Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Can't believe the BBC forecast seems to be getting worse if anything.

is there much traffic on the hill going up to gelligear?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Those showers over Poole seem to be coming this way! Hope they intensify on the way, someone tell me about heavy the snow was in Cardiff because I was sleeping tease.gif

Metoffice/BBC didnt even notice it they shouldve at least put an amber warning out early morning when we were seeing those showers developing!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

I agree there is no way my kids can get from here to school this morn, from what I can gather the main roads are ok from bottom of valley but up here it is very thick and to try and walk in this would be bad but even worse to drive,and the way its coming down its going to get worse. I think a few schools will have to send kids home as they havnt closed any around here.

Posted

Those showers over Poole seem to be coming this way! Hope they intensify on the way, someone tell me about heavy the snow was in Cardiff because I was sleeping tease.gif

Metoffice/BBC didnt even notice it they shouldve at least put an amber warning out early morning when we were seeing those showers developing!

Very 50p sized flakes 0 visibility I had to walk and get the bus mate, anymore snow?

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by shuggee, January 22, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by shuggee, January 22, 2013 - No reason given

I agree there is no way my kids can get from here to school this morn, from what I can gather the main roads are ok from bottom of valley but up here it is very thick and to try and walk in this would be bad but even worse to drive,and the way its coming down its going to get worse. I think a few schools will have to send kids home as they havnt closed any around here.

MAYBE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SLEEPY METO SCIENTISTS THAT COULDN'T CALL A SNOW/BLIZZARD DAY IF THEY WERE STANDING IN ONE - LIKE I AM RIGHT NOW - JUST LIKE THE GOV - THEY ALL NEED TO BE SACKED - WE'VE OBVIOUSLY GOT THE WRONG GUYS WORKING DOWN THERE - OR MAYBE THEY'RE NOT WORKING - THEY'RE ALL ON THE NINTENDO WII - PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES! LOL

MY FORECAST - IT'S OFFICIALLY A RAGING BLIZZARD HERE - I'M NOT GONNA END UP SEEING THE OUTSIDE WORLD AT THIS RATE TILL END OF MARCH OR APRIL - NOW THEN LUCKILY I KNEW WHAT WAS COMING SO I PLANNED AHEAD - ISN'T IT LUCKY I HAVE A FEW BRAIN CELLS - BECAUSE IF I'D RELIED ON THE METO - I'D ACTUALLY BE PUTTING MY LIFE AT RISK UP HERE - SHOWS EXACTLY HOW MUCH THEY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US HERE IN WALES - A VERY SLOPPY ATITUDE!

WHEN I WAS IN A SUPERMARKET LAST THURSADY I WAS TELLING A FEW PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN - AND THIS SAYS IT ALL - ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE METO'S CRAP WARNINGS - ONE PERSON SAID - "OH IT'LL ALL BLOW OVER IN 24 HOURS - WON'T AMOUNT TO ANYTHING" - I SAID YOU'RE WRONG MATE - YOU NEED TO PREPARE - AND HE JUST LAUGHED AT ME - WELL - WHO'S LAUGHING NOW EH! LOL

Edited by andymusic
Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Can't believe the BBC forecast seems to be getting worse if anything.

Hi Steve - looks like you are staying home today?

They keep mentioning the weekend - then they are saying more snow coming, dying out, clipping here, fresh snow there - I know it's complicated but blimey! Focus on here and now and give the local forecasters licence to show local - not the London spin on what they think is happening.

Andy - I get your point - BUT TAKE THE CAPS LOCK OFF AND STOP SHOUTING!

JK

Posted

is there much traffic on the hill going up to gelligear?

. There is the odd van and 4x4. But that was quarter to eight which should be rush hour.gonna make an effort in the next few minutes and put the wife on telephone alert to keep me posted if it gets worse. Gonna arrange to work from home again tomorrow if we get a dumping overnight as forecast and knowing how understated NBC Wales have been this morning that's what I'm expecting

Posted

Heavy snow here, absolutely chucking it down! Finding it strange that meto have only got a yellow warning out for us, this is coming down heavier than Fridays snow!

Posted

Very 50p sized flakes 0 visibility I had to walk and get the bus mate, anymore snow?

Hard to tell those showers coming from Poole may get to us, but if they dont intensify (which they have) they will only be light, and thats not bearing in mind if they pass over us.

