Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 19th February 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

060335Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_72_00Z.png

Well lows to the west, High on top of us,and plenty of snow in Germany,Holland etc. France Dry as well only the Border between Italy and France showing ppn (Mountains) i guess. Mind you it will be bitter and quite Windy come Friday.

Hmmmm alot more snow in the update.

180308Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_72_12Z.png

Very cold windchill as well

180553Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_WINDCHILL_SFC_72_12Z.png

Not a sausage about this one lol. looks good though

010411Z_21OWS_EUROPE_ANALYSIS_SURFACE_00_SURFACE_SURFACE.GIF

Edited by Jason T

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=1&map=0&type=0&archive=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=0&map=0&type=0&archive=0

could see some cold nights as well and chilly daytime as well

warmer than end of this week but far from spring weather

fax updates later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hmmmm alot more snow in the update.

180308Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP-WND-MSLP_SFC_72_12Z.png

Very cold windchill as well

180553Z_21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_WINDCHILL_SFC_72_12Z.png

Not a sausage about this one lol. looks good though

010411Z_21OWS_EUROPE_ANALYSIS_SURFACE_00_SURFACE_SURFACE.GIF

Is that bottom chart for tonight?

Posted

Is that bottom chart for tonight?

Yes Alexis. it is the 00z though.

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

The funny thing is.. I am job hunting too.. But also looking for an investor into my business... Any takers? Healthy 45% share holdings if you invest between £5-10k taken net £3k in 2 weeks but need to up it big time!

PM me your business plan. I've just been made redundant after 13 years service. I would like a career change (34) seems the right age to do it, and I have the funds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yes Alexis. it is the 0z though.

A load of showers missed us last night and went into the channel, might have been from that front. Not sure if it's still there now.

Guest bjaykent

Glad to see i'm not the only one insane enough to cut the grass and tidy the garden today, sadly I do it every time there is a chance of snow LOL. Must admit smell of freshly cut grass did make me think of spring.

Spent part of the day down at Herne Bay with my youngest daughter as it is half term, glorious blue skies and unbroken sunshine, walked along the front and beach skimming a few stones, sat on the sea wall and ate saveloy and chips and watched the world go by, the sea was like a mill pond, thankfully the sea fog mainly covered up the wind farm. See a couple of pictures below.

Anyway enough of spring, looking forward to a very cold and hopefully snowy end to the week.smile.png

post-16390-0-46457200-1361301110_thumb.j

post-16390-0-46132000-1361301142_thumb.j

post-16390-0-38194600-1361301184_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Glad to see i'm not the only one insane enough to cut the grass and tidy the garden today, sadly I do it every time there is a chance of snow LOL. Must admit smell of freshly cut grass did make me think of spring.

Spent part of the day down at Herne Bay with my youngest daughter as it is half term, glorious blue skies and unbroken sunshine, walked along the front and beach skimming a few stones, sat on the sea wall and ate saveloy and chips and watched the world go by, the sea was like a mill pond, thankfully the sea fog mainly covered up the wind farm. See a couple of pictures below.

Anyway enough of spring, looking forward to a very cold and hopefully snowy end to the week.smile.png

Great pictures. The first one is my favourite. It seems so tranquil and peaceful.

Posted

I cant stop laughing,Loading up radar and i came along this. Hilarious.

http://uk.weather.com/story/news/UKunderwater-dog-photos-20130211

rofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

'Twas a beautiful day here today. The temperature reached 10ºC. I managed to put up my new weather station this morning in preparation for this weeks low temps.

It looks great against the blue sky!

post-4523-0-69686200-1361302078_thumb.jp

I just cant wait to see it record something noteworthy now!

(Current temp 2.6ºC, Dew point 0.3ºC)

Guest bjaykent

Great pictures. The first one is my favourite. It seems so tranquil and peaceful.

