Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 2nd March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Well it's looking like there will be some big falls tonight over the Pennines, and other areas to, this could turn out to be an amazing event especially for March. Ive certainly got a Spring in my step this morning.. excuse the pun.

Posted

Just a quick look t some charts and graphics,

id say it is very likely for a red warning to be issued, expect this either this morning or after the 12z i exlect this to be north of stoke but an amber stretching down to brum

Posted

Well charts pretty much identical to last night for here, looks like some heavy snow perhaps for a time tonight then turning back to rain for Friday daytime before back to snow Friday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Agreed Staffordshire, amber warning for west mids definitely, Red for north staffs and peak district

Posted

i echo the thoughts on here this morning, fantastic charts only 18h to go before it starts.

due to travel to Hathersage, Tideswell, Grindleford on Friday, all in the middle of the Peak District, could be trickey.

what do we think max level depths could be in these parts 15cm ? 20cm ? plus. help.gif

unbelievable for March, like others have said a classic 70s weather feature.

off to work now, cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Stafford in the NW midlands 103m asl, looks like sleet at best, to me this looks like a high level thing, peak district, shrops hills, Staffs moorlands

Posted

Amazing i look out the window and i think whats all the fuss about!!its crisp clear and sunny with a frost!!i guess its the calm before the SNOWstorm!!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Nov 96 was a good one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Have been away working and have arrived back to this truly unbelievable!on mobile so can anyone tell me the chances of the birmingham area receiving a big fall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

Stafford in the NW midlands 103m asl, looks like sleet at best, to me this looks like a high level thing, peak district, shrops hills, Staffs moorlands

Heh.. you always say this...

It will be snow mate... trust me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I'm not quite sure I can believe the models. Too good to be true. If the 06z has a similar output then we are in for a fantastic time :D

If 06z does keep things largely the same, MetO need to be handing out Amber/Red warnings ASAP. Usually happens between 11am and 1pm.

Posted

Looking at NAE/GFS snow accumalation levels, looks like everything in line with Birmingham, Leicester through to the very bottom of Lincolnshire area will see up to about 10cm. 20cm+ as you head north up through Derbyshire and areas close by.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Unsure whether I should still make my planned journey up to County Durham tomorrow afternoon, or stop here for the weekend. Nottingham might be slightly marginal and slightly too far east, but Durham might be too far north and east but not marginal.

It could be a fun drive on higher parts of the M1/A1 though!

Posted

The metogram for Knowle shows snow from Friday morning through to Saturday lunchtime, bar a spell of rain/sleet on Friday afternoon.

However, Stratford-upon-Avon and Worcester - not exactly a million miles away from here - are showing rain/sleet for pretty much for the entire duration.

Brain-scramblingly marginal.

Bish

Posted

NAE out to +18z and snow seems further north, Shropshire & Staffordshire.

+24 hours still looks fine for vast majority of midlands. But yes, 25 to 50mile north of 00z.

As long as 12z doesn't push it another 50 miles north.. and then the same for 18z :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

really reminds me of 17th-18th Jan this year, very similar setup, falling on a friday/saturday, bbc gives me heavy snow from 11pm tonight, upto 6am Saturday, apart from a little sleet friday 1-3pm (assume due to light precip)

Posted

unbelievable for March, like others have said a classic 70s weather feature.

Oh its perfectly believable . First time Ive been out fo work for over 5 weeks , and its been the worst period of weather ever.

And no sign of the end of it ?

Like I predicted ...I can almost guarantee the weather will improve once Im back at work (hopefully both soon !)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

Im so confident it will be snow here that if it isn't I'll kick Bishop Brennan up the I have a problem

Edited by Skyraker