Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Snowing again in Radstock. Started as really small flakes but beginning to pick up now. No thaw here overnight.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Edited by Gibby

Posted

Well the latest nae still has snow over some of the region at midday !

After yesterday afternoon and early evenings chaos from your region into the West of ours, anything could happen this morning!

Posted

It may of been mentioned before but I wouldn't be surprised that a new frontal system near SW Ireland currently might brush into Cornwall later today and tonight or is this just wishful thinking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Considering West Dorset not snow capital UK, The cold spell that seemed to sneak up on us, been very snowy for this area, Yesterday was cold rain day,but turned progressively from rain to snow during evening, with heavy burst snow just before main band finally moved through,,,,,,,Very overcast and sleety this morning with plenty snowcover left from last week, Maybe couple cold nights before return to heavy rain, With river and fields holding lot of water expect some minor flooding issues,

post-18298-0-73940700-1358933715_thumb.j

Posted

The patchy snow of earlier has really expanded and become moderate again in may parts of Somerset, stretching from as far East as Warminster Westwards through the County with heavier stuff in the South and West of Somerset currently. Nevertheless, snowing quite steadily here currently.

Posted

The patchy snow of earlier has really expanded and become moderate again in may parts of Somerset, stretching from as far East as Warminster Westwards through the County with heavier stuff in the South and West of Somerset currently. Nevertheless, snowing quite steadily here currently.

can confirm this snowing moderately with 50p size flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

We have snow flurries in Weston at the moment, nice size flakes at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Had a dusting this morning, looking at radar looks like could be more for me on its way. Not sure :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

There's been no over night thaw here but no real addition over night either. Currently it's snowing, it's been steady for at least an hour. Was forced to spoil the perfect snow cover in the garden this morning sorry.gif my poor giant Box balls were sagging and splitting apart under the weight of it all. Birds have been in a feeding frenzy, they've clearly decided life's too short and it's too bleeding cold to bother squabbling, not a flicker of aggro as all the different species tucked in together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Met Office issued new Snow warning valid untill 2100 tonight. Shame it just misses me!

Edited by George

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Snow getting heavier in Exeter! Looking at the weather radar, I think East Devon are going to get some heavy snow, I'm hoping it moves slightly more east over Exeter....Some reds and purples in the radar for East Devon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

How is this area on snow over us building? what from? Steady moderate snow falling.

Posted

Snow getting heavier in Exeter! Looking at the weather radar, I think East Devon are going to get some heavy snow, I'm hoping it moves slightly more east over Exeter....Some reds and purples in the radar for East Devon.

I'm about 14 miles east and it's very heavy here. Starting to settle on the roads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Moderate snow falling here now.

Posted

How is this area on snow over us building? what from? Steady moderate snow falling.

All that praying has paid off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Snow in Stroud, not as heavy as earlier this morning but moderate.

The Radar doesn't seem to have typical point x to point x movement though, things are just building in situ.

Posted

Moderate occasionally heavy snow just to the NE of the town centre (ca 50m asl). Temp 2.5C. Radar indicates heavier stuff on the way, question is - will it arrive as rain, sleet or snow.

Edit -

Hopefully snow based on cakies report above.

Edited by swebby

Posted

Mad weather. Lovely snow last night then the temp went up again and it was drizzling this morning at 7am. Now it's trying to snow but only bits of 'dandruff' and the temperature has gone down by 0.5c. Wonder if they will get Friday wrong and we get loads of snow just before it melts? clapping.gif

Posted

Just looked at the radar, that large blob of precipitation centred over the South coast seems to be filling and spreading in all directions as it moves North. METO update has me down for light snow all day so I'm guessing they're not expecting it to warm up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Is it me or is everything starting to slowly move just E of N? For most of this morning its seemed static, but the Somerset/Dorset bit seems on the move