Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

when I returned home at about 5pm it was 0.9C with a DP of -1.9C, now I'm reading 2.6C & DP 0.3C. This is a rain event on the S Cost for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

In the mean time it's snowing , noticed that little streamer has reached us , it's decaying from the west but had a little expanded as it hit the Cotswolds !!

Posted

So in summary by tomorrow evening we can expect first snow in some places, more snow in other places, or some nice rain to turn everything into an Ice Rink! I think there is something for everyone tomorrow!

Edited by SNOWYLAD

Posted

I cant upload the forecast from Ian, is North east wilts looking good for snow? Swindon area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

18z NAE will prob give better idea for tomorrow i would have thought, with all the latest data applied.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

-0.8 temp and -2.1 dew point. The Isle of Wight is still in the game....lots of lying snow could come into play...but I'm expecting a rain event..

Posted

Well S DEvon has a temp of 0 and dew point of-4 surely this would mean any thing that fell would be snow. Is the temp due to rise significantly or am I , after many sleepless nights, in with a chance of a flake?

Posted

One things for sure ' Radar watching and live obs will be so much fun to watch tomorrow. .. even if you have rain, it could always turn to snow at any point due to the low increasingly dragging colder air back in...

Posted

Well S DEvon has a temp of 0 and dew point of-4 surely this would mean any thing that fell would be snow. Is the temp due to rise significantly or am I , after many sleepless nights, in with a chance of a flake?

I'm wondering the same. For the first time since this snowy spell started I have frost on my car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

BBC local forecast tonight was full of snowy potential but the met office website does not reflect this. Time lag or local weather playing it a bit thick so cover themselves for any disruption. Nowcasting is exciting but at the same time annoying as I want to know what will happen tomorrow....now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

im in ashburton s devon i have a temp of -2.4 and a dew of -3.5 rel hum 92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

im in ashburton s devon i have a temp of -2.4 and a dew of -3.5 rel hum 92

Im very close to you, in Newton Abbot!

Posted

Temp on the up again now 1.3°C, DP -1°C, hope it doesn't rise to much snow chances could be limited but i think thats already the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A light flurry here from that little streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Being the age I am, i'd say what we've seen the last week is pretty typical event in a typically average winter in my lifetime.

Bar Friday, which was a good fall, i saw no snow before this winter.

In an average winter i'd expect many more snow days. Let's hope February delivers.

Talking from just my interest in all types of weather, and with no interest in boosting about snow fall etc, find it interesting that have had 4 days of lying snow todate in this area, For West Dorset is rather exceptional, accept of course for the classic Winter periods of past, Temperatures before last Friday not that inspiring and yet only 8 miles from coast have reasonable cover of snow, which should be around for couple more days, Have seen much colder cold spells with absolutely no signs of snow. Got to have the right synoptics, at the right time to produce the snow and the luck that it stays cold enough for it to hang around, Hope for snow lovers that February might live up to expectations,

Posted

Having just watched latest weather forecast on BBC news24 it seemed the 'event' tomorrow is on the downgrade.

Higher parts of Exmoor and Dartmoor seem favourite. Other parts of our extended region look likely to miss out.

It just seems to me that the growing trend is for less snow for our region from tomorrow's event. Just my view.

I'm sure Ian and the pros are still calling it 'situ uncertain' and they know better than me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The batch coming into Cornwall now looks good , and looks quite progressive to me , which is good I suppose