Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

GFS still progging 3 hours of heavy snowfall over Cumbria from 9am on Wednesday morning, I'll wait for the NAE & NMM to come into range as the GFS gets carried with such events.

Posted

I wish I lived in Lapland this morning blum.gif

http://www2.liikennevirasto.fi/alk/english/kelikamerat/kelikamerat_5.html

post-9615-0-97867900-1360570184_thumb.jppost-9615-0-80921500-1360570193_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
see the top picture . I was there 3 weeks ago and that was my 3rd year there . It was mint

Posted

see the top picture . I was there 3 weeks ago and that was my 3rd year there . It was mint

WOW I wouldn't want to come home! Looks amazing and all that snow, it's like a dream come true for most of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

I have lived in penrith 25 years an have never known cumbria do so poor for snow compared to the rest of the country. It comes to something when central London has more snow than penrith and the chilterns more snow than Alston!

I guess it's just one of those weather anomalies that pop up from time to time but its annoying, my relatives live near birmingham and they have had 5 snowfall in the last four weeks of over 5 cms, not bad I say.

The main reason for this poor snow here is that winds have been a slack easterly which has no deep cold, this has enhanced th Pennines snow shield leaving much of cumbria dry, we do get snow on easterly winds as we did in 2010 but they need to be proper cold winds not the wet farts coming off the continent like this year.

Glad winter is almost over now and I can concentrate on something else and not have to look at snowy photos from Londoners!

Andy

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Woke up to some flurries, now light snow, settling but melting after a while as it's not heavy enough. Pretty though!

Posted

Well there goes another week of winter, and here i am again reading posts of how its snowing in other parts of the NW again, whilst i look out over green fields and sweet fa in this part of the NW.

Slight covering on some of the hills to the east this morning, looking at the clouds it could still have been snowing up there as well.

Ho hum, grumble, moan complain and all that.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Oh we'll non event here but Wednesday although it may not last more than that day looks like we could be looking at some real heavy snowfall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Dam it can the met office downgrade every opportunity for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Oh we'll non event here but Wednesday although it may not last more than that day looks like we could be looking at some real heavy snowfall

I hope so!!!

Posted

I hope so!!!

i thought wed was a no show according to some posts on here

Posted

O god no!!!!!! There's been enough no snow in his backyard post to last a life time! spam rofl.gif

you skating on thin ice my freind....which ia more than i can do with my green fields

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

You know, I find myself changing into spring mode early this year! Don't think we'll get much more snow this winter. Maybe some in spring who knows.

Posted

Hmmmmmm

You are subscribed to North West England for Met Office.

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England : Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester & Blackburn with Darwen valid from 0600 Wed 13 Feb to 1800 Wed 13 Feb

Posted

Hmmmmmm

You are subscribed to North West England for Met Office.

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England

Yellow Alert of Snow for North West England : Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester & Blackburn with Darwen valid from 0600 Wed 13 Feb to 1800 Wed 13 Feb

i have just had a look at the yellow warnings but it doesnt seem to cover all the North West??

Posted

i have just had a look at the yellow warnings but it doesnt seem to cover all the North West??

Not at this stage but as seen this weekend there could be upgrades Or downgrades, up in the air yet again