Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Wind picking up a bit here now. All the snizzle that feel this afternoon has frozen over. It's like an ice rink outside now.

Posted

Ok guys, going to start collating your depths. Hope you've remembered to measure them and I'm sure you've all been as objective as possible, if not I'll get a few bouncers from those Croydon clubs, some of you were talking about last night, to come round and sort you out!

Btw, my own score in Anerley S.E.20, measured in our car park, which 50% is now sheet ice. The other 50% has some drifted patches of about 5 cms but I think a fair reflection is 2 cms.

I will report back asap.

Cheers,

Tom.

Tom if the other side havent reported in...do we get a goal...dad worked for Mecca/William Hill so im bookie orientatedsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Front not arriving till around 2pm according to this radar.......

http://europa.buienr...nl/3daagse.aspx

That will be alright - I'd expect that there will be snow flurries ahead of the main band anyway. The NAE suggests these with temperatures freezing or just below plus sub zero dewpointssmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Dont think the met o are very confident with snow for my area tom,lol looked great on the bbc this am

Posted

Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but did anybody else notice that Ridley Scott was credited as designer on the "The Big Freeze" film from 1963?!

Yep i noticed that!

Posted

Lets start a bet... What does everybody think?

Further east...

Further west..

Normally systems coming up from France further east. So I am going to say further east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Ok guys, going to start collating your depths. Hope you've remembered to measure them and I'm sure you've all been as objective as possible, if not I'll get a few bouncers from those Croydon clubs, some of you were talking about last night, to come round and sort you out!

Btw, my own score in Anerley S.E.20, measured in our car park, which 50% is now sheet ice. The other 50% has some drifted patches of about 5 cms but I think a fair reflection is 2 cms.

I will report back asap.

Cheers,

Tom.

You can always look at my pics on page 61 if you want evidence to datebiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

post-12648-0-04126200-1358625008_thumb.j

PLEASE BUY THE NW EXTRA FOR ANYBODY THAT DON'T HAVE IT!

Are you on commission for nw rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The NMM brings sleet and snow up into the South-East on Monday too

post-7073-0-89672900-1358625346_thumb.pn

Posted

Seeing as this event will be on a Sunday hows about putting the total bock on this and suggesting a Snowman event for tomorrow

(Lol yeah right Paul how are we going to get enough Snow for a Snowman you ask)

So what about a Snowman and Snow Woman Competition, all pictures can be taken upto 6pm and then upload them onto here tomorrow night when we are all rejoicing in our 22cm of Snow! Sorry meant 2cm of Snow!

Could be a good one this is we all make an effort.

By the way dustings are accepted from Medway Towns, if you get the ice pellets off the car tomorrow you can still make a decent thimble sized Snowman!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

I'm near the Rayleigh Lodge.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow after previous let downs I'm slightly sceptical

Me too. If we do get a good dumping I'll be at the park with the kids on the sledges biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Not far from Asda

What - panic buying?!! ;) x

Posted

jealousy will get you no where, but i have to agree quite funny all the same , i have enough snow to give me my fix for the year so aint bothered if there is any more for me , I just hope others who missed out get their dose this time round

Good luck mate - latest 7.58pm BBC forecast shows 2-4cm widely except in the far SW of our region.