Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted

Still pasting it down here. Not too much left in this band for this area but hey take a look at round 2 on its way!

Throw the models out of the window, they simply can't deal with this set up. Should be an exciting 24 hours. Good luck everyone!

Posted

Blimey, I must have a good inch or two, I'm glad we took hubby's car to end of street but it's going to be fun getting to the main road.

The A470 on the cameras look like they are running fine, so hopefully the main roads are OK.

Posted

The band is intensifying once more as it hits South Wales. Blizzard conditions here at times. If this carries on for the rest of today and overnight into Wednesday as forecast then we could end up with more than the 5-10cm forecast.

Posted

hi all snowed for a good few hrs over night and I nice covering but it has stopped now, I thought the heaviest snow was from 6 this morn until 12,but looking at radar I think this is about to stop for nearly everyone, but I also notice there is a much larger area down towards France that is heading north, is this what they forecast or has the system that was going to snow for today moved through?

Posted

There's more than a threat of this turning wet particularly for Southern and coatal areas.

We could do with the PPN to stop until later this afternoon / evening when that tasty band over Brittany can do its business.

Posted

itv just showed no more snow really for today and then said the bad down france may give a slight dusting but said its going to get cold over the next few nights, so it looks for now that we wont be having anymore snow for the next few days unless there is a surprise. Scotland been having a good dumping in some parts, showed it on Tv and they been having snow for 16hrs so far. be careful this morn guys quite a bit of snow on the roads by the looks.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

About 2 inches up here so far - and coming down quite thickly. Don't think the TV forecasts are doing this justice - or it's just let them get on with it.

Looks like heavier snow will be later so what is this coming down now??

Still good - glad I booked a day off - no pondering if I can get in to work and then can I get home later!

JK

Posted

weird itv wales just said possibility of 5 to 10 cm of snow this afternoon and said it could be heavy but main itv was compleat different. had a lot of snow up here but just been told down the bottom of the valley they had very little, looking out from my window I would have thought no school but looking at web site nearly all schools are open. strange.

Posted

Looks like a good 2-3 inches down overnight and still coming down quite heavy,temperature 0c. Not sure whether to risk trying to get to Newport or not at the moment. Sounds like its going to die away through the morning, was surprised by the bbc forecast saying showers when outside in the wind it looked worse than Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Quite heavy here now and the wind has picked up to

Posted

ONCE AGAIN - WEATHER BIAS - WALES IS PUT ASIDE - NO CARE TAKEN WITH FORECASTS - I COULD DO THIS ONE STANDING ON MY HEAD JUGGLING 3 BALLS ALL AT ONCE - AND STILL GIVE A BETTER FORECAST - I THINK I'M GONNA GO FOR DEREK'S JOB AT THE BEEB - KNOW LOADS OF GUYS DOWN THERE ANYWAY - WITH THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE - WITHOUT A DEGREE IN THE SCIENCE SUBJECTS I COULD RUN RINGS ROUND HIM - THE SNOW IS GONNA BE A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR ISSUE TODAY FOR WALES - WORK IT OUT - THERE IS AN ENGLISH BIAS ON FORECASTS - AND WE ARE GETTING THE THIN EDGE OF THE WEDGE BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY - MAYBE - INCOMPETENCE - MORE LIKELY

EDIT - OH YEAH AND I'VE GOT MORE SNOW THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH AND I KNEW THIS WAS COMING TWO WEEKS AGO - AM I PSYCHIC - NOPE - I CAN READ FORECASTS AND READ ROUND THE SUBJECT

Edited by andymusic

Posted

ONCE AGAIN - WEATHER BIAS - WALES IS PUT ASIDE - NO CARE TAKEN WITH FORECASTS - I COULD DO THIS ONE STANDING ON MY HEAD JUGGLING 3 BALLS ALL AT ONCE - AND STILL GIVE A BETTER FORECAST - I THINK I'M GONNA GO FOR DEREK'S JOB AT THE BEEB - KNOW LOADS OF GUYS DOWN THERE ANYWAY - WITH THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE - WITHOUT A DEGREE IN THE SCIENCE SUBJECTS I COULD RUN RINGS ROUND HIM - THE SNOW IS GONNA BE A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR ISSUE TODAY FOR WALES - WORK IT OUT - THERE IS AN ENGLISH BIAS ON FORECASTS - AND WE ARE GETTING THE THIN EDGE OF THE WEDGE BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY - MAYBE - INCOMPETENCE - MORE LIKELY

EDIT - OH YEAH AND I'VE GOT MORE SNOW THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH AND I KNEW THIS WAS COMING TWO WEEKS AGO - AM I PSYCHIC - NOPE - I CAN READ FORECASTS AND READ ROUND THE SUBJECT

Lol Andy think this snow has induced some type of cabin fever your posts don't half make me chuckle.

