Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Well the cold spell is drawing to a close cray.gifcray.gif

Quick photo of the front of the house while it still here. Around about 12 inches total on grass and 9ish on pavements.

post-8911-0-19312900-1358946074_thumb.jp

Bet it'll be heartbreaking to watch all that thaw as the mild air floods in at the weekend.

Posted

Bet it'll be heartbreaking to watch all that thaw as the mild air floods in at the weekend.

post-6667-0-79389600-1358935145_thumb.jp

sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I don't mind a gradual reduction to freeze thaw over days with cold nights but to have rain and mild turn it all to a slush mess for a couple of days is just bad.gif

Half tempted to just build an enormous snow heap in the shade and see how long it can hold of the mild rain rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Its also like the saying " How b on", i now know what they mean but in the beginning i thought W.T.H are they on about? Also, they say, "what do you know".

Its funny but you get used to it and makes language diverse i guess. One saying i hate by youngsters is the SO saying.,

I.E I`m SO not happy with this or I`m SO going to ....

What happened to I`m REALLY going to.... or I`m really not happy about this..

I think the SO saying came from the friends serious and now is commonly used in language.

(I`d love to go on the show grumpy old men,lol) Bikes, the saddle is so low and knees over there shoulders, they can`t ride like that and end up standing up not using the saddle at all lol.

Trousers literally below the buttocks, weird?? Now all the boys have girl swept over bieber hair styles, whats going on???

Rant over lol, i am actually a happy go lucky person believe it or not although you wouldn`t think so reading this postclapping.gif

That is just sooo such a great rant biggrin.png

Posted

A couple of pics from the chaos up at bristol airport last night!

post-11768-0-56130800-1358949524_thumb.j

post-11768-0-31876000-1358949533_thumb.j

Posted

Overcast here, but at least it's not raining again. Off out to go play in the puddles now cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

All gone back to being bleugghh here again, grey, cloudy, wet and muddy (apart from a couple of white blobs here and there)

Posted

Mmm drizzly at the moment at 0.7c so pretty vile, however a new batch of showers are heading up from the South coast so we could have a few more snow showers yet if they move over.

So are we going to finaly see a hrd frost tonight?!

With deep snowcover and clearing skys it might be possible?

I don't think it will be clear, it's already gone very misty and, with slightly increased upper air temps, fog is more likely over the snow cover. That fog will last into

tomorrow, we may get some hazy sunshine then the new fronts come in on Friday.

We have had precious little sun in the last week, but with the bright white snow cover it's never been dull.

Posted

And here's a couple of pics from what it was like after last fridays snowfall, didn't really thaw at all until monday so that was nice smile.png

post-11768-0-27804300-1358950366_thumb.j

post-11768-0-90122000-1358950373_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

0.6ºC Getting hazey .Can not see the hedgerow in fields...Paths have wet surface from being cleared... Hope they do not freeze tonight..Plenty of lying snow around..

Posted

Just walked to the shops and took my life in my hands, deep slushy, slippy snow and my year 11's armed with snowballs screeching Miss!!!!! as they chased me up the road. Little sods :D

We keep getting great big snowflakes, then nothing, then sleet, then back to big fat snowflakes....if this freezes tonight it is going to be terrible, so part of me is wishing for rain to clear it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

It does?? How come?

On the main bbc weather,showed snow over Devon and just into somerset,looks like west somerset(minehead) but could be 2-5cm and more over high ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Iwonder what mid february is going to bring us? I heard someone say thats when the SSW will be mostly felt and when it will get cold again after a breif mild period....BBC month ahead looks like it's hinting at cold returning mid February too.....

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Still snowing here albeit light snow,I echo DD and hope it clears with rain .

Posted

On the main bbc weather,showed snow over Devon and just into somerset,looks like west somerset(minehead) but could be 2-5cm and more over high ground.

Oh okay, thanks!

Sleeting here at the moment...

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

Ok it's started snowing again in Exeter, I've looked at Netweather Radar and it looks like Exeter (and towns a few miles to the east) are going to get a heavy snow shower!! woo hoooooooooo Bring it on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Ok it's started snowing again in Exeter, I've looked at Netweather Radar and it looks like Exeter (and towns a few miles to the east) are going to get a heavy snow shower!! woo hoooooooooo Bring it on

That's an obsurdly intense shower!! I just hope it doesn't veer too far eastwards as it would be nice if the centre passed over us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Rain started here. Very slight sleet mixed in, but mainly rain.

Posted

That's an obsurdly intense shower!! I just hope it doesn't veer too far eastwards as it would be nice if the centre passed over us!

It's turned to sleet here but higher elevations and east and north of Exeter should expect a pretty heavy snowfall for a couple hours, grrrr lol

Posted

It's turned to sleet here but higher elevations and east and north of Exeter should expect a pretty heavy snowfall for a couple hours, grrrr lol

i wouldnt worry its been sleet here too :D