Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The charts I posted gives a ALL our region 4-10CM maybe more..

Nice charts!! Bring it on!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

All this IMBY whinging is boring. Yes it's not 1963 but yesterday was clearly a significant and memorable snowfall for MANY parts of the country including here in Surrey. Just because you don't get snow don't dismiss the whole event as rubbish.

Posted

total amount of snow accumulated on the brick wall at the front of my flat in South Ockendon: 0.5cm

Posted

To be honest i'm not holding my breath for tomorrow I had about 7 or 8 hours of snow yesterday and got about 3cm give me a streamer any day. I think yesterday the South Downs sheltered me too much. Great to see that Brighton got a good covering. Hopefully tomorrow's angle of attack will be better for here.

Have about 2 cm lying still so had a bit of a thaw.

I can understand the moaning I think yesterday's event was hyped up a bit by the media talking of disruptive snow.

Posted

total amount of snow accumulated on the brick wall at the front of my flat in South Ockendon: 0.5cm

1-0 to you then! Bad times, lol.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I didn't realise that there was a thaw and then a reload of cold back in 63. Hope for us yet should things turn to the M word later next week. This programme is fascinating.

I'm now wondering what time to set of to Tunbridge Wells for the wedding tomorrow, should be an interesting drive! help.gif

Posted

How do you download pics if you want to post them? Anyone help please?smile.png

Can't see a reply to this one. Go into 'More reply options' and you will see a little tab towards the bottom saying 'attach files' and asking you to 'choose file' from your computer. It explains everything from then on pretty much. Hope that is what you were after.

Posted

If snow depth anywhere near your house counts in the Snow depth cup how bout i found a massive pot hole here in Canary wharf and the snow held...gives me halftime of 6 London centimetresbiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I didn't realise that there was a thaw and then a reload of cold back in 63. Hope for us yet should things turn to the M word later next week. This programme is fascinating.

I'm now wondering what time to set of to Tunbridge Wells for the wedding tomorrow, should be an interesting drive! help.gif

Yes even the worst winters weren't solidly cold, there were brief milder interludes. Looking good for the next month or so I reckon with the SSW effects still to filter down

Posted

I think the ramping in the model thread perhaps doesn't help. There was talk from some of 15 or 20cms widespread yesterday, which the Met Office were never, ever predicting. I've learned to take much of what is said in the model thread with a pinch of salt over the years. Saves disappointment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Am watching the 1963 documentary on bbc2. Awesome

Good isn't it!

Posted

Amazing that exactly the same discussions are being had about investment in snow management now, 40 yrs on from the estimated £200million repair bill of 1963...