Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hello by the way ..not been on here for a few days ,nice to hear your,er ' imaginary' voices.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Raining here now, lets hope in 24 hrs its a total whiteout!!!cold.gif

Yes it's a good sign for tomorrow as the flow of this band of showers is from the west.

All we need is the colder air to move in overnight and tomorrow morning and hopefully it's game on.

Posted

Tell me about it.

I was dard sarf last weekend and missed the foot of snow that fell on Friday.

Left home with about 5 inches on the drive from earlier in the week, came home after the heaviest fall since 2010 and there was hardly anything left. Anyway at least I'll be local for whatever falls this week.

Oooh, that's not so good! Hope you enjoy whatever does fall then! :-)

Was thinking more like a couple of feet TBH, am I being just greedy or absolutely deluded as well. Lol

Missed this post. Both! ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wind seems to be getting stronger here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wind seems to be getting stronger here now.

Them Aldi beans are killers mate. :p

Posted

Them Aldi beans are killers mate. :p

More of a Branston fan myself, especially when on offer at Tesco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

more energy further south on the 18z, here comes a decent battleground setup for our region.

h500slp.png

A little bit further East than i anticipated but some big snowfall totals for the pennines followed by an Easterly here.

h500slp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Thats all after some lovely convection tommorow of course, this being set in stone.

13020506_0318.gif

looking good

Posted

Good evening, been away for a week or so but with the threat of more snow you find yourself back on here! Good luck to all let's hope it stays around longer this time :(

Posted

Good evening, been away for a week or so but with the threat of more snow you find yourself back on here! Good luck to all let's hope it stays around longer this time :(

not looked at charts but the BBC graphics show rain Tuesday PM onwards

Posted

Evening lads, what did you two end up with on that friday night? (C.Fallon and Swainclubber), i went to bed but only got about an inch or so more that night, it did turn back to snow but there was no more heavy PPN, imagine another 2 hours of moderate snow occured after midnight.

Doing the honours tommorow night?

Posted

Evening lads, what did you two end up with on that friday night? (C.Fallon and Swainclubber), i went to bed but only got about an inch or so more that night, it did turn back to snow but there was no more heavy PPN, imagine another 2 hours of moderate snow occured after midnight.

I would say just over a foot easy! Shame it wasn't colder it could have lasted more that 48hrs! Not sure what to make of tomorrow but meto have yellow warning for snow out

Edited by cfallon

Posted

a foot here too. enjoyed that evening. same again tomorrow but bed at about twelve due to having work in morning.

Posted

Closest i have been to a foot geographically for a long time then!!, last time i had a foot was a long time ago (the clue is in my username), i have to say i am suprised the difference was that great been as the distances involved, anyway good luck all tommorow.

Posted

NW Tonight forecast was less than inspiring for tomorrow's prospects or was it.

When Eno Equator does it she confuses the hell out of me so although snow was mentioned, the graphics were, patchy to say the least.

Anyway off to bed now so by this time tomorrow things should be a lot clearer.

Posted

Closest i have been to a foot geographically for a long time then!!, last time i had a foot was a long time ago (the clue is in my username), i have to say i am suprised the difference was that great been as the distances involved, anyway good luck all tommorow.

a lot of the night you was reporting lackluster precipitation rates whereas here it was hammering down. was very strange indeed.

Posted

Just a couple of inches short of a foot here at local street level, but I went for a walk into the hills the next day and came across 2ft snow drifts

post-727-0-27714400-1359931411_thumb.jpg

This winter has already delivered for me, so can't grumble.

Posted

a lot of the night you was reporting lackluster precipitation rates whereas here it was hammering down. was very strange indeed.

I now dont know whether it was sleet and only the snowflakes were showing up on the lamposting or whether it was PPN intensity problems, a bit of both would be my guess looking back at it.

Posted

Just a couple of inches short of a foot here at local street level, but I went for a walk into the hills the next day and came across 2ft snow drifts

post-727-0-27714400-1359931411_thumb.jpg

This winter has already delivered for me, so can't grumble.

For me i would say if we get no more snow then average, although still way more snow in total than my any of my last 10 years in the midlands so maybe i have got greedy lately, if we get another decent fall or two then a very good winter, if i had the sort of falls that the last few posters had recently then that would turn it into a stonker, will only look back at the end (and that includes March for the purposes of wanting a pasting!)

Posted

I now dont know whether it was sleet and only the snowflakes were showing up on the lamposting or whether it was PPN intensity problems, a bit of both would be my guess looking back at it.

would appear so. any other snow events on the horizon? not been able to check this weekend.

Posted

would appear so. any other snow events on the horizon? not been able to check this weekend.

Well after the potential for some heavy wintry showers monday into tuesday, the ECM showing good potential, GFS 18z an improvement on the 12z and shows a marginal setup (a bit too far East for my liking but shows some mighty PPN totals if they were wintry in nature, Met office text forecast suggests any battleground setups in the 6-10 day range will be further east though, not sure i have the appetite to push the margins after the last incident!

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

Well after the potential for some heavy wintry showers monday into tuesday, the ECM showing good potential, GFS 18z an improvement on the 12z and shows a marginal setup (a bit too far East for my liking but shows some mighty PPN totals if they were wintry in nature, Met office text forecast suggests any battleground setups in the 6-10 day range will be further east though, not sure i have the appetite to push the margins after the last incident!

ha ha true. cheers mate