Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

My word the 06z nae has the heaviest snowfall slap bang across the centre of the midlands tomorrow evening!

Its odd. Precipitation accumalation is 5 to 10mm more than 00z across midlands, but the snow accumalation charts are not as good. Perhaps 06z NAE is modelling more rain than 00z ?

Posted

Unsure whether I should still make my planned journey up to County Durham tomorrow afternoon, or stop here for the weekend. Nottingham might be slightly marginal and slightly too far east, but Durham might be too far north and east but not marginal.

It could be a fun drive on higher parts of the M1/A1 though!

Whats going on with Nottingham, listened to the weather on both Radio & the TV this morning and they said Nottingham could get a dumping & the East Midlands in general the best place to be but come on here & everyone talking further west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Can anyone remember what the temperature was this time 12 months ago

around 23°C, warmest spell from sunday to wednesday, think it dropped to average 14°C by thursday 29th march

Posted

Its odd. Precipitation accumalation is 5 to 10mm more than 00z across midlands, but the snow accumalation charts are not as good. Perhaps 06z NAE is modelling more rain than 00z ?

I know what you mean thats virtually impossible!!it looks much better than the 00z!!maybe its having one of its retarded moments! Edited by shaky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll start a fresh thread shortly for the incoming snowmaggedon.........hmmm......maybe I'll just lock this thread so no one can post about the snow, that'll teach y'all for hogging it all.....I'm not bitter....bomb.gifw00t.gif

link to follow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread here ---------->

locking this one shortly