Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Could do. The models are currently suggesting we'll return to a more zonal period of weather after the weekend and this is reflected in the automated temps that you're seeing.

Still plenty of time for a change. A week's a long time on Netweather.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Still showing the 12z on weatheronline - 18z should start appearing v soon

Damn it, I did that the other day, confusing site! for half wits anyway! crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Felt abit chilly so went upstairs to get my jimjams on. Looked out of my bedroom window to see a lovely clear starry sky. Also noticed snow still on the roof of my car. Its been driven out and about the last few days and today I drove on roads at 50-60 mph but the snow still clings on!

Posted

so how close are they with a temp of -2 and dp -3 where i am in Ilminster ? Think im gunna spend a few pennys on a small weather station. Got to the point where i need to know lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still showing the 12z on weatheronline - 18z should start appearing v soon

the ppn 48 hour acc charts are out (they're normally the first) and they're not impressive to be honest...Wet in Cornwall/Devon (likely to be rain for most) and dry for the 'points west' region (a couple of mm here and there)..Will be interesting to see if UKMO will modify this raw NAE or not....

post-4149-0-30371800-1358803480_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Still showing lots of Freezing Rain in Truro... Considering someone has mentioned that its just raining... Shame the radar cant "tell" in realtime. I guess it just uses the models to "guess" the PPN type like it does for Snow.

nothing more than rain .... But could be different in the countryside :-(

Posted

the ppn 48 hour acc charts are out (they're normally the first) and they're not impressive to be honest...Wet in Cornwall/Devon (likely to be rain for most) and dry for the 'points west' region (a couple of mm here and there)..Will be interesting to see if UKMO will modify this raw NAE or not....

That 'downgrade' ties in with the bbc graphics i've been seeing this eve on bbc news.

Posted

so how close are they with a temp of -2 and dp -3 where i am in Ilminster ? Think im gunna spend a few pennys on a small weather station. Got to the point where i need to know lol

Don't know about weather stations. Bit rich for me.

I find http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ useful for current conditions.

Posted

That 'downgrade' ties in with the bbc graphics i've been seeing this eve on bbc news.

If you live in Somerset though , there looking great :0)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Or perhaps its just slower developing the feature;

post-12721-0-39988800-1358803702_thumb.jpost-12721-0-34661200-1358803709_thumb.j

Glad I'm working tomorrow, otherwise is be watching a very irritating radar! :p

lol, right on cue, Ian says basically the same thing as above!

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

The ppn over Cornnwall, although fairly heavy isnt covering a large area - cant imagine that would produce a lot of snow if cold enough. Is the main feature for tonight/tomorrow what's appearing over SW Ireland?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

It looks fine to me , a slight shift north , but still 6 - 8cm showing on it , think it will be a now casting event. Guess its a downgrade to those further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It looks fine to me , a slight shift north , but still 6 - 8cm showing on it , think it will be a now casting event. Guess its a downgrade to those further south.

not fine for you if verified, bone dry!....Anyhoos, it's just one run, and we've seen things chop and change today, so who knows? smile.png

Posted

If you live in Somerset though , there looking great :0)

I don't and i'm unashamedly talking IMBY here - even looking at the later charts posted by AWD just now looks to be more N Devon, prob Exmoor as well and into SE Wales.

Temps and dew points marginal for coasts and low lying...maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

not fine for you if verified, bone dry!....Anyhoos, it's just one run, and we've seen things chop and change today, so who knows? smile.png

Erm wrong , I'm inbetween 8cm and 3cm to my north, you need to no your geography mate !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I give up. This just depresses me, the fact that no one has a clue about this is really annoying! I'm not blaming anyone, it's just frustrating! Sorry! Rant over!

Posted

If thats the ppn showing in the far S.W. Where ever it tracks unless it intensifies I would imagine either snow or rain amounts would be insignificant and the whole show would be over in an hour.

Posted

thanks for that a 4degs difference -2Accuweather +2 xcweather. i'll go for zero then! nowt thawing here