Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Next? I'm still waiting for the first one! Although I know some folk did find the -0.1c last night shockingly cold for February

It's why the 'snow' has been so disappointing down here: always too warm and falling on ground that still holds last summer's warmth (and, indeed, last summer's rain!). "Snow before a frost t'will soon be lost; snow on hardened land's want you need to make it stand".

LOL,,Holds last Summers warmth, I must have blinked last summer then!! In seriousness snow is certainly coming back over the last six winters, ok medieocre temps for Winter so far basically due to cloud cover, but certainly a trend in our winters just like our cooler wetter summers...!acute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Next? I'm still waiting for the first one! Although I know some folk did find the -0.1c last night shockingly cold for February

It's why the 'snow' has been so disappointing down here: always too warm and falling on ground that still holds last summer's warmth (and, indeed, last summer's rain!). "Snow before a frost t'will soon be lost; snow on hardened land's want you need to make it stand".

Still waiting for some snow to settle here as well, just a few patches on the grass. apparently its due to the power station at Ratcliffe.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow has now stopped here, not mesured as just made it back from work after ditching the car and walking 1 half mile.. but a guess around 9cm of fresh giving me roughly 15cm level snow, the strong winds are starting course drifting now up to 30ish cm, much bigger on the tops though.

Posted

Total of 1mm of precipitation here today - so even if it had all been snow and every single flake had settled I'd only have had ~1cm of snow cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

0.1C now with a slow thaw, did snow most of the day, but little really settled, 2cms max, but certain surfaces not even a smattering

Posted

Good to see heavy snow falling today..didn't add much to the accumulation but that doesn't matter when the cold weather is on the way out.

Quite satisfied with the past 3 days all in all.

I would like some sunshine next please...doesn't have to be mild...just some blue skies if someone could sort that out for me!

Thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I have just got home after a 2 hour journey from near Sutton to Belper. I would say between 3 and 5cm of snow, but the roads were terrible. Even the main routes were icy but the minor routes.... well lets say i nearly slid into a wall :(

A very scary, but secretly i enjoyed it, drive home.

Its already starting to thaw now though and i don't think there will be much if any left by morning,

Posted

http://www.meteociel...M1-192.GIF?13-0

Mild southwesterlys setting in on the ecm. tease.gif

Yes, i can see temperatures approaching 20c if that was to happen lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

9.5cm of fresh snow today and a mean depth now of 17cm. A good deal of drifting in exposed areas in a S wind gusting to 43 mph. The snow stopped around 1700 and was replaced by freezing drizzle and rain which has put a crust of ice on the surface of the snow and stopped the drifting

Posted

ECM1-216.GIF?13-0

By 216 the bbqs will be out...

Unless I'm reading these charts all wrong. :p

In which case it would be ice days and lots and lots of snow!!!!

Shame its not +24

Posted

9.5cm of fresh snow today and a mean depth now of 17cm. A good deal of drifting in exposed areas in a S wind gusting to 43 mph. The snow stopped around 1700 and was replaced by freezing drizzle and rain which has put a crust of ice on the surface of the snow and stopped the drifting

what its like to be at a half decent elevation, these 'wet farts' as pete tattum puts it, dosent really do much here, this winter been fairly snowy but no cold uppers, only briefly -10 uppers I think on morning of 05th Feb for 2 hours

Posted

Despite temps of 3c the thaw is fairly slow, I suspect it will rapidly pick up though when the rain arrives.

ECM is great stuff but part of me wants the GFS mild weather and sunshine, cos god knows we need it while we can, we all know what happens come what May, cloud cloud cloud :lol:

Posted

A very scary, but secretly i enjoyed it, drive home.

You're on your own there I'm afraid, Supacell. As much as I love the white stuff, I find driving in it absolutely draining - very stressful.

It'll feel quite odd to finally see Mr Sunshine over the next few days, hardly seen it at all the past few weeks.

Bish

Posted

shouldn't be much if any rain after tomorrow, what a relief, that dosent happen often, may not even see a drop of rain after tomorrows cheshire gap afternoon rain, for rest of feb

Posted

Turned out to be quite an event (well better than expected) in Nottingham a good 4 centimeters even in areas near the city....rush hour was just a nightmare though.

Show me the sun now please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yesterday i posted that this time of year the chance of deep deep cold is less more likley

so when it comes to snow take it when you can because some were having a dig that unless

they were getting a few cm's and cold they wer'nt interested,

well looking at the 12z ecm + ukmo this evening for next week i take it all back hope it comes off.

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

You're on your own there I'm afraid, Supacell. As much as I love the white stuff, I find driving in it absolutely draining - very stressful.

It is nerve wracking, but i guess just as some like extreme sports i like facing hazardous and dangerous weather. I need to get to the US and chase me some tornadoes :)