I see from your earlier post that you had a nice day out too, you have to make the most of days like these so early in the year. The sea at Herne Bay had an almost turquoise look to it, reminded me of the Med in the height of summer! dirol.gif

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

Seeing those blooming windmills vanish was great lol .today they just said we can have 17 more!!!.It was so nice took the dog out for two long walks...acute.gif

Guest bjaykent

Seeing those blooming windmills vanish was great lol .today they just said we can have 17 more!!!.It was so nice took the dog out for two long walks...acute.gif

I don't like them either and judging by the news today about rising energy prices they are not doing a lot of good anyway, they certainly weren't generating anything today, not a breath of wind in Herne Bay.

Posted

I don't like them either and judging by the news today about rising energy prices they are not doing a lot of good anyway, they certainly weren't generating anything today, not a breath of wind in Herne Bay.

Being able to see them from my house I can say that they appear to be stationary 25% of the time.Funny was it you who has the powerstation as a distant backdrop which vanished both recently in the fog and previously in the oncoming snow.

Posted

Details for Tuesday, February 19 (Evening)

Evening: Partly cloudy skies early then becoming cloudy with a mix of light rain and snow late. Low 33F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 30%.

Clear

3°C Feels Like: 3° Wind Chill: 3° Ceiling: Unl Heat Index: 3° Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 0° Wind: 3mph Humidity: 75% Direction: NA NA Pressure: 30.06" Gusts: NA

Guest bjaykent

Being able to see them from my house I can say that they appear to be stationary 25% of the time.Funny was it you who has the powerstation as a distant backdrop which vanished both recently in the fog and previously in the oncoming snow.

Indeed it was I, have to say my 1950's power station, may not be beautiful in everybodys eyes but it has got more soul than a wind farm and generates a lot more electricity LOLblum.gif

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

LOL net weather dragons Den.

This is still a weather forum isn't it ?

post-10773-0-25503400-1361304224_thumb.j

I went on Dragons Den and pitched my 'Hokey-Cokey" business plan...

at first they were in, and then they were out, then in, then out .......I'll get my coat (it's bit chilly here tonight) biggrin.png

Posted

This is still a weather forum isn't it ?

post-10773-0-25503400-1361304224_thumb.j

I went on Dragons Den and pitched my 'Hokey-Cokey" business plan...

at first they were in, and then they were out, then in, then out .......I'll get my coat (it's bit chilly here tonight) biggrin.png

Is the step outside then? lol

Posted

2°C Feels Like: 2° Wind Chill: 2° Ceiling: Unl Heat Index: 2° Visibility: 5mi Dew Point: 0° Wind: 3mph Humidity: 81% Direction: 40° (NE) Pressure: 30.06" Gusts: NA Report Text: EGGW 192020Z 04003KT 8000 N

Guest bjaykent

The funny thing is.. I am job hunting too.. But also looking for an investor into my business... Any takers? Healthy 45% share holdings if you invest between £5-10k taken net £3k in 2 weeks but need to up it big time!

Hmm what could it be, designer wet weather gear? ph34r.png bit risky if we have another drought! Weather forecaster? fool.gif far too many of them around already LOL, personalised snow globe - snow everyday of the year - could be popular on here!cold.gif - manufacturing costs a bit high though.

Due to lack of funds I won't be investing with you today, so I'm out!.

Seriously though best of luck with it, sounds like a solid start, there's nothing quite like being your own boss!smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Send the day in Margate where it was extremely foggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking more of a sleety wintry mix rather than pure snow. plus any snow that settles will likely to be short lived on the ground as the suns strength is becoming noticeable now. I certainly felt it beating down on me today anyway! Some of the further outlooks actually show the high setting up shop right slap bang over us. And then making itself established further on as a 'euro high'. If this happens, it could be heat being the subject rather than the cold especially if winds come from a SSW direction.

h850t850eu.png

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Guest bjaykent

Send the day in Margate where it was extremely foggy

I'm liking the (concrete) in your location LOL. When I left Gravesend lunchtime it never even occurred to me that it would be anything but sunny in Herne Bay, glad I didn't go any further east, hope it didn't spoil your day too much.