Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted

not fine for you if verified, bone dry!....Anyhoos, it's just one run, and we've seen things chop and change today, so who knows? smile.png

That's what i thought as well.

Middle of the bristol channel and off the coast of SW Wales should do well though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

lol, BBC Weather shows snow on Thursday for Poole now WTF!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Erm wrong , I'm inbetween 8cm and 3cm to my north, you need to no your geography mate !

and you need to learn to spell...lol......actually just realised that I was looking at ppn spread out to T24, and if you look carefully the image I attached was showing that blum.gif ....T48 shows more ppn for Som/Wilts/South Glos...see attached image

post-4149-0-53897000-1358804342_thumb.gi

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

The ppn band to the south west looks to be making a decent push north east over the last hour! A bit fragmented but potentially building a little.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I give up. This just depresses me, the fact that no one has a clue about this is really annoying! I'm not blaming anyone, it's just frustrating! Sorry! Rant over!

Lol take a chill pill and come tomorrow just look out the window and see if anything is falling.

Posted

I don't and i'm unashamedly talking IMBY here - even looking at the later charts posted by AWD just now looks to be more N De on Snow/, prob Exmoor as well and into SE Wales.

Temps and dew points marginal for coasts and low lying...maybe?

Can't comment on Snow / Rain that's just pure luck , bur precipitation totals , showing 6 in cardiff , 8 in taunton , which suggests somerset a hotspot , Ian thinks thats favoured as well ..

13012212_2118.gif

Posted

The ppn over Cornnwall, although fairly heavy isnt covering a large area - cant imagine that would produce a lot of snow if cold enough. Is the main feature for tonight/tomorrow what's appearing over SW Ireland?

From the forecast I saw earlier the low splits into 2 and the southern part forms into a low which brings the threat of snow looking at the radar this is possibly evident now with the figure of 8 rainband forming if you see what I mean?

Posted

That's what i thought as well.

Middle of the bristol channel and off the coast of SW Wales should do well though!

Here is the 48 hour ppn chart, looks like 5/8mm towards glos.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/21/basis18/ukuk/rsum/13012318_2118.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

and you need to learn to spell...lol......actually just realised that I was looking at ppn spread out to T24, and if you look carefully the image I attached was showing that blum.gif ....T48 shows more ppn for Som/Wilts/South Glos...see attached image

Erm well il see you at my spelling class when your going into your geography class. . . ! And I knew that's what you had done , so quick to jump on the band wagon hey?!!

Anyways whatever it shows , the likelihood is it will be gone in the morning !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All Weather

Some big temp differences across the region tonight, it's flipping chilly here at the moment, I'm at -5.6c and a D.P. of -5.8c and still falling slowly. Not much of a snow thaw here today, still a good 3" snow cover here and looking like that's going to be very crispy come the morning.

Posted

0.7C

DP -1.1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Definate upgrade for the C S England area and IMBY!

13012218_2118.gif

Posted

Some big temp differences across the region tonight, it's flipping chilly here at the moment, I'm at -5.6c and a D.P. of -5.8c and still falling slowly. Not much of a snow thaw here today, still a good 3" snow cover here and looking like that's going to be very crispy come the morning.

I think your snow cover is helping the low temp, whereas Poole has no snow cover, and a nice warm harbour lol

Posted

Interesting as that is 6.00pm on Wednesday. Cant remember Ian mentioning anything for later Wednesday, unless NAE has spotted a new trend.

Posted

Definite bit of rotation forming on the band to the south west.Probably a good sign, will be interesting to see how it develops.

rotation_zps207dd7d6.png

Posted

ooohhh err I like that!!

13012218_2118.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

2.2 c in truro with very cold rain. Temp dropped from 2.7c and falling. Wouldn't be surprised to see turn to sleet or snow in next hour or do.

hey just looking out under the lamp post and you can see its trying to snow! Was beginning to doubt myself tell you told me the temp had dropped . I'm in Truro