My interest however is the band of precipitation moving away from France, the low seems its pivoting around Truro, if it stays as it is that band can easily pass over the SW and S.Wales.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Snowplows have been out in force again today, another inch or two here but seems like very wet snow, and a slight thaw.

Posted

Wow,went to clean my car it was drizzle,within seconds it was a full blown blizzard,amazing,welsh news said up to 10cm in south and se Wales!!!!,

Posted

They keep mentioning the weekend - then they are saying more snow coming, dying out, clipping here, fresh snow there - I know it's complicated but blimey! Focus on here and now and give the local forecasters licence to show local - not the London spin on what they think is happening.

JK

. Still throwing it down here John as you'll be aware.....thinking of leaving in the next few minutes,had Friday off,now Tuesday,possibly Wednesday and I'd already booked Friday for other reasons. On a huge guilt trip at the moment to be honest.

Posted

Derek Brockway â€@DerekTheWeather 5m

Radar shows some snow falling in parts of Wales e.g. Caerphilly. The stuff over the English Channel is moving north.http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebchartsukradar.php.

Does this suggest its coming to us?

It seems it does!

Derek Brockway â€@DerekTheWeather

@robbieblackmore West Country, central southern England and south Wales tonight into tomorrow.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

JK

edit:- it looks like an alpine meadow outside right now - stuff going to the alps sking - do it in Wales - oh yes - I'm currently in planning with the welsh assembly - i'm thinking of building a ski resort - proper one - up near Pen Y Fan - and you'll be all very welcome to come up and enjoy yourself - a nice ski lodge with a roaring fire and big bar area - with a night club in it - where we get the best entertainers up to entertain you folks - then some lovely chair lifts etc etc - and you'll be thinking how'd we get up there if all the roads are closed - well just buy one of my snowmobiles - the uk grinds to a halt - we need to adopt some of the ways of the scandinavians (reason i drive a volvo convertible) - and canadians - and take on board there atitude to this kind of weather - so that we can all still function!

Think I might make a Wales version of the film "Where Eagles Dare" today - just gotta find a cable car - maybe I'll bukld one of those too lol!

Edited by Snowmadsam
removed part of post..a tad critical

Posted

They keep mentioning on daybreak about something coming up from France,when is this supposed to arrive?is it snow or worse the other,sorry have trouble saying the word!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

it JUST started snowing here. when i looked out the window after waking it was raining

Posted

They keep mentioning on daybreak about something coming up from France,when is this supposed to arrive?is it snow or worse the other,sorry have trouble saying the word!

Tonight, could produce a couple more inches if it gets here!

Posted

it JUST started snowing here. when i looked out the window after waking it was raining

hope you get some of the heavy showers we had,they were amazing,good luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

sorry - but all this crappy atitude from the meto etc - just "GRINDS MY GEARS" - i'll go back in my cage then shall i - these people are paid a wage to forecast and work within the weather systems - the BBC - we pay them via our licence fee - so the local fee we pay them - surely that means we should have a local service that really highlights the problems we have with the weather here in Wales - it's a terrible endictment on the situation when a forecaster says - oh London has told me to say this - so I'd better not use my brain then! LOL

Hey pal - don't have a pop at me - I am asking you to take caps lock of for the sake of the thread - did I state you were wrong what you posted - no. I asked about the posting - for the sake of people looking at the thread take the caps lock off. Chill out.

I have already posted that they can only state what the senior met man tells them locally - they are governed by London - they have said that locally it's worse than forecast but told to stick to what they have been told to say.

JK

Posted

Andy think that would be a fab idea if you set up your own weather channel for us in Wales am fed up of watching a crap weather forecast that gets it completly wrong for us in Wales....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

green green green here mega_shok.gif

Posted

And still it keeps coming down, just leaving for work which might be pretty stupid but I've a feeling there's going to be a repeat performance tomorrow so gotta make an effort i guess.

post-11218-0-27867500-1358843063_thumb.j

post-11218-0-42886400-1358843119_thumb.j

Posted

And still it keeps coming down, just leaving for work which might be pretty stupid but I've a feeling there's going to be a repeat performance tomorrow so gotta make an effort i guess.

Steve don't risk it - stay at home mate - hate to think of anything happening to you or any of you on this forum - I would care giving out my forecasts - that's what it's about isn't it - caring about others - making sure no one's put in harms way!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Nice pics im so jealous had bugger all, enjoy it and stay home dont look safe ? help.gif

p.s- andy beat me too it

Edited by Gavla