Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all from glorious Henley On Thames!

The sun is really beaming down and all that's missing is a Pimms by the Thames. Happy days drinks.gif

Which car did you take?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

From something I picked up on the model thread last night.

Here is an archive chart from late January 1947. If you step forward, through the month of February, you can see a persistant Greenland high, with very frequent easterly winds and undercutting low pressures. A snow lovers paradise!biggrin.png I can but dream...sad.png

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/archives/archives.php?day=29&month=1&year=1947&hour=0&map=0&mode=0

Posted

Love your pics Coast, makes me wish I was there.

And also liking your pics John, very pretty. :) Hope you are doing okay buddy. I hope a bit of sunshine is helping to lift the spirits a little.

Had a lovely morning out with the family and ended up buying a new bed. :D Now settled in lounge with cat and dog vying for the sunshine spot. :)

I don't mind another chilly spell before the month is out. But come March I am going to be wanting my spring. Spring starts in March and for once I would like the seasons to play ball. :D

Posted

Which car did you take?

The estate, which I'm regretting in this sun now!

Posted

Am about to give the garden its first haircut of the year, surprisingly dry out there and primed for a cut, makes the snow nicer if any falls this weekend, even the dusting should look nice good.gif

Still sticking with what I forecast yesterday and that of depressing stratocumulus greay skies with snow grains and maybe a little more in the way of light snow on Sat/Sun, and then High Pressure becoming dominant as we move towards March with some southerly winds making it feel springlike.

Enjoy today as once that wind goes to the east expect grey and depressing for the end of the week! Boooooo

Posted

Afternoon all,

A wonderful day here with clear blue sky, currently 7.2C, after a sharp frost this morning with a minimum of -4.8C. Certainly noticing daffodils, tulips and crocuses beginning to shoot up through the ground. Sadly the last day of this nice spell of weather with a much cloudier continental flow taking hold by tomorrow.

A cold few days to come from tomorrow onwards, with temperatures struggling, maximums of 2-3C for many and much cloudier of late so I don't think there will be much difference between the daytime maximums and night minima. Certainly the risk of some light snow come the weekend though nothing too substiantial from the models (at the moment), Kent still best placed to see snow this weekend.

Does seem to be a trend from the models for HP to build at the start of next week, for example ECM ensemble mean at T+168 shows this quite well:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Reem1681.gif

NAEFS at T+168 has a large height anomaly to the north of the UK:

http://176.31.229.22...-0-0-168.png?12

So maybe a return of the conditions we are currently experiencing next week.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Further to my previous post:

London GFS 06z ensembles, the lack of precipitation spikes along the bottom for the next 10 days or so signalling a period of welcomed dry weather:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

Posted

ukmo uppers 21st

UW60-7.GIF?19-06

22nd

UW72-7.GIF?19-06

shows dry at present

UW60-594.GIF?19-06

UW72-594.GIF?19-06

very cold through thursday onwards cold.gif

hi chilly getting there slowly

thankyou

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

If we don't get any 'dynamic snow' (phrase from the mad thread) very soon I'll have the sun charged with Murder sorry.gif

post-884-0-77960600-1361279458_thumb.jpgpost-884-0-17365900-1361279496_thumb.jpg

Posted

Further to my previous post:

London GFS 06z ensembles, the lack of precipitation spikes along the bottom for the next 10 days or so signalling a period of welcomed dry weather:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

Ben ensembles are pants if you're looking for shower activity or streamers to come from the e/ne.

They are only half decent at predicting snowfall that normally comes from a breakdown type situation or where frontal systems bump into the cold air in place.

Stick to the radar come thursday onwards I'd suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Summer 2013 Forecast

posted December 26, 2012 / No Comments

With 2013 just around the corner and many asking the question “Will summer 2013 be a warm one†we have decided to look at the long range forecasting models to see what they show.

Of course its difficult enough to predict the weather outside of 7 days, so 6-7 months out is pure guess work, but with the long range models (CFS) it gives us a brief insight with long range weather patterns.

