Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London and South East Regional Discussion - 20th January 2013 13:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still snowing lightly here,not had any big or medium flakes just constant light snizzle,then medium snow all day woopyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I have come to the conclusion that light-moderate mini flakes is the best snow (as long as it snows all day). This gear is utterly brilliant, lovely powder. Perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Annnnnnnnnd, I think we're done. Finished on 7.5cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Two flashes to north of here really coming down now..... Another cm in 30 minutes after three hours of lightish stuff.... Big flakes.... Temp 0c dew -1c

how many CM's are we at now Will?

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Here's hoping for another snow dose tomorrow evening drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Still snowing here but lighter been amazing today. Any chance of a few more heavier bursts before we finish?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme!

here too i am high up on the downs , been skiing all afternoon and called it a day when found myself upside down in a three foot snow drift , too cold and wet after that . enjoy the snow dude.

Sounds like a laugh..skiing in East Sussex eh.. who'd of thought it, what a day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

Sounds like a laugh..skiing in East Sussex eh.. who'd of thought it, what a day!

I know, weird 3rd day in a row i have skied on the south downs , a lot cheaper than the Alps!!!!!cold.gif

Posted

how many CM's are we at now Will?

Its been rather odd to be honest.... Think that when we had the light stuff this afternoon the snow compacted as the last hour footprints etc have covered up but we have between 6-8 cm depending on where you measure it....flakes are quite big now when i just put recycling out.... Very pretty looking at the trees glowing white in the street lights....

Posted

JP, Have you noticed the ppn is being shunted and pushing back towards Croydon. This is truly amazing biggrin.png

Still snowing here and temp is -2c cold.gifcold.gif

I can't see it doing that on the radar? I notice it's evaporating quicker to our West more than it's shunting towards us in the other direction. At this rate we will be done very soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

I have come to the conclusion that light-moderate mini flakes is the best snow (as long as it snows all day). This gear is utterly brilliant, lovely powder. Perfect.

Yes, I agree, much sooner have this than big flakes which degrade when they hit the ground. Tonight you can see tiny individual snowflakes sparkling where they lie - amazing.

So, after the agony of the last few days/weeks, has everyone cheered up now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow getting heavy again! Bigger flakes. Radar is pepping up a lot across north and north-east London. What a day.

Where are you mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

11 hrs and still falling all be it turning lighter., wth temperature falling fast.. what a day, Will the schools be open tomorrow, I doubt it..

Posted

I think the flashes are trains, when the third rail gets a coating, the shoes can arc

Posted

virtually stopped here now, hearing a lot of drip, drip, drip but think thats because everyones heating including mine is working flat out. Sky is still really cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Its been rather odd to be honest.... Think that when we had the light stuff this afternoon the snow compacted as the last hour footprints etc have covered up but we have between 6-8 cm depending on where you measure it....flakes are quite big now when i just put recycling out.... Very pretty looking at the trees glowing white in the street lights....

alot on the fence had started to thaw! I'll go and have a measure in a mo. It seemed alot deeper out the rec than in the garden. It looks lovely out there doesn't it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

11 hrs and still falling all be it turning lighter., wth temperature falling fast.. what a day, Will the schools be open tomorrow, I doubt it..

I hope they're not because I've been so busy watching/going out in the snow with the kids, I've just realised I haven't washed/dried/ironed any of their school uniform ready for the morning...