Snowangel-MK

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Ooooh matron!

13020112_3012.gif

Could be another interesting situation for those to the south of the region. Similar to a few weeks ago, but will it be situated further south on future runs? Usually the way it goes. I won't hold out anything for me, but I got my fill last Friday, although i've never seen so much snow dissapear in such a relatively short timeframe....36hrs.

Posted

Going househunting in sandbach and glossop friday.... Hoping that doesnt come off.... Am in a 4x4 though..... Keeping an eye out or the possibility though.....

Could be another interesting situation for those to the south of the region. Similar to a few weeks ago, but will it be situated further south on future runs? Usually the way it goes. I won't hold out anything for me, but I got my fill last Friday, although i've never seen so much snow dissapear in such a relatively short timeframe....36hrs.

Two days ago that was forecast to be over se uk, now nw.... Might be forecast for scotland in a day or so.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Going househunting in sandbach and glossop friday.... Hoping that doesnt come off.... Am in a 4x4 though..... Keeping an eye out or the possibility though.....

Sandbach is only about 6/7 miles down the road from here. Glossop is much higher up. (Not that altitude should necessarily sway your decision :p)

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Sandbach is only about 6/7 miles down the road from here. Glossop is much higher up. (Not that altitude should necessarily sway your decision :p)

Busy weekend have 12 houses to view.... Up tomorrow.... Hoping woodhead pass open ( ie wind today closing it) otherwise its snake pass.... Really hoping to move to glossop/ stalybridge as some lovely places, plus it usually snows most winters up there ;) always an added bonus.... Never been to sandbach but again nice houses.....

Posted

I would agree if it was consistently being modelled but it isn't, the models are all over the place with this at the moment, there is no consistency intermodel wise as to what is going to happen with this.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Can't see anywhere other than south of the Mersey getting much from this unless it moves further north and history is not on our side with that possibility.

At least we are looking at the chance of some snow in the form of showers over the next few days and before that another spell of gales tomorrow.

Things could certainly be far worse.

Posted

7c i think the wind as chilled out a bit...time for a cuppa..no..sorry i mean cuppla beers :)

Posted

I would agree if it was consistently being modelled but it isn't, the models are all over the place with this at the moment, there is no consistency intermodel wise as to what is going to happen with this.

The FAX chart for 48hrs has it over NE France by midday Friday.

The FAX chart for 60hrs has an occlusion sinking southwards, Friday night. Saturday morning could be icy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

ECH1-144.GIF?30-0

Things are looking good on tuesday next week. smile.png

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

ECH1-144.GIF?30-0

Things are looking good on tuesday next week. smile.png

Yes a very nice NW for Tuesday

Hopefully the Cheshire Gap will bring plenty of snow showers

C.S

Posted

Yes a very nice NW for Tuesday

Hopefully the Cheshire Gap will bring plenty of snow showers

C.S

Would like to see that Low to the North a little further East as at the moment there is a little too much Atlantic modification, lower altitudes may see hail/wet snow from that- as it stands.

Posted

Haha. Died down here. Didn't mind the wind, it's the ruddy rain with it that I can't be doing with!

yeah i know ..click of a tinnie coming up ....Mmmm carling

No davemac tonight....wats he up too lol sideways smiley face

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Its alright round here at the moment, a few showers quickly rattling through on a strong and gusty westerly wind, certainly nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.

where are you mate

Posted

yeah i know ..click of a tinnie coming up ....Mmmm carling

No davemac tonight....wats he up too lol sideways smiley face

Don't blame you. I'm that bored I wouldn't mind one, but I won't. Enjoy. I'm sure you will/are! ;-)

Oh you've gone! I'll talk to meself then! ;-)

Edited by SummerNSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Off to bed now night all

goodnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Best news today........my dads in remission from his cancer

Posted

Jeepers what a surprise that was. Woke up (well half asleep due to a cold) at 4.20am to the sound of what I assumed was a bin falling over I then noticed a flash and heard the sound of thunder, thinking it was a rogue shower I didn't bother looking out the window until a closer thunderclap had me scrambling out of bed.

In all we just had a storm lasting some 25 minutes with on average 4-lightning strokes per minute, even now the bedroom light is browning out due to distant strikes. Quite a unexpected surprise and definitely goes to show here in the UK it can do almost anything at any time. Derby/Nottingham the next in line for all this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It looks like Friday's low pressure system will, as expected end up crossing the country on a trajectory which leaves all of the North West dry. Possibly a little snow on the northern edge as it passes through with areas such as the N Midlands maybe seeing a dusting but nothing more substantial likely.

We are still looking at the chance of some wintry conditions in the NW over the next few days but to me it doesn't look that potent and, as is often the case, altitude will be helpful.

As for the overnight squally period, if we did get it IMBY I slept right though it.

Posted

It looks like Friday's low pressure system will, as expected end up crossing the country on a trajectory which leaves all of the North West dry.

As I said before this was not a classic case of a low constantly being modelled and then it gradually tracks further south with each run, the models have been all over the place with this one, ECM 12Z yesterday, it was virtually non existent. UKMO had it always tracking further south and never made much if it anyway.