.

Good luck with that! All. Models go for heavy snow in east Anglia tomorrow afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

I always thought the Met Office Provided BBC forecasts? Is that not the case?

Posted

GFS goes for widespread 5cm tomorrow and 10+ cm over the east of the area! Then tues afternoon it's the turn of the west again with western bucks getting 5cm +

Good luck with that! All. Models go for heavy snow in east Anglia tomorrow afternoon

Yep, I'd go along with the widespread 5cm, some spots could get more, while the East part of the region looks well placed.

Posted

Yes I know, so I'm pinning my hopes on the BBC.

Posted

Yep, I'd go along with the widespread 5cm, some spots could get more, while the East part of the region looks well placed.

This can get confusing, you say the east part of the region do you mean east part of three counties or east of EA ?

Posted

That is my point exactly....how can something that is so relied on by so many not be a little more reliable, granted forecasting is difficult at this moment in time, but were there to be a really major snow event and they don't get it right or sit on the fence so much it is unclear, that could leave some people up the proverbial creek!!

If you followed the models which one would you follow. As far as I can see they are not much better than putting a whole pile of different options in a bag, closing your eyes and pulling one out. Perhaps that is what the BBC do and they got in wrong as well as the models.

Posted

Yes I know, so I'm pinning my hopes on the BBC.

Don't lol the bbc don't do forecasts and frankly the graphic on their site is wrong. It's going to snow in EA tomorrow afternoon I would bet my life on it

This can get confusing, you say the east part of the region do you mean east part of three counties or east of EA ?

Both