Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

If anything it is getting bigger. Get the feeling that precipitation this side of the Pennines is go to die out largely.

It also looks as though it has become static as well. It looked as though the colder air and the reports of snow moving closer to the region have stalled. I would have thought people in parts of Cheshire would have reported wintry stuff now if that trend was continuing but nothing.

Precipitation turned to icy, sleety rain at 6ish but seems to be dying out all the time now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Admire your optimism mate but I want spring sun and warmth in March, not winter attempting

what it's already had three months to get right but failed miserably at throughout.

I'm ready for the spring now , the mornings and evenings are starting to get lighter , all we need now is the sun and i'll be happy..i'm off to Sweden at the end of june for a wedding , at least i can look forward to 20+ HOURS OF DAYLIGHT,Then it's Spain for 16 days when it will be hot and sunny every day....clapping.gif

Edited by Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I was out in the fields yesterday with the dogs and I've never noticed the ground so saturated. Places were in danger of becoming swamp like. We had far too much rain last year, and definately need a dry spring, average or below-average rainfall summer to dry things out. Countryfile last week had one farmer having to sell his cows because they fields were so badly soaked becoming boglike.

We are due a dry warm summer more than a cold snowy winter.

I can't remember the last time we had a lengthy summer like spell, certainly in this region.

The last one I can remember was June/July 2006 when I spent many a sweltering evening building my garden decking and then a wet August stopped me from using it and I cannot remember anything longer than a few days in any summer since.

Forget the talk of the even larger teapot, to me the modern summer is far more worrying.

Posted

I hope I don't upset everyone but I am just in the middle of reading a book set in the 1940's, it describes in depth the winter of 1947. I knew it was a bad/good winter for snow, never realised how deep the snow really was, according to my book it was up to the downstairs window frames and drifts where far deeper people couldn't get out to buy food, and as it was food couldn't be delivered to the shops anyway, imagine if that happened now.

I could do with losing maybe half a stone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I was out in the fields yesterday with the dogs and I've never noticed the ground so saturated. Places were in danger of becoming swamp like. We had far too much rain last year, and definately need a dry spring, average or below-average rainfall summer to dry things out. Countryfile last week had one farmer having to sell his cows because they fields were so badly soaked becoming boglike.

I've noticed it too, farmers fields round here are constantly under water, their crops are failing, which has a knock on effect in shops etc., feel so sorry for the farming community. My garden has been like a quagmia(sp?) since early last summer. We need really good dry spring/summer to right things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well we have clouds, raining, drizzle....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Well we have clouds, raining, drizzle....

Ditto

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I'm ready for the spring now , the mornings and evenings are starting to get lighter , all we need now is the sun and i'll be happy..i'm off to Sweden at the end of june for a wedding , at least i can look forward to 20+ HOURS OF DAYLIGHT,Then it's Spain for 16 days when it will be hot and sunny every day....clapping.gif

Lucky you, I've got the Dominican Republic to look forward to but not until November so am hoping for at least a few dry and warm weekends between work.

Whether I'll get my wish or not only time will tell.

Posted

To be fair winter has not really got started,very poor IMO

C.S

There seems to be a bit revisionism going on here, we had a fair bit of snow last month I seem to remember, sure much of the cover left by the heavier bursts didn't really last all that long but still it was better than nothing at all i.e last winter.

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted

Dry, cloudy and cold here now.

I need May 31st to be a beautiful dry, warm sunny day, what do you reckon?

Edited by Jan

Nothing happening here now just light sleet just as dew points become 0! Snow fest in the south east, I must have been a bad lad in a previous life!! We just don't deserve this. sad.png

EDIT: Only saving grace is that anything that is falling no matter how light is at least sleet. Highly disappointing though! Looking forward to moving to Canada later on in the year.

Edited by DaveMac82

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

May is normally quite a good month isn't it. Here's hoping our summer will be better than last years !!!!! Still rainy here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Dry, cloudy and cold here now.

I need May 31st to be a beautiful dry, warm sunny day, what do you reckon?

Usually the warmest time of year, infact my hottest day last year on May 30th, in 2010 may 23rd

Posted

Precipitation turned to icy, sleety rain at 6ish but seems to be dying out all the time now

Snow has covered the cars and a few surfaces but ground very wet, PPN generally seems to be weakening.

Posted

Would be nice to visit Canada.................I love Liverpool too much to leave it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

There seems to be a bit revisionism going on here, we had a fair bit of snow last month I seem to remember, sure much of the cover left by the heavier bursts didn't really last all that long but still it was better than nothing at all i.e last winter.

Depends on what floats your boat really,snow that falls and thaws within a couple of hours is a total waste of time imo

take 25th Jan for example 11cm fell here,by the next morning it was but gone,now if we were in a proper cold spell

that would of stuck about for days,as i say all down to what you like,but stick to my previous post,a very poor winter

in terms of snow/frost/cold......SO FAR

C.S

Posted

I feel disappointed too. Yes, it snowed but it ruddy went near enough as soon as it settled and that's the tough bit for me personally, I want lying snow. Basically I want it all!

Posted

The dreaded dry gap around the east of Manchester seems to be getting larger so unless things change it looks like yet another downgrade for much of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Me too !!!!!! It's not worth snowing when it goes the next day !!!