Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

It looks and feels snowy out there, cold too, my partners just told me is was snowing all night last night but didnt stick at all.

Posted

Im ccccold brrrr

And ive got pink and blue sky kinda reminds me of those pink and blue fizzy cola bottles lol

It looks and feels snowy out there, cold too, my partners just told me is was snowing all night last night but didnt stick at all.

i bet hes tired today then...i bet hes a secret fan lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

snowy looking sky.nothing on radar however.

Posted

Strange how the temperature is only a couple degrees lower than yesterday and yet feels 20 degrees colder! Certainly a different feel to the weather. Alas now at the point were it could easily snow, we have no precipation about.

Posted

Strange how the temperature is only a couple degrees lower than yesterday and yet feels 20 degrees colder! Certainly a different feel to the weather. Alas now at the point were it could easily snow, we have no precipation about.

sods law

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I was disappointed this morning. Atleast I been watching snow coming down last night to make the most of it.smile.png I dont think It be snow again until 2-3 weeks later. I think there is just one more cold spell to fit the gap and then onto spring, maybe a odd storm or two to cheer me up. smile.png

I did see an odd tangent arc. I dont know what that means though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_tangent_arc

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted

Im ccccold brrrr

And ive got pink and blue sky kinda reminds me of those pink and blue fizzy cola bottles lol

i bet hes tired today then...i bet hes a secret fan lol

Lol i wish! No he hates snow and hes up everynight as he does the nightshift caring for our disabled son :)

Posted

Lol i wish! No he hates snow and hes up everynight as he does the nightshift caring for our disabled son :)

oh i didnt realise so he would of been laughing lastnight when it wasnt sticking lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Daily Mirror says today going to be 2 and half inches to fall over cumbria this evening.Plus it says the only areas escape snow is west wales and south west england. What a joke.

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Interesting from met office This Evening and Tonight:

Many areas dry and becoming frosty overnight as temperatures fall under clear skies. Cloudier conditions are likely to prevail south of Manchester, with occasional light snow flurries possible here and perhaps over the Pennines. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

Tuesday:

Any light sleet or snow in the south should clear to leave the region dry by afternoon, with sunny spells more likely later. Cold with light winds. Widespread frost overnight. Maximum temperature 4 °C.

Updated: 1517 on Mon 11 Feb 2013

So just maybe weatherpro app is correct

Posted

Interesting from met office This Evening and Tonight:

Many areas dry and becoming frosty overnight as temperatures fall under clear skies. Cloudier conditions are likely to prevail south of Manchester, with occasional light snow flurries possible here and perhaps over the Pennines. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

Tuesday:

Any light sleet or snow in the south should clear to leave the region dry by afternoon, with sunny spells more likely later. Cold with light winds. Widespread frost overnight. Maximum temperature 4 °C.

Updated: 1517 on Mon 11 Feb 2013

So just maybe weatherpro app is correct

certainly looks snowy in the sky

Posted

Looks like met updating warnings as they are down at the moment

Posted

Think they've just ceased to exist the warnings that is.

sounds more likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Nice FI from the ECM tonight,that would certainly feel like winter,some nice frosty nights and cold days

better than any cold spell so far this winter

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Well today marks 28 days of consecutive snow cover here on the South Pennine hills, it all started 4 weeks today when the morning of 14th January 2013 brought snow over here, it has lasted ever since on the moors, primarily supplied from a heavy fall overnight on 20th January, and is still here today in patches (and of course yesterday's fall has provided them with a nice pretty new covering, very thin but patches from January still thick).

Hopefully will stick around until Thursday for the full 31 days.

That's the fourth winter in five in which my part of the Pennines has seen a months + of snow cover/patches, is it becoming a normality?

Edited by SnowySouthPennines

Posted

Well today marks 28 days of consecutive snow cover here on the South Pennine hills, it all started 4 weeks today when the morning of 14th January 2013 brought snow over here, it has lasted ever since on the moors, primarily supplied from a heavy fall overnight on 20th January, and is still here today in patches (and of course yesterday's fall has provided them with a nice pretty new covering, very thin but patches from January still thick).

Hopefully will stick around until Thursday for the full 31 days.

That's the fourth winter in five in which my part of the Pennines has seen a months + of snow cover/patches, is it becoming a normality?

would be nice if so. had a reasonable amount of lying snow days myself.

Posted

2 degrees and no ppn...grrrr! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

would be nice if so. had a reasonable amount of lying snow days myself.

Yes it's been a decent winter for lying snow, perhaps not that decent compared to 2008-2011 but still nothing that was seen in some of the winters in the 90's and 00's.

Having said all that I'm really not sure how I rate it in terms of being a good, bad or average winter ... I think I might go for average or slightly above average in terms of lying snow. Certainly not a bad Winter by any means. (oh and by the way I'm not talking about the moors anymore I'm talking about below 250m) :p

And of course it isn't all over yet, perhaps, judging by tonight's ECM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Granada forecast made nothing much of Wednesday's snow chances for our region but then Diane Oxberry decided to have a ramp about the prospects on the BBC version.

Personally I get uneasy when she starts getting excited about snow as she is well known for being a mild lover but she did indicate a chance of snow snow on Wednesday although then covered her back by saying that timings could change.

TBH. I expect a downgrade with the mild air mixing out out the cold much sooner with the result that we end up with a quick sleet to rain transitional period while those to the east of the Pennines get a more lengthy spell of snow although even that will turn to rain later.

Anything more than this will be a surprise to me.

Posted

Yes it's been a decent winter for lying snow, perhaps not that decent compared to 2008-2011 but still nothing that was seen in some of the winters in the 90's and 00's.

Having said all that I'm really not sure how I rate it in terms of being a good, bad or average winter ... I think I might go for average or slightly above average in terms of lying snow. Certainly not a bad Winter by any means. (oh and by the way I'm not talking about the moors anymore I'm talking about below 250m) :p

And of course it isn't all over yet, perhaps, judging by tonight's ECM.

yeah it's been half decent. been plenty of potential and plenty of let downs but not bad all in all.

Posted

Yes 2c here anyone got current radar??

Here you go

post-16288-0-71659200-1360611713_thumb.j