Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted

Well that was certainly a rain maker.

It left us with 26mm of rain and 2cms of snow, and a fair degree of chaos because of the excessive rain. My son was stuck at Corfe Castle yesterday as the streams burst again.

Currently

Temp 0C

DP -1.8C

Wind is now drying things out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Morning. No more Snow here since last night,still very windy and no sign of a thaw.

Wonder what is in store for us today?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well I'm up and at em far too early this morning but I suspect I will need to take my 9am measurement later on and treasure it. Judging by my currently above freezing Temperatures and in spite of all the SNOW on the ground, it will steadily thaw throughout most of today. Hopefully the snowcover will make it until the weekend for most and I wouldn't write off another surprise if not before then, after then some time in February.

Cheers all.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Well what's new most of Devon got snow, what we got is nothing again this has to be the snowless place in the country so that's it we wait until the next cold spell and hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Can't believe it's still snowing, and the radar shows still some moderate snow over me and building to the eas of Me , haven't measured but looks a bell of a lot , on top of what we already have !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Good morning all. All the snow from Friday has gone with all the blasted rain yesterday. It has finally stopped raining. No more rain!! The ground can't take anymore.

Hope feb brings us another snowy spell!

Posted

Heck its stll snowing here.

There has been some snow melt overnite and had it been a tad colder we would be talking 6" here.

Prob just a couple instead but I would imagine a lot more higher up. Its toboggan time ! blum.gif

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ha ha, never say never, it is snowing once again in RG14 but the Temperature remains above freezing so I'm sure it's only delaying the inevitable.

Posted

Hopefully the attachment will work.

post-107-0-34246500-1358925901_thumb.png

It's the accumulation from the last 12 hours (19.15-07.15) zoomed to my postcode showing a swathe of a lot of precipitation

running from Poole to Wells to Cardiff and West of that line. Areas East of there had already had the heaviest by 19.00 yesterday and have had very little overnight.

Still this morning there are heavy showers affecting the Poole region and other parts of the aforementioned zone with very little to the East of there. In the last 24 hours the Poole area has had 50-75mm of precipitation with approx half of that in the last 12 hours while my postcode and the surrounds has had 2mm worth!

Ironic that the forecasts until Monday evening showed a front from the SW stalling somewhere over the West Country when what actually happened was a LOW to the South sent a front slowly NNW before almost stagnating and spiralling over a similar area to that original forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Not a lot accumulated over night compared to some, maybe 2 inches, but its chucking it down again and settling well. More to come looking at radar, very slow moving in from east. Wasn't expecting that this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Heavy snow now in Charlton Adam - some rain around midnight seems to have melted some, but this new snow is settling already - about 2 inches cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

After all that rain I can not believe that there is still some lying snow here in the garden and on rooftops! Temp currently 1.0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Heck its stll snowing here.

There has been some snow melt overnite and had it been a tad colder we would be talking 6" here.

Prob just a couple instead but I would imagine a lot more higher up. Its toboggan time ! blum.gif

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

Morning John ,

Yes we have a lot up hear , nearly 6inches , and to my supprise heavy snow , the radar is shiwing signs of pepping up a bit which is interesting .

Shame the temps have been marginal because it almost ruined it for some of us.

I'm sure there will be other times in the next month.

Posted

Snowing here quite nicely now, a bit of a dissapointment last night, snowed heavily from around 6pm onwards, went to bed expecting a right dumping but this morn only around a further inch or two max, very wet snow, maybe a bit of rain during the night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

After a slightly drier overnight period, it's snowing very heavily here again this morning, a little surprised as I was sure it would've cleared by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Morning John ,

Yes we have a lot up hear , nearly 6inches , and to my supprise heavy snow , the radar is shiwing signs of pepping up a bit which is interesting .

Shame the temps have been marginal because it almost ruined it for some of us.

I'm sure there will be other times in the next month.

That's quite a chunk of ppn slowly spreading west over the Cotswolds, and proper slow moving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well I'm up and at em far too early this morning but I suspect I will need to take my 9am measurement later on and treasure it. Judging by my currently above freezing Temperatures and in spite of all the SNOW on the ground, it will steadily thaw throughout most of today. Hopefully the snowcover will make it until the weekend for most and I wouldn't write off another surprise if not before then, after then some time in February.

Cheers all.

Morning GTLTW ! Well the walk to the train station was far easier than yesterday and there is no doubt a thaw in place..still slightly snowing but nothing to have an effect.

I understand that milder air is due to get its way this weekend so I suspect the lovely magical covering wont be here for much longer..?

So beautiful looking at Narnia out of the window of the train ..

Posted

Slushy cra##y snow in SG, wouldn't be surprised if it's nearly all gone by time i get home from work this eve. As said last night a v high water content.

Here in central Bristol it's basically gone completely.

A week of mild will do me for next week, then maybe a return to colder and snowier, with more 'classic' winter cold conditions to make it a better scenario.

Posted

Looks like the rain comes in from Friday to clear things up a bit:

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

After a slightly drier overnight period, it's snowing very heavily here again this morning, a little surprised as I was sure it would've cleared by now.

Yeah, there seems to be constant showery PPN coming up from around Poole!

Just over three inches here this morning! Although slowly thawing...

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Looks like the rain comes in from Friday to clear things up a bit:

prectypeuktopo.png

Or not as the case maybe. Looking out the train window and not least of all knowing what it has been like in the south west .. There is a fair bit of surface water and flooded fields. What with the melting of the snow and more rain.. I fear rather than clear away it will flood for some .. :(