Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted

The only problem with andy doing the forecast is we will be forewarned,might not be able to have a snow day!i long to have snow days they just add to the excitement! I work in a primary school I get just excited or worse than the children!

Posted

Thanks guys, big doubts I must admit, those photos are amazing to me,I'd completely cleared all the snow off the cars from Friday and the road outside the house was pretty much clear but here are

again lol

Posted

Lovely covering this morning

unfortunately all starting to thaw rarther quickly the joys of living near the coast

will have to pop up the valleys to get a proper snow fix

Posted

Well I must have watched different forecasts to everyone yesterday because they definitely forecast some snow for south-east Wales yesterday and Derek on BBC Wales weather had this front and centre of his forecast, in line with Met Office weather warnings that were issued, which seem to have got the position of the snow exactly right.

We all like snow so why can't we just enjoy it? Why does a few inches have to be the end of the world "we should've been warned" "I can't possibly go anywhere" "have to have another day off work". I appreciate that there's heavy snow this morning in the south-east (of wales) but seriously, what would you guys be like if we ever did get a severe cold spell / snowstorm, heaven forbid even blizzards?

I love snow, I hope it happens more often in future than it has done in the last twenty years, but I wish the very people who claim to love it would stop whingeing about it so much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

For what it's worth? This evening?

13012218_2206.gif

Would it not be more amazing if it moved further north?! Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hey pal - don't have a pop at me - I am asking you to take caps lock of for the sake of the thread - did I state you were wrong what you posted - no. I asked about the posting - for the sake of people looking at the thread take the caps lock off. Chill out.

I have already posted that they can only state what the senior met man tells them locally - they are governed by London - they have said that locally it's worse than forecast but told to stick to what they have been told to say.

JK

Glad I am not the only one thinks the thread is getting spoiled.

Posted

I think the forecasts i saw yesterday have been correct.......its not snowing accross the whole of south wales.....indeed here in the swansea valley its raining again!!...but that was forecast

Posted

Meanwhile in thawing less cold west Wales... But so pleased you people down se are getting a treat!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Is there anything Neath way out of curiosity?

Why..... because I arranged for our Neath 4x4 to be brought up to Newport yesterday to help their staff get into work today - leaving them a bit stuffed if it became difficult down there. On my head if I was wrong!

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

stopped here now for a good half an hour.still there's a good few inches down to take the little 1 out on her sledge

Posted

Doubt there is in Neath it is very localized.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Doubt there is in Neath it is very localized.

Thanks - looks like I made a good decision yesterday lunchtime then based on what I anticipated would fall.

JK

Posted

Up to 3 inches of fresh snow here. Even though it was forecast as a possibility I wasn't expecting it.

Well, my £4 snow shovel from Aldi has proved it's worth this year. Gonna have arms like Schwarzenegger if I have to clear my drive anymore.

Made it to work. The main roads improve as you get into Newport. But take it easy!

More tonight then? I was planning to travel to the North East tomorrow after I postponed it today. Looking unlikely I have to say.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

well just about stopped here now,but must say that was very heavy snow fall,and from no schools closed to then all of the ones my kids goto in 5 mins, and they said due to surprise heavy snow fall we have had to close the school at short notice sorry to pupils and parents,it did give snow for this area but I also think it did come a lot heavier than anyone said it would and that must be the case as none of the schools thought before that this was going to happen, my wife works in the school and said schools be open tommor (that was yest) kids didn't go in but teachers did and they cleared roads paths etc but not now they full again ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Got about an inch of fresh snow here (not far from central Cardiff). Stopped since about 8am, and thawing now. Can only hope there will be some snow left when it cools tonight, and that the PPN leaving northern France will head straight for Cardiff!!

Posted

Any more due please?

Looks like that's it from current radar. There is something coming up from France later but they think this might not quite get to South Wales now on latest projections. Few hours yet for it to make it's own mind up!

JK

Posted

Looks like that's it from current radar. There is something coming up from France later but they think this might not quite get to South Wales now on latest projections. Few hours yet for it to make it's own mind up!

JK

Our friends at the Met not quite 100% on where it will end up, but could clip S Wales this evening, as it curls around the low to the SW.

Edited by TonyH