Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

To Chartviewer-We haven't beaten Utd at home since 1999 and tbh not expecting anything tomorrow.Half hoping we have a blizzard and game is called off.Delaying the inevitable i know,but at least i can have a mess around in the snow down here in NW Kent(providing we don't miss out again)!!

(Apologies bit off topic)

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Temp has dropped to -0.1 and dewpoint -1.9 .Whats the thoughts for us here getting some more snow tomorrow? Or am I a little bit too far west ?

Met office have us down for 68% chance and a Yellow weather warning , dont know how much accumilation though Edited by therecoil

Posted

Temp has dropped to -0.1 and dewpoint -1.9 .Whats the thoughts for us here getting some more snow tomorrow? Or am I a little bit too far west ?

dont be greedysmile.png

Posted

Tom, Rayleigh reporting in.

A big zero from me. There are a few white bits on pavements / grass but we are talking fractions of mm. Round me down to 0.

Rayleigh is getting the tea cups thrown at it in the half-time talk so I'm hoping for improvements tomorrow.

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Think we will see a westward shift on the 12z... KENT DONT BE ALAMERD! This means you will have the heavier PPN over you :D

So we still on for some more snow in Croydon alot of mine has gone today I need a top up

Posted

Think we will see a westward shift on the 12z... KENT DONT BE ALAMERD! This means you will have the heavier PPN over you biggrin.png

Do you mean the 18z Surrey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

i want more lol smile.png

ps the the local weather on TV had heavy snow over Brighton, not sure how correct that is now, as it was 2 hours ago i saw it

Edited by therecoil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

All the hot heads going to lynx!!!

I've got -0.2c at the moment, where in Rayleigh are you?

Not far from Asda

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ok guys, going to start collating your depths. Hope you've remembered to measure them and I'm sure you've all been as objective as possible, if not I'll get a few bouncers from those Croydon clubs, some of you were talking about last night, to come round and sort you out!

Btw, my own score in Anerley S.E.20, measured in our car park, which 50% is now sheet ice. The other 50% has some drifted patches of about 5 cms but I think a fair reflection is 2 cms.

I will report back asap.

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Just back on here having watched the programme about the 1963 winter. Brilliant, and brought loads of memories back. I was eight at the time and lived right on the seafront at Southend.

The BBC programme showed some footage of the sea frozen at the end of Southend Pier, which would have been filmed by my dad. He was a freelance cine cameraman and photographer was the main one the BBC used for Essex and East London. He did a lot of filming of the snow in this area, including when the sea froze over off Thorpe Bay and Southend. I remember him filming me and my two brothers clambering over ice chunks on the beach near our house. That was broadcast on the main BBC news that evening, and when we went to school next day we felt like film stars as everybody had watched it! I was hoping they might have shown that clip tonight, but sadly they didn't. Wonder if we ended up on the cutting room floor...

Interesting how they also showed the weather charts, with those slider lows coming along the Channel. Very similar to yesterday. I don't think this current cold spell will anywhere near match that, and quite honestly I think the whole country would come to a standstill if we had it that bad again. We just wouldn't be able to cope. But living through that instilled my love of winter and snow in me.

Just for the record in the Snow Cup, the snow that is left in a few patches from last night's flurries would probably measure 0.001cm. As long as I don't breathe on it and melt it. So I guess I am 1-0 down at half-time. Just having a team talk with the snow gods about tomorrow's second half - and telling them they have to up their game and deliver or they go on the transfer list. I won't have slackers on my team!

Must have been very cold Pete! Did your dad not think about buying a house would have been much warmer! smiliz39.gifrofl.giftease.gif

Posted

Tom

about 2cm here

Posted

i want more lol smile.png

if its west correction then youll be seeing the precip first so be interesting whether you get sleet, snow,rain....hopefully all snowsmile.png

Edited by ChartViewer