Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

What does a negative NAO mean anyway, I've heard I think somewhere that it's a blocked senario. Is that right?

hi alexis

correct

it also will either weaken the jet or make it go a long way south

should make for some interesting charts over the next few days

while hopefully watching our snowfall drinks.gif

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

heres a selection of ramp charts

ECH0-240.GIF?20-0

gensnh-0-1-300.png?12

gensnh-3-1-312.png?12

gensnh-6-1-300.png?12

gensnh-2-1-288.png?18

theres a few tonight clapping.gif

John one out of five are ramp charts (Bottom). The others will only produce hp over us a cool and sunny spell.

Let's see what the rest of the week & weekend holds for us. We have the temps & DP'S on our side we only need the convection.

Edited by london-snow

Posted

John one out of four are ramp charts (Bottom). The others will only produce hp over us a cool and sunny spell.

Let's see what the rest of the week & weekend holds for us. We have the temps & DP'S on our side we only need the convection.

hi london

they were the 12z when posted

changed to 18z now

check my ramp charts above for 18 z ramp charts

Posted

hi london

they were the 12z when posted

changed to 18z now

check my ramp charts above for 18 z ramp charts

I like the way he calls me London (If anyone remembers auf widershen pet you will understand).

Pub run is good and a better improvement on the 12z Mr Pike let's hope it remains that way however before their is some interest for this week & into the weekend.

Radars at the ready!

Posted

I like the way he calls me London (If anyone remembers auf widershen pet you will understand).

Pub run is good and a better improvement on the 12z Mr Pike let's hope it remains that way however before their is some interest for this week & into the weekend.

Radars at the ready!

hi london rofl.gif

plenty of interest from tomorrow on

just watched the weather on bbc and said

potential for heavy snow on saturday but did not say where rofl.gif

i am sure we will see snow

not sure how much

glad we are not paid to do this drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Looking through the models/fax charts with rather increasing excitement! The cold is now setting in from the east, everything snow from now on. I have map a small snow warning map for our area (approx), the map is correct on where the snow is expected to be and the risk level but i have upgraded in advance to the areas i expect the heavier snow to develop, this is based on my experience of these situations, so although at this stage a light covering is possible across Kent/Essex/parts of London/Surrey(east most likely/Sussex(east most likely)there is the risk that larger falls of snow do develop, this is most likely Thursday night and Friday. These snow showers moving in from the North sea. Some areas are in for a lot of persistent snow showers or streamers. What about a Thames Streamer? depending on the angle of the wind fields and how much convection gets going over the Estuary, ENE/E flow would bring these snow shws toward the west of the area, the Kent streamer most likely though.

The weekend i will let you know my thoughts nearer the time, all i can say now is 3 main snow events between now and Monday are possible.

Map below:

post-11361-0-61605300-1361410395_thumb.g

(very low file size map.)

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

What does a negative NAO mean anyway, I've heard I think somewhere that it's a blocked senario. Is that right?

hi alexi

sorry should have popped these on here

hope these help

naominus.jpg

modes.jpg

smile.png

Posted

hi london rofl.gif

plenty of interest from tomorrow on

just watched the weather on bbc and said

potential for heavy snow on saturday but did not say where rofl.gif

i am sure we will see snow

not sure how much

glad we are not paid to do this drinks.gif

Even if we both did get paid I feel we would both fair better than them dopes at the bbc.

We will see john what happens with this weekend but im working west of london so let's hope whatever happens spreads west.

By the way mate my sincere condolences to your father & may you find some grievance by continuing to chat on this forum which is close to your heart.

All the best.

L~S

Posted

Even if we both did get paid I feel we would both fair better than them dopes at the bbc.

We will see john what happens with this weekend but im working west of london so let's hope whatever happens spreads west.

By the way mate my sincere condolences to your father & may you find some grievance by continuing to chat on this forum which is close to your heart.

All the best.

L~S

hi london snow

thankyou for your kind words

it is appreciated and talking here really has helped smile.png

fingers crossed for you while working west

time for my bed goodnight mate and all lazy.gif

why do i have a feeling a few late nights coming up laugh.png

Posted

hi london snow

thankyou for your kind words

it is appreciated and talking here really has helped smile.png

fingers crossed for you while working west

time for my bed goodnight mate and all lazy.gif

why do i have a feeling a few late nights coming up laugh.png

Cheers John & all the very best.

Don't know about late nights though as i am on 4am early starts so will be cream crackered come evening lol.

Night mate & all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

You have no chance, outside of Alaska, and a couple of towns in Siberia, Croydon is well known as being the snowiest place in the world

post-11361-0-64550400-1361412847_thumb.j

image editing by ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

I see your watershed starts after midnight blum.gif

When the other SE crew wake up in a few hours time, they will say WOW biggrin.png

that last one....-18C cold not that far into France etc...must go to work now acute.gif Edited by blackprince

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Wow

Posted

Posted 21 minutes ago

UK4 indicative of circa 10cm snow parts of Kent by end of Friday but this is almost certainly overestimated: 3-6cm more likely. The backing flow into Friday means we will see 2 or 3 discrete shower bands: one through Lincs; another through Thames Estuary to S parts of London; and a third probable into E Kent. Meanwhile, the Channel shower stream focussed into Dartmoor/S Devon/SE Cornwall remains a very consistent feature through Friday.

1-2cm accumulations fairly commonplace under any such convergence areas through Friday, with scope for 3-6 as previously mentioned. However, given lateness in the season, there's likely to be a marked diurnal bias governing longevity of settling: i.e. generally only from late afternoon to mid-morning at low levels wherever amounts of snow are 3cm or less (the majority).

Edited by fergieweather, 21 minutes ago.

Copied from the mod thread. That should put a smile on your Kentish dials. Rather nippy this am. Have a great day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

The snow potential from Ian F is upgrading all the time, couple of days ago nothing, then flurries, then 1-2cm now up to 10cm with 3-6 widespread

Given the fact Ian F is talking up the snow levels with each update I think he will upgrade the totals again too

He also said there will be a S London Thames streamer which will be good for Croydon, Epsom Downs, Banstead, north downs like Woldingham etc for deep snow potential

Good times ahead

Posted

Out with the dog now and we have snow grains on the wind. It would take until Christmas to get a dusting

Posted

Morning all!

Starting to get light now by the time I get to work and it's quite uplifting TBH.

Bone dry out there and 1°C widely across Sussex this morning. Here are the temps and dewpoints to check while I go and see what the current thoughts and charts have for us this weekend:

Rdtlmett.gif

Rdtlmetd.gif

Posted

The snow potential from Ian F is upgrading all the time, couple of days ago nothing, then flurries, then 1-2cm now up to 10cm with 3-6 widespread

Given the fact Ian F is talking up the snow levels with each update I think he will upgrade the totals again too

He also said there will be a S London Thames streamer which will be good for Croydon, Epsom Downs, Banstead, north downs like Woldingham etc for deep snow potential

Good times ahead

unbelievable.. looks like i might have to put my sock in my mouth if this does come off!! creds to you if this does!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Defo, a bitter feel out there...Only the odd bit of graupel in the wind...

Posted

Interesting bit of graupel this morning at Bromley saaf station quite a lot of it hitting me in the face.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Defo, a bitter feel out there...Only the odd bit of graupel in the wind...

060858Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_WINDCHILL_SFC_24_00Z.png

Brrrrrrrrrrr. -10c windchill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Coming along nicely now. Bitter wind in gillingham. Overcast but nothing in the wind yet