Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

So much for the medway snow shield- more like the se London/ nw Kent and by the sounds of it south Essex snow, normal service resumed in Kent with medway&East getting the snow like 9out of 10winters do. North Essex has done so well in all the marginal events this winter jammy. ... . . !

Actually, we had about half an hour of heavy sleet and now nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Unbelievable eh!

Look at the radar it is dying rapidly. Could end up a dry night here!

Having lived in Southend for 20 years I feel your pain. It exists in it's own micro climate, either missing out entirely, or on the odd occasion doing better than everyone else. Keep the faith, something good will come your way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

In my opinion the BBC graphics were crap-showing heavy snow over a wide area of the southeast including slapping the 2-4cms of snow warning sign over the south of London with Up to 10cm just further north, well at the min it doesn't even look like sleeting round these parts so ill be amazed if this comes off(hope so) enjoy your snow again up north again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Any objections if I was to officially declare this a damp Squibb and going out on a whimper for london any how

I was going to give it til 1am, but it's just got really heavy and ever so slightly snowlike

Posted

Bugger all here now, too. Everything is bone dry. The North Kent deflector shield is doing its job again, stopping us from getting any ppn. But then South East Essex is the driest part of the country, so I guess it's no surprise... :(

Posted

Serious question ...why is it if we get rain from the sw it always comes across whole of kent and we get soaked but if it involves any snow there always seems to be doubt about the front dying out before it gets here ? Confused of Sandwich lol

Posted

So much for the medway snow shield- more like the se London/ nw Kent and by the sounds of it south Essex snow, normal service resumed in Kent with medway&East getting the snow like 9out of 10winters do. North Essex has done so well in all the marginal events this winter jammy. ... . . !

Medway has had 30 minutes of sleet and now nothing to top off a cold spell that has delivered little here but a lot to most of the country.

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted

I was going to give it til 1am, but it's just got really heavy and ever so slightly snowlike

The yellow echoes are just to the west of us which may produce something interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Bugger all here now, too. Everything is bone dry. The North Kent deflector shield is doing its job again, stopping us from getting any ppn. But then South East Essex is the driest part of the country, so I guess it's no surprise... sad.png

Good for summer though!

We are in the best spot for summer.

Posted

Having lived in Southend for 20 years I feel your pain. It exists in it's own micro climate, either missing out entirely, or on the odd occasion doing better than everyone else. Keep the faith, something good will come your way!

Lol well we are the driest place in the country!

Cant believe our luck this cold spell.

1 snowfall that was one of, if not the lowest in the entire SE region. Mostly cloudy, the odd frost.

Hoping for something better in Feb.

On that note. Good luck all. Catch you soon.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

Good for summer though!

We are in the best spot for summer.

And East Beach is less than a five-minute walk away :)

On that note, I shall bid you all goodnight and dream of warmer weather. Unless we get the fabled "Return of the Cold" sequel in February. Coming to a window/lamppost near you...

Posted

Its like the Friday event from a week ago. Everything died in London.

The last thing I expected was a dry night.

In the words of Ian Brown WTF!!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

no, that was '28 days later'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I've been outside to check, and I can't confidently say it is snow. Have I really stayed up late to watch heavy driving sleet?

Posted

Does anyone want to do a house swap? lol I need to warm up

Back to the south east - be interesting to see if the heavier precip to the west actually falls as snow - very varied reports coming in. Prob the worst North Kent has done out of a prolonged cold snap in my living memory and yet places have done amazingly

Edited by canadiancoops

Guest bjaykent

The last thing I expected was a dry night.

In the words of Ian Brown WTF!!

Cheer up mate its only weather!

Posted

I've been outside to check, and I can't confidently say it is snow. Have I really stayed up late to watch heavy driving sleet?

I'm feeling your pain grrrr