Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

34mm of rain yesterday, 6.6mm today (likely there's a bit more to come) January stands at 95.4mm.

Rain warnings have now been issued for Friday and Sunday, so plenty more to come.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

I think it's a typo. If you click on link it is a warning for snow.

dont think you read it right.

Yellow Alert of Rain 25 Jan 2013, 00:05

Issued at - 23 Jan 2013, 11:53 Valid from - 25 Jan 2013, 00:05 Valid to - 25 Jan 2013, 23:59

A combination of rain and SNOW MELT could lead to localised minor surface water and river flooding. The public should be aware of potential disruption to travel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

And it's still snowing here, not bad as I want expecting anything today, shame it hasn't settled though.

Posted

34mm of rain yesterday, 6.6mm today (likely there's a bit more to come) January stands at 95.4mm.

Rain warnings have now been issued for Friday and Sunday, so plenty more to come.

Copious amounts of run-off after yesterday, by the time we get through to next week, we'll be sliding into the sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Got some nice 20p size flakes mixed in with smaller flakes now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Big downgrade for coldies from MetO longer range here is yesterdays

UK Outlook for Wednesday 6 Feb 2013 to Wednesday 20 Feb 2013:

There is greater than average uncertainty throughout this period. The most likely scenario is for conditions at the start of this period to be less cold than at the moment but also on the unsettled side. However, colder weather and below average temperatures then probably come to dominate once more towards mid-month. In terms of rain and snowfall, southern parts in particular will probably start wetter than average, but trend to nearer normal by mid-month, while the north will probably see drier than average conditions for much of the period.

Updated: 1207 on Tue 22 Jan 2013 and today it looks like this

UK Outlook for Thursday 7 Feb 2013 to Thursday 21 Feb 2013:

There is greater than average uncertainty throughout this period. The most likely scenario is for conditions at the start of this period to be less cold than at the moment but also on the unsettled side. In terms of rain and snowfall, southern parts in particular will probably start wetter than average, but trend to nearer normal by mid-month, while the north will probably see drier than average conditions for much of the period. Temperatures for the rest of this period are not expected to be far from the seasonal norm.

Updated: 1228 on Wed 23 Jan 2013

Posted

dont think you read it right.

Yellow Alert of Rain 25 Jan 2013, 00:05

Issued at - 23 Jan 2013, 11:53 Valid from - 25 Jan 2013, 00:05 Valid to - 25 Jan 2013, 23:59

A combination of rain and SNOW MELT could lead to localised minor surface water and river flooding. The public should be aware of potential disruption to travel.

Anyway, still snowing here, quite heavily at times. We did have quite a bit of melting through the night, but the snow we have had most of the morning is topping things up nicely. METo has this forecast for us until 9pm tonight. Yikes!

Not looking forward to all of this melting and then rain, we have had more than enough of water thank you very much.

Posted

Big downgrade for coldies from MetO longer range here is yesterdays

UK Outlook for Wednesday 6 Feb 2013 to Wednesday 20 Feb 2013:

There is greater than average uncertainty throughout this period. The most likely scenario is for conditions at the start of this period to be less cold than at the moment but also on the unsettled side. However, colder weather and below average temperatures then probably come to dominate once more towards mid-month. In terms of rain and snowfall, southern parts in particular will probably start wetter than average, but trend to nearer normal by mid-month, while the north will probably see drier than average conditions for much of the period.

Updated: 1207 on Tue 22 Jan 2013 and today it looks like this

UK Outlook for Thursday 7 Feb 2013 to Thursday 21 Feb 2013:

There is greater than average uncertainty throughout this period. The most likely scenario is for conditions at the start of this period to be less cold than at the moment but also on the unsettled side. In terms of rain and snowfall, southern parts in particular will probably start wetter than average, but trend to nearer normal by mid-month, while the north will probably see drier than average conditions for much of the period. Temperatures for the rest of this period are not expected to be far from the seasonal norm.

Updated: 1228 on Wed 23 Jan 2013

That is a downgrade.

Looks like, IF it comes true, the second cold spell hearalded by some of the 'experts' on NW may not materialise.

Posted

Friday looks like a possible snow event in the east of the region..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well the cold spell is drawing to a close cray.gifcray.gif

Quick photo of the front of the house while it still here. Around about 12 inches total on grass and 9ish on pavements.

post-8911-0-19312900-1358946074_thumb.jp

Posted

Hi guys well stopped snowing and starting to turn to slush SO not happy as I wanted it to pitch more, hope temps start going down when it starts to get dimsey. Hark at me I sound like a moaning nisseldraft. There think i got in enough Devonian and one for Offerman . Sorry couldn't resist, going over to Mothers to see how she be knakingfore. rofl.gif

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi guys well stopped snowing and starting to turn to slush SO not happy as I wanted it to pitch more, hope temps start going down when it starts to get dimsey. Hark at me I sound like a moaning nisseldraft. There think i got in enough Devonian and one for Offerman . Sorry couldn't resist, going over to Mothers to see how she be knakingfore. rofl.gif

kaz

???????????????? ph34r.png Dare I Google some of that little lot.

A fair thaw going on here but we have also had a fair few snowflakes to add to the tally today too.

More sleety/wet snowy areas are still showing up well on the radars but eventually I feel it will be too warm for snow, more especially come tomorrow for most.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Next concern seems to be flooding again not that we need it but snow melt + rain= Bad :(

temp holding steady here at 0.6°C.

Just a quick question is there anybody out there who owns a davis vantage vue if so does anybody find the humidity reading to low?

Thanks. :)

Posted

All that means is I going to see how mother is and i hope temps drop when the sun setts. nisseldraft is a very old devon and somersett saying means worse than the runt off the litter. (normally use for small moaning woman)

Just been out and its thick sludge white up on the hills, thawing fast, did look like it was getting brighter but gone dull here again.

kaz x

Posted

???????????????? ph34r.png Dare I Google some of that little lot.

A fair thaw going on here but we have also had a fair few snowflakes to add to the tally today too.

More sleety/wet snowy areas are still showing up well on the radars but eventually I feel it will be too warm for snow, more especially come tomorrow for most.

It confused me. I googled knakingfore and it doesn't exist... Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings? lol ??

Thaw definately setting in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So are we going to finaly see a hrd frost tonight?!

With deep snowcover and clearing skys it might be possible?

Posted

It confused me. I googled knakingfore and it doesn't exist... Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings? lol ??

Thaw definately setting in here.

prob spelt it wrong... it is a term How b yea naking fore... how are you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

So are we going to finaly see a hrd frost tonight?!

With deep snowcover and clearing skys it might be possible?

In spite of loving the snow, it would be nice to have seen the SUN on more than just coupole of days through the whole of January. It must have been one of the dullest on record in my neck of the woods.

Posted

Hi guys! School closed, as it was snowy, but only half way through the day! Had some very heavy snow here earlier, and looking at the radar, I can see where it came from! Snowing/sleeting here again, as it turns to sleet in lighter bursts... Probably about 4 inches/10cm here now!!

Posted

School closed and little fella double happy as his Nerf blaster Wii game just arrived in the post doh.gif Not much snow at the bottom of the valley but the police had closed the road to Honiton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Pleasantly suprised to wake up to a dusting of snow this morning. Made the journey to work a lot prettier good.gif