Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 19th February >

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

We have sunshine and snow showers !!!!!!

Posted

How ironic I have to wait until March too see the heaviest falls of snow of the winter, granted it may only be 4cm but after the shocker of a winter which proceeded this I'm more than happy. Temps haven't risen above freezing since before lunchtime, resulting in powdery snow blowing around in shaded areas away from the any sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

At work, same weather as everyone else it seems - beautiful blue skies one minute then heavy horizontal snow the next (interspersed with lighter snow drifting down). Teperature -1.8 (was -2.8 not long ago) with a winchill of -7 (was -9). Not much lying but it's not melting easily. Nearest weather station provided the figures:

http://www.wundergro...ast?query=croft

This is a really remarkable day for March, I don't think I've seen the likes of it before - a different sort of day to March 2006 in Dundee when we had heavy snow allthrough a Saturday night into Sunday. cool.pngcold.gif

Edited by Chris W

Posted

Very heavy snow here now. Big flakes !!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

We've been unlucky here. Just a few flakes falling every now and again. Managed to miss most of everything!

Posted

Easing off but has snowed heavy enough to give a dusting !!!!! Blue skies again post-19399-0-41386100-1363021212_thumb.j

Posted

Isnt it funny that when we have high pressure around greenland we get this epic cold in march . In my opinion this is what we have being missing for all winter . This winter would have being great if we had the same pressure thats around now because those 4 failed eastleys would of most probarly happened if we had these synoptics . Just think how good this winter could have being

We've been unlucky here. Just a few flakes falling every now and again. Managed to miss most of everything!

As like january here in stoke we have being hit by heavy snow one minute then blue skys the next . Crazy what a few miles can do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well we keep getting completely whiteout blizzards that couldnt even see the lampost a few yards away! Never seen anything like it apart from when i lived in oldham and each time we get more snow sticking but not enough to cover the roads and pavements but would do if we didnt get the wind with it, then its back to blue skies, temp not been above 1 degree all day. Theres still snow cover on grass and trees and path to the house and cars coming down the road.

Posted

Returned back to Oldham. Noticely a little more settlig here, nothing major but one side of the road as a little covering of fine white snow, and the other side exposed to the wind has mini drifts up to kerbside. Shows you the strength of wind. Very bitter feeling.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

How ironic I have to wait until March too see the heaviest falls of snow of the winter, granted it may only be 4cm but after the shocker of a winter which proceeded this I'm more than happy. Temps haven't risen above freezing since before lunchtime, resulting in powdery snow blowing around in shaded areas away from the any sun.

You have been unlucky, i live about 20 miles north of you and we have had quite alot of snow this winter.

Edited by snowjoking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just a dusting here, but I'm impressed on how those showers made it over the Pennines with ease, and I'm impressed more so by the clarity and temperature of this airmass.

Frequent heavy snow showers throughout the day, interspersed with warm sunshine, overall, a top day. 0.1C now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

This is the best easterly of this year so far!! smile.png The showers are still coming right now!!

Tonight is going to be perfect conditions for temps to go down well below zero, roughly around -7 to -10 in rural areas.

Last time we had a good easterly was in 25th Dec 2004.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Saw for the first time where Iive a proper meteorological blizzard.I am at 40 metres a.s.l. to 60 metres in eccles the partial floodplane and home of those awfull cakes.Dry powdery snow with a near gale force wind for about 20 minutes happened ;I had to take cover as that weather was fricken BAD, BAD.I with my several layers and overcoat was not dressed for it never mind the IDIOT who I saw in shorts and T .shirt duck into a building for cover.Today I will always remember because I have wanted to see a 'none daliymail/express',ie ,actual ,blizzard at my low location.Thanks for indulging my passionate splurge and bad grammer.

Edited by greybing

Posted

Returned back to Oldham. Noticely a little more settlig here, nothing major but one side of the road as a little covering of fine white snow, and the other side exposed to the wind has mini drifts up to kerbside. Shows you the strength of wind. Very bitter feeling.

I was wondering what it was like up in Oldham given how bad it was at my low location -I'm moving to somewhere in Oldham so it crossed my mind. Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It is about to snow here. smile.png Atleast the sun has been set.

Its -1C and it is still snowing.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Can't add a lot to what has already been said about today's weather.

Lots of sun and bits of snow with heavier showers later in the afternoon.

Temperatures were already at - 2.5c before the sun set and it's now down to -3.3c so could easily beat last nights low.

Only good thing about this time of year is that scraping the ice off the car can take place in daylight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well folks its snowing again!! Quite big flakes but without the wind this time and its settling more in places it didnt before with the fierce winds/blizzards we had earlier, absolutely bitter out there can barely breathe in it.

Posted

Does anyone watched the North west tonight's weather? What does Oxberry says?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What does she say about what?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Still more showers on the radar,perhaps lasting until midnight

all in all what a day,just a shame the showers were only 10-15 mins in duration,but wow did they pack

a punch,blizzard conditions at 57m ASL not bad for March

C.S

Posted

What does she say about what?

How do I know? I'm the one asking a question not you. blum.gif Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

milder towards weekend,however some computer models disagreewink.png

C.S