Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Global Warming. What do you expect to see in your lifetime?

Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The undisputed fact that CO2 is a greenhouse gas is enough to convince me that we have an effect...

Posted

The undisputed fact that CO2 is a greenhouse gas is enough to convince me that we have an effect...

I would say its more a case of we have one egg now we need to find the other five.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Lol and what of those false and exaggerated media reports regarding AGW ?

Lol? Are you a bit confused SI?

A few examples, going by Snowyowl9's previous post:

[*]No more snow laying on the ground ever again

[*]Most of the snow in Spring (contradiction?)

[*]Long hot summers and droughts that extend into autumn

[*]No floods in summer

[*]Less thunderstorms

[*]Polar bears almost extinct and almost all northern ice gone by 2010

As Snowyowl9 said, he got this stuff from the media

Posted

I would say its more a case of we have one egg now we need to find the other five.

And, in the mean time, the fossil-fuel lobby exploits the fact the nobody knows everything to create a highly convenient (for them) paralysis?

Posted

This is why some of science prefers to call this phase of AGW 'climate Chaos' or 'global weirding'. The folk who were doing the 'new ice age' or new LIA postings in March were warned that the snow would have to endure for any 'albedo impact' to manifest in the climate but still carried on regardless! We had some deep drifting from the late snow and the recent switch from the cold airmass to a more Atlantic dominated regime saw one 7ft drift melt in a day! Folk need remember that the areas of H.P. that grew deep cold over winter will naturally do an about face once spring heat arrives (and days become longer than nights). Should we find ourselves dragging in easterlies in July will we expect them to be cold? Well if Russia experiences another heatwave all summer I'd expect them not to be!!

I don't see why the least 'qualified' amongst us aren't allowed an opinion just because w've not put the 'effort' into research or what have you.I believe that Europe is in a 'little ice age' and it's not going to get an awful lot better for as long time.What I do object to is the scientific community constantly blurting out theories and them constantly being wrong in regards to the climate.I think humans have an inbuilt ability to be able to know instinctively that the climate is going in a certain direction.Alot more credit should be given to intuition, after all, we don't ask birds why they fly south for the winter, or why wood pigeons sing the same song on different parts of the world do we?Also, more and more people across the globe are doubting global warming exists now, how can something so 'obvious' to science, be so disbelieved by the general populus?

Posted

Considering the whole of the solar system planets have also been going through big dramatic changes last few years,theres not exactly man made influence there.

Also we`re now in solar maximum,the sun has been pretty active but we just had the coldest march on record so how`s that work.

Whatever last post from me today.

A few links of interest.

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=534&c=5

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/04/29/russian-scientists-say-period-of-global-cooling-ahead-due-to-changes-in-the-sun/#more-852

http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_04_22/Cooling-in-the-Arctic-what-to-expect/

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Considering the whole of the solar system planets have also been going through big dramatic changes last few years,theres not exactly man made influence there.

Also we`re now in solar maximum,the sun has been pretty active but we just had the coldest march on record so how`s that work.

A few links of interest.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/04/29/russian-scientists-say-period-of-global-cooling-ahead-due-to-changes-in-the-sun/#more-852

The Earth's atmosphere is completely different to any other planet in our solar system, and the sun has been very very quite for saying we are in the middle of a solar max. It's a mix and blend of natural and human input..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

A few links of interest.

Piers Corbyn and WUWT. It's no wonder your thoughts on climate change are the way they are. You do realise those sites are, while perhaps "interesting", complete nonsense, yeah?

Posted

A few links of interest.

But, what has any of that got to do Planet Earth and manmade CO2

Posted

Lol? Are you a bit confused SI?

A few examples, going by Snowyowl9's previous post:

[*]No more snow laying on the ground ever again

[*]Most of the snow in Spring (contradiction?)

[*]Long hot summers and droughts that extend into autumn

[*]No floods in summer

[*]Less thunderstorms

[*]Polar bears almost extinct and almost all northern ice gone by 2010

As Snowyowl9 said, he got this stuff from the media

No confusion on my behalf, I'm just stating the facts which are the constant exaggeration and false claims made by the climate fraternity. Some much needed realism seems to go amiss in here at times, our climate has warmed and CO2 is a trace gas, this much we know but what about feedbacks and water vapour?

Posted

No confusion on my behalf, I'm just stating the facts which are the constant exaggeration and false claims [...]

So the 'false claims' are also 'the facts'? But, there's 'no confusion'?

Posted

So the 'false claims' are also 'the facts'? But, there's 'no confusion'?

I think you know which false claims I'm referring too.

Posted

No confusion on my behalf, I'm just stating the facts which are the constant exaggeration and false claims made by the climate fraternity. Some much needed realism seems to go amiss in here at times, our climate has warmed and CO2 is a trace gas, this much we know but what about feedbacks and water vapour?

You didn't state any facts. Not that it matters, as every single one of your "facts" so far have been little more misunderstandings.

We've gone through the "trace gas" nonsense before. You can't keep letting your feelings/faith over-ride the obvious mountain of evidence.

Posted

I think you know which false claims I'm referring too.

Well I certainly know that there are some, by I'm sure exactly which ones you are pinpointing...All I can see is that a large number of kg or kmof Arctic sea-ice has melted over recent years...The melt-rate might slow down, then again, it might not; it might even go into reverse? Which possible scenario is 'alarmist'? My education is almost exclusive science-based; it is sceptical by nature. Ergo, I do try to leave politically-motivated reportage to others...

However, one can always be wrong...Ignorance is infinite, after all.Posted Image 

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted

But it's an ostrich egg. We need to diffuse further fertilization.

Posted

As a matter of interest who are the climate fraternity?

Posted

You didn't state any facts. Not that it matters, as every single one of your "facts" so far have been little more misunderstandings. We've gone through the "trace gas" nonsense before. You can't keep letting your feelings/faith over-ride the obvious mountain of evidence.

And yet no one seems to want to address my question on water vapour and feedbacks, those mountains of evidence don't really cut it when it comes to to tricky questions and factual evidence.

Posted

And yet no one seems to want to address my question on water vapour and feedbacks, those mountains of evidence don't really cut it when it comes to to tricky questions and factual evidence.

We've gone through the water vapour feedbacks before, within the last week. But you haven't asked an actual question, all you've said is "what about feedbacks and water vapour?"

Posted

Oh my.

I know who made the environment and he’s coming back and going to burn it all up. So yes, I drive an SUV

I hope there aren't many here who are influenced by that kind of thinking...

Posted

Oh my.

I know who made the environment and he’s coming back and going to burn it all up. So yes, I drive an SUV

I hope there aren't many here who are influenced by that kind of thinking...

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/religion.htm

works both ways

Posted
a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year ofreligion>

(1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
— re·li·gion·less adjective

Posted

Indeed, it can. But that link is far from demonstrating it.

Posted

Indeed, it can. But that link is far from demonstrating it.

nor does yours

please do not hint that people who question agw science as religious nuts

thankyou

Posted

nor does yours

please do not hint that people who question agw science as religious nuts

thankyou

He wasn't doing that at all, JP...

Those 'nutters' don't question anything; they merely dismiss anything and everything that doesn't happen to agree with their own peculiar, facile misrepresentation of Scripture...

Denialism and scepticism are two entirely separate animals...Posted Image 

Posted

problem is abns

thats how it looked

and there is an element of belief on BOTH sides