Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Latest Weather Forecast:

http://youtu.be/jLX8s5XO_q4

Thanks for that, I'd missed it! Still looking pretty darn good!x

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

"significant snow in parts of Kent and Essex tomorrow." BBC's forcasters words not mine

and dont forget the 25 cm in east sussex!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Possibly 4-8 hours of snowfall across the south then! :D

Posted

What an absolutely magnifent black and white film about 1962/3 shown in the Winterwatch programme earlier. I was born on Dec 29th, and I'm told that my Dad couldn't get to the hospital to visit for a week. When he finally got there, my Mum said 'oh, has it been snowing?' smile.png

It was fascinating to see how people coped - or didn't - and the meteorological understanding of the weather at the time. Pick of the facts was that contingencies could be put in place to cope with such weather for the princely sum of sevenpence ha'penny a person, or the price of fork handles, sorry four candles. And as for the black woolly pants....! smile.png

Brilliant documentary. Loved the way they adapted to the weather by introducing some new sports :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Temp 0.1c , Dew Point -2c Wind NE 9mph and maybe a few granules of snow on the ground !

Posted

Thanks for that, I'd missed it! Still looking pretty darn good!x

Indeed, and considering that's Alex 'at least it will be mild' Deakin, a very good forecast!

My concern now is not tomorrow (it will snow) or Monday (it'll be freezing!) but Tuesday - I don't want it to sleet or rain... Much like Steve!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just a few of the pics I took on my afternoon ramble to the shops in my local villagesmile.pngpost-18450-0-82854000-1358621769_thumb.jpost-18450-0-01332000-1358621812_thumb.jpost-18450-0-76744400-1358621863_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I got 3cm in the same place that I had 4cm when the snow stopped yesterday.

Posted

The charts I posted gives a ALL our region 4-10CM maybe more..

According to the latest BBC/Met O forecast you are on the western edge of the precipitation which means you're likely to get 2cm. Hopefully they're wrong and the snow is further west by 30 miles, but they were very accurate regarding the Friday event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Indeed, and considering that's Alex 'at leiast it will be mild' Deakin, a very good forecast!

My concern now is not tomorrow (it will snow) or Monday (it'll be freezing!) but Tuesday - I don't want it to sleet or rain... Much like Steve!

Yes I've been seeing sleet/rain/sleet for Tues on the Meto site....maybe if we get our double hit of snow tomorrow then it'll drop temps a bit?!x

Posted

Brilliant documentary. Loved the way they adapted to the weather by introducing some new sports :)

When that steam train blasted through the snowdrift, my first thought was that would be 3 days of risk assessment first these days!

Posted

When that steam train blasted through the snowdrift, my first thought was that would be 3 days of risk assessment first these days!

and the guys under the lorry digging it out.....my first thought H & S, which is pretty sad but expected considering its drummed into our heads at work everyday lazy.gif

Posted

Yes I've been seeing sleet/rain/sleet for Tues on the Meto site....maybe if we get our double hit of snow tomorrow then it'll drop temps a bit?!x

For what it's worth, my met office app is showing light snow for Tuesday... However, it shows sleet at 9am with a temp of 0 and snow at midday with a temp of 2! All will change I'm sure!

Posted

Looks like i will get something this time but being only mile from seafront i worry about air temps and dew points,will only find out when it starts coming over coastal parts of kent and seeing posts from there.temp been droping since lunchtime now dead on 0C.

Posted

Temp 0.1c , Dew Point -2c Wind NE 9mph and maybe a few granules of snow on the ground !

Looks like we may see something 2mo if temps and dew points dont muck it up

Posted

Question 99% of us never look at the models or take for gospel past 72hrs after that its classed as FI... so why is everybody putting up model charts in the model forum at 240hrs with saying "like that should wash away the snow".. "atlantic rushing in" with a chart at 192+hrs?? When we know that its fi.. if it was showing the queen of blizzards at 5 days away we would be saying "yeah right.." So why do these model forum ppl put these charts up when we know it most probably wont happen.. Yet they tell us "wont happen its FI".. Strange..

Posted

Loool!

i know i thought that to when they said on tV earlier besides i am more than happy with our 4" / 5" we already have , been skiing on the south downs for 2 days , not as good as the alps , thank god we had the tractor to get back to the top each time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

whats the estimated snow for my area does anyone have some link for the right charts i never seem to find the right ones

Posted

Comedy Central?

jealousy will get you no where, but i have to agree quite funny all the same , i have enough snow to give me my fix for the year so aint bothered if there is any more for me , I just hope others who missed out get their dose this time round Edited by therecoil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

My half time score is 8cm cheers