Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 23rd January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I'm the same. not excited in the least. looking forward to seeing snow but a snow to rain event doesn't appeal. I'd rather have just rain than the tease.

Me too

Posted

I'm the same. not excited in the least. looking forward to seeing snow but a snow to rain event doesn't appeal. I'd rather have just rain than the tease.

Thirded

Edit..fourthed even!

Edited by Bartlett Low

Posted

Thirded

Edit..fourthed even!

And me,can't be doing with snow to rain events. Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

I always remember as a child waking up one night, looking out the window to see a lovely white blanket of snow everywhere, and gazing in awe before going back to bed with a smile on my face, dreaming of snowballs, sledging and snowmen and even a possible day off school. When I woke up I rushed to the window to see it simply raining, not a trace of white anywhere. Snow to rain events ever since take me back to that nightmarish snow-stealing exprerience. So, if it does snow and settle for more than an hour, I will be out with my kids, video, photos, the lot - cos it will prob be the last chance till next winter.

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

had the block held firm and it stalled for a few days then turned to rain I could maybe handle that.

I always remember as a child waking up one night, looking out the window to see a lovely white blanket of snow everywhere, and gazing in awe before going back to bed with a smile on my face, dreaming of snowballs, sledging and snowmen and even a possible day off school. When I woke up I rushed to the window to see it simply raining, not a trace of white anywhere. Snow to rain events ever since take me back to that nightmarish snow-stealing exprerience. So, if it does snow and settle for more than an hour, I will be out with my kids, video, photos, the lot.

aww yeah that's so sad. I know the feeling too well.

Posted

I always remember as a child waking up one night, looking out the window to see a lovely white blanket of snow everywhere, and gazing in awe before going back to bed with a smile on my face, dreaming of snowballs, sledging and snowmen and even a possible day off school. When I woke up I rushed to the window to see it simply raining, not a trace of white anywhere. Snow to rain events ever since take me back to that nightmarish snow-stealing exprerience. So, if it does snow and settle for more than an hour, I will be out with my kids, video, photos, the lot - cos it will prob be the last chance till next winter.

aarrgghh , you've just brought back some hidden trauma from the back of my mind that i had shut out!!, i can remember the exact same feeling of utter dismay when i looked out to find it raining

Edited by Spurry

Posted

If i'm perfectly honest , after tomorrow i just want the sun to keep shining all the way until next winter when it can snow again

Posted

the dreaded snow to rain scenario,does nothing for me to be honest,nothing worse than a few hours of lovely snow being washed into a puddle by the atlantic.

WE live in hope of something wintry in feb but hand on hear its going to be the 2nd week of feb at the earliest,who is going to put money on a hge greeny high come april? thats my punt anyway

Could be a fair bit of snow in your part of the world especially, could be some big flakes as temps hover around the 1c mark.

What I said at the start of the winter was that some winters for whatever reason, the NAO will remain positive despite all sorts of drivers that *should* send it in the other direction.

Time for that to change though and if you enjoy snow events more than long cold dry spells, which I do, then plenty of time for more action.

Posted

If i'm perfectly honest , after tomorrow i just want the sun to keep shining all the way until next winter when it can snow again

That just ain't gonna happen...

Posted

Could be a fair bit of snow in your part of the world especially, could be some big flakes as temps hover around the 1c mark.

What I said at the start of the winter was that some winters for whatever reason, the NAO will remain positive despite all sorts of drivers that *should* send it in the other direction.

Time for that to change though and if you enjoy snow events more than long cold dry spells, which I do, then plenty of time for more action.

All the hallmarks of a large fall of snow in a short period of time, this should be what every snow fan and weather fan wants to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

aarrgghh , you've just brought back some hidden trauma from the back of my mind that i had shut out!!, i can remember the exact same feeling of utter dismay when i looked out to find it raining

Sorry mate - someone should do a psychological study on why snow does so much for so many of us muppets! help.gif

Posted

Clear skies for the first time in a wee while which is reflected in the current temp @ -2.5C

How low can we go?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Getting pretty windy now, 1c and feeling bitter. Looking forward to the cold rain tomorrow!

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

IF and this is big if, we were to get a pasting or look like we are going to get a pasting tommorow then, a quick head count tells me people are not up for doing the honours on here, i was debating whether to go to the pub (1000ft) and at least see it snow for longer and maybe with wind get some big drifts or stay in on the North West forum, i had a brilliant buzz on sunday night with that intense burst of snow coming down and this place in meltdown, however, tommorow could be the reverse - everything melting outside while this forum is dead!

Posted

That just ain't gonna happen...

I know , but as much as i do like my winters cold and snowy what i really love is warm sunshine

Sorry mate - someone should do a psychological study on why snow does so much for so many of us muppets! help.gif

So True sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know , but as much as i do like my winters cold and snowy what i really love is warm sunshine

So True sorry.gif

yeah, from Saturday I just class it as a huge bonus if its dry, Tuesday looking horrendous, high pressure over UK is becoming virtually non existant, all times of year, even rarer than snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Pub plus phone is the best option!

Yes i am thinking but posting on here from phone difficult, edge is hard to come by and 3g really not an option in terms of any decent signal strength round gere!!!

Posted

Yes i am thinking but posting on here from phone difficult, edge is hard to come by and 3g really not an option in terms of any decent signal strength round gere!!!

Laptop and pub wifi?

In your shoes, presuming you are not working tomorrow, I get out early for a decent walk then hit a pub as the snow hits.

Stay for a few hours and back home to the forum!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

How can you say "winter over" March 4th 1987 it snowed like hell in the NW. Remember it so well as we were away at Exeter with the football. All the schoolkids were snowballing the supporters coach leaving town. After the game all the Exeter bricked the coach. True. A friendly lot. It was T shirt weather there that day.

Posted

How can you say "winter over" March 4th 1987 it snowed like hell in the NW. Remember it so well as we were away at Exeter with the football. All the schoolkids were snowballing the supporters coach leaving town. After the game all the Exeter bricked the coach. True. A friendly lot. It was T shirt weather there that day.

More recently March 12th 2006 here in St Annes it snowed a lot. I remember cos it was my son's birthday. It got sleety later but provided a lot of fum for a while.