Nice bit fallin here too think it could be another snow day. :D

Posted

I tweeted Behnaz because her forecast seemed inaccurate to what was actually falling - she has retweeted stating she told London but they said you cannot change the forecast! We all know how the senior people have the final say in the weather - but surely should be able to have local licence?

Carol Kirkwood had the same tweet from me and she just placed a general tweet saying snow dying out in S/E Wales later.

JK

Posted

coming down again here, I really am surprised that schools all seem to be opening today the roads are well covered up where I am and not sure of the main road but getting out of here going to be fun. that band down france seems to be moving fast, I wonder what that will bring and to where?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by shuggee, January 22, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by shuggee, January 22, 2013 - No reason given

Looks like a good 2-3 inches down overnight and still coming down quite heavy,temperature 0c. Not sure whether to risk trying to get to Newport or not at the moment. Sounds like its going to die away through the morning, was surprised by the bbc forecast saying showers when outside in the wind it looked worse than Friday.

WOULDN'T BOTHER STEVE IT'S TOO DANGEROUS OUT THERE - STAY AT HOME WHERE IT'S SAFE - TELL YOU WHAT IT REALLY BUGS ME THE WAY THE METO OPERATE TOO - HAVEN'T THEY GOT ANY SCIENTISTS DOWN IN EXETER WITH ANY BALLS - I KNEW FRIDAY'S PROBLEMS WERE COMING AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT WEEK AND WAS WARNING EVERYONE I KNEW TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS - BUT THE METO LEAVE THERE WARNINGS RIGHT TILL THE LAST MINUTE - MOSTLY TOO FLIPPIN LATE TO DO ANY GOOD - THEY GOTTA TAKE SOME BALLSY DECISIONS - I KNOW THEY GET EGG ON THERE FACE WHEN THEY GET IT WRONG - BUT I'D RATHER GET IT WRONG AND WARN PEOPLE THAN SIT BACK AND WATCH CHAOS ENSUE - IT'S STUPID THAT THEY CAN'T GET A WARNING ABOUT THIS SORT OF WEATHER AT LEAST THREE DAYS OR MORE BEFORE HAND TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO PREPARE - AND LOOK - EVEN TODAY BL**DY ITV AND THE BEEB - OH MAYBE THERE'S GONNA BE SOME SNOW SHOWERS - HOW ABOUT STICKING YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE WINDOW AND SEEING WHAT'S ACTUALLY FALLING OUT OF THE SKY DUMBA**ES - FLIPPIN HELL - THEY JUST DON'T GET IT DO THEY

Posted

Sky weather seams to b the best one that forecast for the whole of the uk they warned on there about snow coming in for Wales last night just had a look and they have also said about this band moving in from France that is coming towards s Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

A nice covering here in Cathays, Cardiff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Hit for Cardiff, 2-3 inches now on top!

Posted

Wowzah's - coming down in tumps here in Bargoed - the missus being brought home from work in 4x4 - hope she hurries up!

JK

Posted

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - IT'S LIKE NARNIA OUT THERE LOL - OR THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW - AND THE BEEB AND ITV WILL CATCH UP THE DAY AFTER THAT LOL - I THINK I'M GONNA SET UP MY OWN TV STATION ON SKY - BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT ANYWAY - WITH THE MUSIC - I'LL JUST ADD MY BRAND OF WEATHER FORECASTS - SORT OF LESS SENSIBLE - MORE PASSION IN THE FORECASTS - AND DEFINATELY A BENT TOWARDS WALES - AGAINST THE REST OF THE UK - I'LL USE MY KNOWLEDGE JUST FOR WALES - I LOVE MY COUNTRY -

BY THE WAY - ANYONE WANNA BUY A SNOWMOBILE - TEL * - GONNA BE THE IN THING OVER THE COMING 30 YEARS - WINTERS LIKE THESE WILL KEEP ON OCCURING - POSSIBLY EVEN GET WORSE - "MINI ICE AGE" JUST LIKE JOE SAID - CLIMATE CHANGE - BIN IT - GOV JUST WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE JUSTIFIED IN CHARGING US MORE TAXES - RUBBISH - GLOBAL COOLING - GLOBAL COOLING - SUN HAS GONE TO SLEEP - ONLY THING THAT INFLUENCES TEMP ON THE EARTH - AND WE WILL GET COLDER - HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND - MEERKAT SIMPLES!

THIS IS WEATHER FORECASTING WITH SOME PASSION FOLKS

AND HERE'S MY - HEAD OUT OF THE WINDOW FORECAST - TODAY FOR WALES - THE BEEB AND THE ITV GUYS - RUB THE SLEEP OUT OF YOUR FLIPPIN EYES - IT'S SNOWING - IN FACT THERE'S A BL**DY BLIZZARD - OR HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED - CRAZY FOOLS

Edited by andymusic