Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted

Looking at the radar it's still there and not showing much sign of filling in.

Hope it does and rapidly.

We seem to be in a shadow, the Pennines to the East and Peak district hills to the south east preventing any wintry stuff reaching our parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

We seem to be in a shadow, the Pennines to the East and Peak district hills to the south east preventing any wintry stuff reaching our parts.

This is not fair. cray.gif May as well bulldoze them. Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted

Looking at the radar it's still there and not showing much sign of filling in.

Hope it does and rapidly.

If anything it is getting bigger. Get the feeling that precipitation this side of the Pennines is go to die out largely.

It also looks as though it has become static as well. It looked as though the colder air and the reports of snow moving closer to the region have stalled. I would have thought people in parts of Cheshire would have reported wintry stuff now if that trend was continuing but nothing.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Finally, a dewpoint of zero!!!!!!! clapping.gif

Aaaaaaaand the precipitation has all gone.... nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Bloody freezing out there although its 3 degrees, feels much colder, slight breeze and i can see the stars lol, misty ones though with light clouds coming in and fine rain or drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

That's it for me, I'm officially throwing in the towel now.

Lets get Wednesday's downgrade out of the way and then roll on spring.

At least when we get into Summer we can look at the big greenie high and weeks of northern blocking and then say, if only these Synoptics had occurred in winter.

At least the rain is warmer in summer and extra daylight means that less lamp post watching is necessary and let's face, it can't possibly be worse than last summer.....can it.

Posted

That's it for me, I'm officially throwing in the towel now.

Lets get Wednesday's downgrade out of the way and then roll on spring.

At least when we get into Summer we can look at the big greenie high and weeks of northern blocking and then say, if only these Synoptics had occurred in winter.

At least the rain is warmer in summer and extra daylight means that less lamp post watching is necessary and let's face, it can't possibly be worse than last summer.....can it.

We had a summer last year?! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

2.8C with a DP of 0.4C and it's still raining moderately. What a joke!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Im looking forward for wednesday's snow event and possibly rumored tuesday's event.

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

We had a summer last year?! :o

Yes summer is that bit of the year where it's light when you go to bed and light when you get up again.

Occasionally it coincides with a day or so of dry, warm weather although, due to austerity measures these have been removed from all of the north of England for the next few years.

Im looking forward for wednesday's snow event and possibly rumored tuesday's event.

Why, have you got a fetish for downgrades and disappointment.

Posted

Yes summer is that bit of the year where it's light when you go to bed and light when you get up again.

Occasionally it coincides with a day or so of dry, warm weather although, due to austerity measures these have been removed from all of the north of England for the next few years.

Why, have you got a fetish for downgrades and disappointment.

The winter is not over yet and I not giving up just yet. Next cold spell is on first half of March. Im not giving up until end of March. Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

The winter is not over yet and I not giving up just yet.

The winter is not over yet and I not giving up just yet.

To be fair winter has not really got started,very poor IMO

C.S

Posted

The winter is not over yet and I not giving up just yet. Next cold spell is on first half of March. Im not giving up until end of March.

Admire your optimism mate but I want spring sun and warmth in March, not winter attempting

what it's already had three months to get right but failed miserably at throughout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

The Gaps are appearing because the whole system is pivoting,these gaps are starting to fill on the latest

rain today radar,ppn will come back, wether the ppn is rain or snow is open to debate,however as the system

pivits the colder uppers and DP will set in

C.S

Posted

I was out in the fields yesterday with the dogs and I've never noticed the ground so saturated. Places were in danger of becoming swamp like. We had far too much rain last year, and definately need a dry spring, average or below-average rainfall summer to dry things out. Countryfile last week had one farmer having to sell his cows because they fields were so badly soaked becoming boglike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

You remind of the dog that keeps chasing his tail in the hope that he may catch it one day, it's never going to happen

Edited by Spurry