Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

Link to the previous one….

http://forum.netweat...s/page__st__760

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Lovely sunny day here, so far. Temperature -1C when I set off for work (later than normal today...) and 0C when I arrived 15 minutes ago.

Posted

Morning Peeps

According to the mod thread all we can expect is light grainy snow....nothing significant either! I can't see that tbh. They are saying it is the wrong type of cloud,,,Thought it was the wrong type of snow? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

This video explains more about how the Met Office use satellites for weather forecasting....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Morning Peeps

According to the mod thread all we can expect is light grainy snow....nothing significant either! I can't see that tbh. They are saying it is the wrong type of cloud,,,Thought it was the wrong type of snow? lol

ANY type of snow is the wrong type of snow surely????

wink.png

Posted

Morning Peeps

how boring... not worth having this cold spell if its just light grainy stuff!!.. anyway everybody in mod thread (bar a few cold lovers) are more interested in the warmer spring like weather afterwards.. makes sense i suppose.. stronger sunshine and longer daylight hours becoming more of a feature now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Snow can go on till April, I even saw a cricket match where snow stopped play in May so I don't think March arriving means the end of winter by any means

Things don't look as promising as yesterday for disruptive snow but Ian F dropped hints last night that snow might be heavier than initially thought so there is hope not to mention possible events at the weekend that are not yet on the models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

This event is VERY regional.

The mod thread is people from all over the place, stick in here, listen to JP and Coast and we can get a better picture as the runs come out today.

Posted

To be honest, it'll be nice to see some more snow for the last time before Spring arrives! I'm not bothered if it doesn't settle as for me it's been a pretty good winter. Seen more snow falling and laying than the last two winters put together!

Posted

Will it even be worthy of the word, 'event'?

Who knows?

But the fact that we have the cold about to get in place we are half way there & add to that there is no point in talking ppn amounts as we are still a few days away from the event itself setting up shop. Things can & will change for better or worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

I'm in the midst of enjoying an 'event', it's called 'getting a tan'!! Honestly, sitting here on the patio, the heat from the sun is really something. The kids are starting to prowl like lions, waiting for breakfast, but I'm refusing to go in and waste any of this sunshine. I might sling a steak in there just to keep them quiet.

Seriously though (its a horse meat burger), the British weather is incredible, to go from this today to Arctic by the end of the week, it's no wonder we're all fascinated by it.

I think I'd better grab some sunscreen..... before its back to gloves and scarves!

Posted

Anyway a great start to tuesday here in sw london. Very similar to yesterday a cold frosty morning but a sunny one.

Don't know how the west of the region faired with the fog that was supposed to cause disruption to the airport this morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm in the midst of enjoying an 'event', it's called 'getting a tan'!! Honestly, sitting here on the patio, the heat from the sun is really something. The kids are starting to prowl like lions, waiting for breakfast, but I'm refusing to go in and waste any of this sunshine. I might sling a steak in there just to keep them quiet.

Seriously though (its a horse meat burger), the British weather is incredible, to go from this today to Arctic by the end of the week, it's no wonder we're all fascinated by it.

I think I'd better grab some sunscreen..... before its back to gloves and scarves!

Well, I think I'd rather like another March like last year's...Then again, I'd be happy with a straight Southerly, or a straight Northerly; anticyclonic gloom, would make me considerably less happy!

Thank the forces-of-Nature that no-one yet knows!biggrin.png

Posted

Well, I think I'd rather like another March like last year's...Then again, I'd be happy with a straight Southerly, or a straight Northerly; anticyclonic gloom, would make me considerably less happy!

Thank the forces-of-Nature that no-one yet knows!biggrin.png

Yeah i would love a warm march like last year.. but it all went pear shaped after that and didnt it do the same in april the previous year?? was nice and warm easter etc then a wash out summer, so id like our usual march and april weather followed by a crazy hot/thundery summer. Edited by nanu

Posted

It is great to have the kids off at half term with the sun shining?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wasn't this nice, last week when we were on 1/2 term lol

Sun now shining down on a 5th consecutive day, hasn't been this nice since last summer :p

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

06 run

very cold

21st-25th

wheres that big warm blip goingfrom the 26th

from the 1st onwards there is a huge scatter

note ians post on mod thread

EC agrees with UKMO-GM re sharper trough Saturday; some dynamic snow across C-E parts of England; mostly inconsequential amounts but perhaps local impacts based on current UK4 accumulations. That aside, broader story still consistent re light flurries on other days through to early next week with anticyclonic influence and waning easterly (with markedly dry signal in ensembles) remaining until end of Feb. Cyclonic and less cold story early March, albeit northerly flow in some solutions means cautionary approach re any promise of 'milder'.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. It's lovely and sunny here in Naaaaaaarich and it feels quite mild. Earlier, there was a beautiful mackrel sky and I watched it for ages. And the landscape (such as my view from bedrm window is) was stood out in stark silhouette and all the colours were muted; except where the sun was shining on the roof tops which were tinged with pale gold. There was also a soft hazey feel to it all as well. Very striking. :) I was going to take a photo but it just wouldn't have done it justice.

Hope you're all having a good day. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I can assure you, as i am working from home, it isnt help.gif

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Hello my name is Starstream and I am a *coldie *

But today.......the sunshine is making me hanker for being able to hang washing on the line,open windows and enjoy the vitamin D boost.

It seems so long ago since the sun gave us more than a quick flash before rain clouds obscured everything.......

I hope we all get what we wish for,

But gotta say I wouldn't mind if this cold blast is the beginning of a good dry year,where we see a bit more of that big yellow ball in the sky.

Posted

Afternoon all from glorious Henley On Thames!

The sun is really beaming down and all that's missing is a Pimms by the Thames. Happy days drinks.gif

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17657-henley-on-thames-2/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17656-henley-on-thames-1/