Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

You can see the Low over France on the Net Weather radar, has this got to develop? got lots of blue on it( light precipitation) some active cells but you can track it as it moves up looks like it is going East quite along way

Posted

The NMM brings sleet and snow up into the South-East on Monday too

post-7073-0-89672900-1358625346_thumb.pn

That blob of pink is over me so I will take that chart and bank it rofl.gif

Posted

What the F...ridge

Deakin on BBC News 24. Ramping up the snow in Kent/Essex. Using word like "significant" and "dumping"

then stating "2 - 4cm"

Oooooh whoopsie doo! All I can say is, his missus must be easily pleased!! aggressive.gif

Edited by Halling Weather

Posted

Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but did anybody else notice that Ridley Scott was credited as designer on the "The Big Freeze" film from 1963?!

No, I missed that - but I chuckled every time there was a sequence showing people stuck in snow, digging out cars or trains, or just snowy scenes. Even though the scene kept changing, the soundtrack carried on without a break...and sounded like a howling banshee as if it had been recorded at the top of Mont Blanc or Everest! :D

Must have been very cold Pete! Did your dad not think about buying a house would have been much warmer! smiliz39.gifrofl.giftease.gif

Very droll, Paul. We lived in what is now the Camelia Hotel, along Eastern Esplanade. It belonged to my uncle at the time.

Posted

Seeing as this event will be on a Sunday hows about putting the total bock on this and suggesting a Snowman event for tomorrow

(Lol yeah right Paul how are we going to get enough Snow for a Snowman you ask)

So what about a Snowman and Snow Woman Competition, all pictures can be taken upto 6pm and then upload them onto here tomorrow night when we are all rejoicing in our 22cm of Snow! Sorry meant 2cm of Snow!

Could be a good one this is we all make an effort.

By the way dustings are accepted from Medway Towns, if you get the ice pellets off the car tomorrow you can still make a decent thimble sized Snowman!

Good idea! Would love to see everyone's snowmen/women/dogs/cats/giant snowballs!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

What - panic buying?!! tease.gif x

Yeah, ran straight past the bread and milk to the wine clap.gif

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Good luck mate - latest 7.58pm BBC forecast shows 2-4cm widely except in the far SW of our region.

just as long as there is enough to cover my ski tracks from todays fun i will be happy

Posted

Lets start a bet... What does everybody think?

Further east...

Further west..

Slightly further West good.gif

Posted

What the F...ridge

Deakin on BBC News 24. Ramping up the snow in Kent/Essex. Using word like "significant" and "dumping"

then stating "2 - 4cm"

aggressive.gif

Thought that myself. Whilst 2-4cm would be very welcome, in my book significant snow isn't 2-4cm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Can we have a new thread please?

66 pages is a nightmare to load on iOS