Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I have come to the conclusion that light-moderate mini flakes is the best snow (as long as it snows all day). This gear is utterly brilliant, lovely powder. Perfect.

I totally agree,still got loads and still constant so im very,very happy yahoo.gif

Posted

Anyone looking ahead to tomorrow eve?

Slim chance of nicking something?

Or are we done until a fresh reload?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Chucking it down! However, think the next hour or so will see it die down as the system continues to push north.

Edited by danm

Posted

BBC are showing snow to the south and east of London tomorrow night. A few cms maybe.

Posted

I think the flashes are trains, when the third rail gets a coating, the shoes can arc

Still snowing in a very snowy Dartford.

Don't think it's the trains as both me and the wife saw what looked like balls of light and then a bang, would guess somewhere around the Dartford bridge, but could be wrong, don't think I was the only one to hear the bangs as well.

Temp -0.5

Dew point -1.3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

alot on the fence had started to thaw! I'll go and have a measure in a mo. It seemed alot deeper out the rec than in the garden. It looks lovely out there doesn't it :)

Hi Tilly,

Hope your little fellas, not too bad today. Dont really need a final measurement until 9.00 a.m tomorrow.

But no adding your amount to Wills, please! lol

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Met Office have me down for light snow late tomorrow afternoon, thats been updated from sleet that it was showing earlier today.

Edited by Jules71

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just had the most fantastic afternoon sledging on Farthing Downs. Good 6 or 7 inches of snow, and none of the slushy mud on the slopes. Woodland looking so pretty and a great drive home via the backroads. So what's the latest? It is still snowing moderately out there - keep it coming

Posted

Last hour or so we have had a different type of wet and clingy snow, the type that makes fur trees look amazing, added another centimetre so some parts of my back garden are upto 6.5 to 7cm now.

Rapidly decaying from the South now so only another hour to 2 hours left for most of out region, thought we would get 4" but more than happy with around 3" seeing as we never really got under any heavy precip.

Great day and off out tomorrow to get some pictures!

Posted

enjoy...its going to be all over by next week end ....latest gfs....mr atlantic has a big push....but i remember 1963. same thing happened and 5foot...yes 5foot drifts in places ..after a short lull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Measured 9cm earlier,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well had a text that my daughters school is closed tomorrow .Been a fantastic day ,I will be out sledging tomorrow .

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Still snowing lighly here in East Sussex, Amazing !!!!! we have about 7"/ 8" here now with some three foot drifts here and there Bloody brilliant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

enjoy...its going to be all over by next week end ....latest gfs....mr atlantic has a big push....but i remember 1963. same thing happened and 5foot...yes 5foot drifts in places ..after a short lull

thing is, the GFS had the breakdown for Wednesday a couple of days ago, its been pushed further and further back, alot can change in 6 days, not saying it wont happen, but could easly go the other way too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

And still it falls from the sky in Bexley. Epic day today. Not looking forward to tomorrow's journey into London though. Major disruption on all lines at the moment,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Hi Tilly,

Hope your little fellas, not too bad today. Dont really need a final measurement until 9.00 a.m tomorrow.

But no adding your amount to Wills, please! lol

Cheers,

Tom.

He is alot better thankyou, just normal man flu now.

yeah its ok, was just wondering. I found a patch in my garden untouched and we're at 8.5cm. Hopefully be more in a bit too as its still lashing down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

School closure lists already going up on local websites like yourthurrock. Mrs B will be glad to know Stanford le hope primary is on the list. My school isn't.