Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Lol 4ft i wish mo has me down for heavy snow overnight

lol 4ft would be nice a 1cm covering welcome too

Posted

Why are there no warnings out from Net Weather for snow or wind come to think about it.

Im guessing theres none for snow as im not going to get any.

Positive thinking matey! You never know, tomorrow morning you might wake up with 6 inches! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Peak gusts so far today, an official gust of 70mph just down the road from here, certainly a wild day for many.

post-9615-0-95570800-1359995364_thumb.gi

Posted

Wow such an intense hail storm here with very heavy winds would live it to turn to snow, even if it does I just can't see it sticking but I'm enjoying this crazy storm sky is black

Posted

Guys chill out and dont be negative im 99% sure it will turn to snow for you guys later... meto wouldnt risk putting an amber out if they wernt confident anyway

agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Can't see much snow falling with temps ranging from 5-8c across the region atm, the strong wind straight off the Irish Sea really isn't going to help matters.

Posted

I remember my area was caught under a shower streamer on the Saturday morning of the 23rd February 2002, we had continuous hail showers with snow and we got a covering of snow and hail and yet to the west towards Warrington and to the east towards Eccles, there was nothing. So I wouldn't rule anything out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

6.4 here down from 7 and 8 another hailstorm with strong gusts, been at it all day and towards the west is the sun behind the cloud lol

Posted

Can't see much snow falling with temps ranging from 5-8c across the region atm, the strong wind straight off the Irish Sea really isn't going to help matters.

Showers are forecast to turn sleety by 9pm...... to snow from midnight! Plenty of time.

Posted

Convective cooling Liam.....

Ideally you'll need to be under an area of more prolonged ppn/showers for evaporative cooling to take place and allow the ZDL to reach the surface, any snow away from higher ground will likely be brief and transient unless you are lucky enough to be under a streamer.

Edited by Liam J