Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

A thin covering here this morning, still trying and at zero, but looks like there's not much more to come. Hoping we get time for a snowball fight on Friday before the rain arrives!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

That band is starting to fragment. Dont think it will make it up here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Very fine light snow here now but it is sticking, my car is covered already.

Posted

Is it just me or are the BBC forecasts slightly over egging the snow potential for Friday? They had heavy snow right to the coast, and it not turning to rain for a few hours. I mean, its hardly coming into massively cold air, we've struggled to nudge past -2 and it doesn't look like getting much colder over the next 2 days. I hope we do get a good few solid hours of heavy snow, seen as we have missed all/most of it so far, I just don't see it.

Edited by trickydicky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

nothing here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Is it just me or are the BBC forecasts slightly over egging the snow potential for Friday? They had heavy snow right to the coast, and it not turning to rain for a few hours. I mean, its hardly coming into massively cold air, we've struggled to nudge past -2 and it doesn't look like getting much colder over the next 2 days. I hope we do get a good few solid hours of heavy snow, seen as we have missed all/most of it so far, I just don't see it.

not if they go by ECMWF model, that shows a few hours heavy snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Had a dusting overnight, still falling very lightly. 0.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The weather forecast is completly spot on. The weather front is fizzling out as we type. Don't know how though. sad.png

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

I dont think they are!!dont forget your going to have plenty of surface cold and as it is after looking at the ecm model it looks like there could be a lot of snow friday night into saturday!!

Posted

The odd flake in the air here, probably carried on the breeze, nothing on radar.. Temp 1.8c

Posted

If the latest GFS 06Z is anything to go by we could be looking at a very heavy snowfall Friday away from the coasts, the colder aremass wants to linger and put up more of a fight than recently progged. Could be looking at (away from coasts) a big snow event here, and not just a snow to rain for Inland areas. Worth keeping an eye on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Snowing lightly here. I must admit. Temperature is 0C. A poor easterly? I disagree on it. Our current easterly is just average. I wouldnt called it poor if theres snow cover around.

'White' rain still coming down here.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Snowing lightly here. I must admit. Temperature is 0C. A poor easterly? I disagree on it. Our current easterly is just average. I wouldnt called it poor if theres snow cover around.

'White' rain still coming down here.

Not a 'poor' easterly but then probably not a 'classic' easterly either with a large Scandinavian high, which is probably why the northwest has had a fair share of snow. Apart from a couple of days last week when temperatures fell to -13°C in Norfolk, there hasn't been a strong feed of cold continental air with low dew points, more of a gentle drift from the east allowing modification by the North Sea and the low pressure systems from the north west.

Posted

Light snow falling now, flakes getting bigger not really settling other than on already lying snow.

Temp +1.2C

Posted

The showers to the south seem to be beefing up and heading this way.

I hope it does. and it is snowing here with bigger flakes now here.

Posted

Snizzling heavy here now, flakes getting bigger. Sticking to cars. Temp 1.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Yep snowing!

Posted

I dont think they are!!dont forget your going to have plenty of surface cold and as it is after looking at the ecm model it looks like there could be a lot of snow friday night into saturday!!

Oh, nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

In Fleetwood today v wet small flakes but might be better in St Annes. Didn't expect anything today!! Friday could be interesting but more inland. Be surprised if it snows much on the coast on the breakdown. Good luck to everyone else though.

Posted

stopped snowing here. Im not surprised.