Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

5 degrees here sunny and cloudy at the same time! Quite a pleasant day....it was snowing quite a bit last night but i dont know how long that lasted as i went to bed around midnight and it was still snowing then, big flakes but not sticking, was disappointed to wake to absolutely nothing and quite a mild day lol with nothing on the radar at all..... I knew i should have ignored all the forecasts meto and that as it never happens! Always a nowcast out of the blue for us, infact the more snow it forecasts the less likely we see a flake, called opposites lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

If the current GFS comes off we'll just be perpetuating the dominant pattern of the last 5 or 6 years. Early spring warmth. Stuck in a rut well and truly with that. Oh what I wouldn't give for a snowy March then some decent April convection!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

According to the forecast wednesday so called event is a very quick snow event followed by haevy rain

as an IMBY prospective i am not in the warning zone,and for the first time i am not bothered one bit.

C.S,

Posted

Not sure about wednesday, but you never know - we did well out of the last cold-to-mild breakdown. Not my favourite setup though because it quickly turns to slush/melt snow, so you have to be quick to enjoy what you have while it lasts. I'm ready for spring too. If we're not going to get any snow, then I don't mind a cracking start to spring and the last I think two out of three Easters have been pretty glorious to be honest. Easily better than the summer that followed.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

According to the forecast wednesday so called event is a very quick snow event followed by haevy rain

as an IMBY prospective i am not in the warning zone,and for the first time i am not bothered one bit.

C.S,

Just as well, I doubt you'll even see snow Wednesday..... Very much a transient event for everyone east and North of Manchester...... Do not be surprised to see the snow risk moved north!

Posted

Yes snow to rain event Wed...or rain to heavy rain for us smile.png

Speak for yourself. I have every reason to expect COLD rain to rain for this part of the NW.

Sparkle - i have now lost count of the number of times you have had snow this winter when its been nothing other than rain/sleet here. Really goes again to show how much as little as 5/10 miles can influence what the weather does. You are even further west than i am !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just as well, I doubt you'll even see snow Wednesday..... Very much a transient event for everyone east and North of Manchester...... Do not be surprised to see the snow risk moved north!

LOL

Dont want to see snow on Wednesday,the snow now followed by rapid thaw,have run there course this winter

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Mum informs me there was a covering of snow here this morning. I was in bed though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Mum informs me there was a covering of snow here this morning. I was in bed though.

Prob to say get out of yer pit!! lol

Posted

Prob to say get out of yer pit!! lol

Haha, I thought that myself, but then I checked the radar and it confirmed. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Haha, I thought that myself, but then I checked the radar and it confirmed. blum.gif

I used to say that to my son to get him out of bed and laugh about it in work and the guy I worked with did it to me cos I didn't sit by a window. I never did it to my son again!! lol

Posted

I used to say that to my son to get him out of bed and laugh about it in work and the guy I worked with did it to me cos I didn't sit by a window. I never did it to my son again!! lol

It still works with me.. haha!

Posted

Well just been out on the school walk and its getting colder brrrrrr

I miss my snowman :(

Posted

So bored nobody talks when theres no snow available...come summer we will be totally blanking each other :)

Posted

Just off for a nosey in the snowfest threads

We could talk about that big fat Greenland high that will sit there from May to September.

Edit; I meant to quote your other post!

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted

We could talk about that big fat Greenland high that will sit there from May to September.

Edit; I meant to quote your other post!

haha...their all banging on about their snow...;)

And something about some precip later tonight into tomorrow what are your thoughts??

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

That's strange weather pro app is showing snow after midnight for my location until 5-6 in the morning don't know where that has come from

Posted

That's strange weather pro app is showing snow after midnight for my location until 5-6 in the morning don't know where that has come from

that wouls be nice but theres nowt in the forcast but as i was saying in my last post somebody else mentioned it in another thread?