Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Quite a bit of IMBY ism around in here. For those who have had plenty of snow i can maybe understand why they would want the seasons to "move on" but for those of us who have had little or none of the white stuff this "watered down" polar westerly or nw'erly may represent the best chance of any decent snow this winter.

Here we will always get showers out of this kind of set up, i am quite sure there will be some snow/hail mixed in during tomorrow morning but looking increasingly likely that by the early afternoon temps will be too high for the lower parts of the "shower" area to be receiving anything other thay a sleety mix. Anyone to the west of the region with a bit of height will do well out of this i'd imagine.

Looking at the showers we've had already this morning it could be a lively 36/48 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

7 degrees here, windy, light rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

One word: evaporative cooling

Actually that's 2 words LOL!!!!

Posted

6 degrees now, so dropping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Howling gales here on the coast with gusts reaching around 60-65mph quite frequently, the mobility outside the house is a bit tricky and one of the neighbours was clinging onto her drainpipe in the gusts so I got her safely back inside!

6.2c here but it feels sub zero in the wind.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Howling gales here on the coast with gusts reaching around 60-65mph quite frequently, the mobility outside the house is a bit tricky and one of the neighbours was clinging onto her drainpipe in the gusts so I got her safely back inside!

6.2c here but it feels sub zero in the wind.

Impressive stuff, are you near the sea? It must be rough out there today!

Posted

What is on the weather agenda tonight for our region .Can anyone fill my lazy self in...pretty please.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Impressive stuff, are you near the sea? It must be rough out there today!

Sure is wild, strongest winds so far this winter in fact. Very close to the coast here with a bit of elevation as well plus the house faces west and today we have severe westerly gales! Love it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good luck with your Liverpool Bay streamer tonight guys!good.gif

Cheers

Tom

Posted

A right storm coming in, driving rain and gusts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Good luck with your Liverpool Bay streamer tonight guys!good.gif

Cheers

Tom

What are the chances of this happening? Is this what happened in 2010?

Posted

Right ,since no one enlightened me about tonight's prospects I got off my skinny bottom and checked the BBC weather and it looks as if there may be a bit of snow on the way for out region, albeit marginal.What are my learned friends thoughts on the matter?

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

The winds are north westerly today and tonight so irish streamers are possible. Last i checked bout 2 hrs ago uppers were -4 so now about -5 to -6. And with strong winds wont take long for the upper temps to filter to ground level. Evap cooling is a possibillity too and streamers are always possible but with these winds and ppn wont last long as it would move quickly

Posted

The winds are north westerly today and tonight so irish streamers are possible. Last i checked bout 2 hrs ago uppers were -4 so now about -5 to -6. And with strong winds wont take long for the upper temps to filter to ground level. Evap cooling is a possibillity too and streamers are always possible but with these winds and ppn wont last long as it would move quickly

Ta for that info mate.Also much ,if any settles ,will melt tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Boring really. For anywhere south of say Manchester, we need precip to set up just off the North Wales coast, so unfortunately for the south of the region it's going to be dry & bright where as places further north and east get plastered. Mainly rain & hail on western coasts turning to snow as the showers move inland. A streamer will probably set up tomorrow morning looking at the NMM, but it's going to be mainly rain as slightly milder air moves in. Snow inland as usual.

As I said yesterday, snow isn't appealing to me anymore, I'm looking forward to blue skies and sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No, the uppers are still -4C, the -6C line is still north west of Scotland...

Posted

Were back up to 7 degrees here