Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php

If the latest GFS forecast comes off for the midlands ill be very happy and winter will go out with BANG!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Better 12z, could do with 1 more shift south of around 50-75 miles, make things more comfortable instead of knifedge.

Posted

Better 12z, could do with 1 more shift south of around 50-75 miles, make things more comfortable instead of knifedge.

no id say its good how it is? would mean the ppn is heavier and i expect the gfs to be under doing ppn intensity as its not really accounting the two air masses clashing could be more dynamic huge flakes too, anyway snow chances from tonight through to sunday the main window thursday-saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just looked at todays charts from the overnight to the current runs.....and all I can say is "Sh*te, I wish I still lived in the midlands!" mega_shok.gif

Posted

just looked at todays charts from the overnight to the current runs.....and all I can say is "Sh*te, I wish I still lived in the midlands!" mega_shok.gif

Feel free to pop up for a pint and a sledge! good.gif

Posted

Amazing upgrade from both the ukmo and gfs!!ive been sayin it all along that the midlands will most probaly be the place to be for snowfall come thursday -friday!!i wouldnt be surprised for even further southward corrections tomorrow which then means the midlands misses out completey😒

Posted

Yep I do think tonight was just 1 of many different solutions we'l see in the next few days, ultimately it could be further north of perhaps much further south. We've struck the perfect run about 10 runs too early, there's too much change.

Posted

You hav'nt stated in your location what part of the midlands you come from!!! for wishing for a further shift south all i can think is thats where you live,

For me im more or less in the perfect spot

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

You hav'nt stated in your location what part of the midlands you come from!!! for wishing for a further shift south all i can think is thats where you live,

For me im more or less in the perfect spot

rugely mate, me and him are practically neighbours apart from i have a fair few meters better asl hehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Am I right in thinking I may just be too far south to get a decent shot of this snow?

- Daventry

Edit - Hold on, looking at the latest charts it looks like I may well be in the sweet spot! Not going to get too excited yet though, this can and will shift many times between now and Friday I suppose...

Edited by weatherguy

Posted

Rugely just north of cannock well you never know with the way the runs have gone this winter we might have a slight or a big downgrade, you'll prob's be in the best place!!

Anyway with all the excitement we have to take note we are two days away yet and alot can happen as we all know.

Edited by dancer with wings

Posted

Anyone read the deacription of fridays warning?

Sounds like they are expecting 10cm widely, that there will be atrocious, blizzard conditions, also that it is likely to be upgraded to an amber warning,however that doesn't cover us lot, but that was before todays 12z runs...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Lets not forget that this always happens at this point. Downgrades usually start popping up 48 to 24hours before hand. It's already predicted to be 2c+ as it is. I doubt it will come off, personally.

I really hope it does but past experience tells me most marginal midlands events end up being washouts. Though, there are always exceptions to the rule I guess :)

Posted

We've had two upgrades the 06Z + 12Z i doubt if we will have three in a row more like abit of a downgrade if anything of the past is to go by,

The 12Z was almost perfect for me, sure it car'nt get any better !!!, We will see Bring on the 18Z.

Posted

Yeh I can't see the precipitation even reaching us given the southward corrections that always happens at this timeframe.

18z great for the south of the region but im sure the end result will see it stalling around Cardiff/Bristol across to Brighton, im hoping that we get the inevitable cold easterly out the way for next week then the high sinks ala ECM 240hrs but rather than the atlantic attacking it sticks nearby and the fronts stay out west but close enough to affect some warmer air up for the easter period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Was concerned about a washout Friday, but looks better on evening runs, things trending south, and 18Z and ecmwf show beast from the east from sunday, but still FI

Posted

With the GFS throwing everything further and further south and the bbc+meto still has the snow up north i just don't know what to thinksorry.gif?????,

iil be happy to meet in the middle right over us in the midlandsrofl.gif that will do me!!!!!!!!!!.

Posted

I don't understand the excitement I'm afraid. Even if it does snow, it will be very wet & be a very temporary accumulation if any at all. Nothing like a winter snowfall. It'll just be very cold, very wet (albeit snow) & thoroughly unpleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking like it will be cold on my return to the Midlands next week. Great. For once im really hating winter now. Been going on for far too long.

Posted

Try to understand its march and how rare to see charts the way they are, ok some are saying record breaking cold but i would'nt go that far,

plus there could be some good snow fall for some in the midlands how far north or south i don't think we will know proper till 12 hrs before.

So regarding the so called excitement i think it might have something to do with the above!!!!! thats if your a cold lover that is.