The latest models suggest June will be a rather wet month with heavy showers and rather mild temperatures, continuing throughout the month.

July and August looks set to be a scorcher with temperatures reaching the high twenties quite widely, with highs of 30-32c across the South East of the UK.

We will continue to post summer 2013 updates throughout the coming year.

Stay up to date by liking our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/ukweatherforecast

Crikey here we go. Thats another wash out summer on the way then, All we need now is March and April to be well above average temps and that will really confirm it.

Got to admit very much love us all to have long hot Summer this year, Infact even if it was mainlyJuly and August that could be warm and sunny that would be a real bonus.

Keep the top post's going JP.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

060335Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_72_00Z.png

Well lows to the west, High on top of us,and plenty of snow in Germany,Holland etc. France Dry as well only the Border between Italy and France showing ppn (Mountains) i guess. Mind you it will be bitter and quite Windy come Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Just had a real good look at the 06Z.

Snow risk on the whole seems lower for the coming days for us in Kent however the indications are stronger (some at 100%!) for the time it will be falling!

uksnowrisk.png

Posted

Ben ensembles are pants if you're looking for shower activity or streamers to come from the e/ne.

They are only half decent at predicting snowfall that normally comes from a breakdown type situation or where frontal systems bump into the cold air in place.

Stick to the radar come thursday onwards I'd suggest.

Oh yes I agree with that, my point was linked with my previous post that we're entering a dry period of weather, with HP likely to build at the start of next week following the E/NE'ly in the second half of this week which like you say could possibly be conducive for a streamer set-up. Sorry for any confusion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Am about to give the garden its first haircut of the year, surprisingly dry out there and primed for a cut, makes the snow nicer if any falls this weekend, even the dusting should look nice good.gif

Still sticking with what I forecast yesterday and that of depressing stratocumulus greay skies with snow grains and maybe a little more in the way of light snow on Sat/Sun, and then High Pressure becoming dominant as we move towards March with some southerly winds making it feel springlike.

Enjoy today as once that wind goes to the east expect grey and depressing for the end of the week! Boooooo

My Grass is crying out to be cut... but can i be bothered.... its at least 6 inches long... humm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I've been out and about enjoying the lovely sunshine as well this morning...nice to see some signs of spring...

post-10773-0-97572800-1361284023_thumb.j

.....I hope they are not buried under a foot of snow by the weekend laugh.png

Posted

The mod thread is people from all over the place, stick in here, listen to JP and Coast and we can get a better picture as the runs come out today.

Well JP at least!

GFS says a light dusting through the weekend:

108_30.gif

Posted

hi coast

at least its a start

also noticed nae

13022100_1906.gif

13022106_1906.gif

instability showing showers running down the north sea heading south west on thursday pm

the next frame would have been helpful

more latersmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I do love JP's posts on here, informative with a touch of ramping ;) Just what I like to see!

Hope you are feeling more positive mate, did not post the other day when everyone was passing on their good will to you.

Posted

Just spent a wonderful couple of hours with my youngest grandson (1 year old next week). It was warm enough in Basildon to take him for a walk to the local park, muck about on the swings, and wave to passing traffic. It's been a warm, balmy afternoon, and now both the baby and I need a nap!!!!

CD

Posted

Been in garden weeding and cutting and pottering, sun on back, birds chirruping a very definite spring, mating-type song, a bee buzzing in the winter honeysuckle, skies blue, all's well with the world - hard to believe temps will be sinking to zero and below in a day or two. Hope that bee will be okay!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Been in garden weeding and cutting and pottering, sun on back, birds chirruping a very definite spring, mating-type song, a bee buzzing in the winter honeysuckle, skies blue, all's well with the world - hard to believe temps will be sinking to zero and below in a day or two. Hope that bee will be okay!

I know. It's going to be heartbreaking that in 48 hours time from now it be freezing cold again sorry.gif