Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I hope so joker,as a lover of cold and snow I'm only 50% happy at mo,hope you're enjoying your lot over there

Posted

http://www.yr.no/pla...rsham/long.html

This shows 10mm predicted for north kent....

With ratio of 1mm:1.5cm thats 15cm possible....http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Faversham/long.html

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi all,

Just a quickie from work, those of you in the snow depth challenge cup, could you please post your depths in cms at around 6 p.m please. Doesnt have to be 6 on the dot, as I'm not in from work until about 6.45 but it will be interesting to see how the match-ups stand, at roughly the half-way point. If you can measure on concrete, all the better but don't worry too much, its just a bit of fun!

Any match-ups between E and W members look delicately poised, yesterday gave the west of our region a fair crack of the whip,yesterday evening the situation improved for some parts of Essex and Kent. Tomorrow again looks to favour the east but will it become marginal in the east? Have got an idea if snow depths are level at the end of the competition at 09.00 Monday, which I'll put to you this evening.

Will post half/time scores later.

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

Okay I have no idea took a random guess on this one..

The black arrow over the Atlantic is the wind that may push it further east... Circle over Spain the LP

post-12648-0-87420700-1358615332_thumb.j

LOL, if we can randomly guess then I say it goes straight for Southend and stays there rofl.gif

Posted

Hi all,

Just a quickie from work, those of you in the snow depth challenge cup, could you please post your depths in cms at around 6 p.m please. Doesnt have to be 6 on the dot, as I'm not in from work until about 6.45 but it will be interesting to see how the match-ups stand, at roughly the half-way point. If you can measure on concrete, all the better but don't worry too much, its just a bit of fun!

Any match-ups between E and W members look delicately poised, yesterday gave the west of our region a fair crack of the whip,yesterday evening the situation improved for some parts of Essex and Kent. Tomorrow again looks to favour the east but will it become marginal in the east? Have got an idea if snow depths are level at the end of the competition at 09.00 Monday, which I'll put to you this evening.

Cheers,

Tom.

0cm here in Sittingbourne lol

Posted

I hope so joker,as a lover of cold and snow I'm only 50% happy at mo,hope you're enjoying your lot over there

Well this front moving in from France via the channel will deliver more for our area than the front we had coming in from the West yesterday. This one will possibly deepen as it heads across over the channel and give us those bigger soggy flakes. East Sussex and Kent should do well out of it.

Of course we would love it to stall over the channel near to us but it is predicted to track N - what a pity!

Edited by Joker

Posted

Well this front moving in from France via the channel will deliver more for our area than the front we had coming in from the West yesterday. This one will possibly deepen as it heads across over the channel and give us those bigger soggy flakes. East Sussex and Kent should do well out of it.

I hope so my last measurement has only given me 4cm lol

What temps we got around dartford / Bex / greenhithe etc- are we below zero yet-

Alight dusting here from the earlier snizzle so temps must be close to zero in downtown bexleyheath-

Very poor PM models today-

All over by Tues if the UKMO & GFS is to be believed.... green & verdent by weds...

hope not.

S

Posted

Does anyone think North London will do well from tomorrow's event? I'm not expecting much but I would like a top up from yesterday's snowfall because of the thaw

Posted

What temps we got around dartford / Bex / greenhithe etc- are we below zero yet-

Alight dusting here from the earlier snizzle so temps must be close to zero in downtown bexleyheath-

All over by Tues if the UKMO & GFS is to be believed.... green & verdent by weds...

hope not.

S

Better make the most of it tomorrow then!

hope not.

S

If that is the case, what I pitiful cold spell after all the SSW hype! Also, the amount if times I've read 'the main event is still to come' makes me laugh. I just have that horrible feeling this is going the shape of the pear. I so hope I'm wrong though as I want the cold / snow to continue.

Posted

Wow very promising forecast just now on News24. Looks great for London tomorrow and then Monday looks a complete mess all over the place!

Posted

Hi all,

Cheers,

Tom.

2.5cm in Folkestone (where it didn't thaw! Which it did in places :( Hoping for some nice snow tomorrow and none of the M word!)

Posted

hope not.

S

very much doubt that as bbc weather just went for rest of the week remaining cold according to helen willets..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

hope not.

S

oh well not to bad a cold spell

But no where near as I thought it was gonna be snow fri to far west

And snow tomorrow

Looking to Far East lol

Never mind

Models may change they may not

But let's hope tomorrow gets beefed up by the channel

Thanks for all your posts Steve they have as always been brilliant mate

Just out of interest what's your take on tomorrow

Temp in new addington -2