Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

NAE 18Z is a little better than earlier for first thing Monday with signs of a few flurries to maybe stir a few fish fins in the channel, Still less ppn indicated for the same time as of this morning though. Another couple of frames to go yet till the time when we might hope to start seeing landfall of 'something' (at least resembling snow as we know itwink.png )

13031106_0918.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Rather than wait for this band of sleet/snow to land here, beginning to think it would have been quicker to move house to Norfolk today.

Posted

Inch and a half here, slowy totting up, getting lighter now though, expect 2" by tomorrow, plus another inch from showers tomorrow if lucky! If I get 3" or more lying snow in nearly mid march, ill be happy! And for this to be just the start of a 5 day or so cold spell, at this time of the year, that's pretty impressive. Not so pessimistic today.

Posted

Wet snow falling in clacton,settling on cars.

Yep agree Matt, just started here in Little Clacton, big flakes as well, not sure yet if its going to settle,

Posted

temp, now 1.3c dew point -0.1, reall got colder this last half hour, big flakes now, settling on my bird table, but ground temps might be a little to high, been better if we had a frost last night

Posted

Hm - maybe a little frustrating taken at face value. Eurotunnel ticket advisable. So close really in the grand scheme of things....

13031118_0918.gif

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Snowing....... Yey........ Inch upon inch.....

In norwich

Will!!

I stopped breathing for a second and thought omg get my coat, look outside... Then read the rest! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Just going to put this here as another potential event to watch.

gfs-0-84.png?18

On Tuesday a shortwave will be tracking South from Norway down the North Sea. This could potentially give an area of organised precipitation Tuesday night.

Be of intrest. We need to watch evolution in southern France/northern italy for this poss event. Would be good for that situ to acome south/south west slide...but potentiel is firm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Jo, dont forget, make sure you've got the ruler the right way up this time! Only joking! wink.png

Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Bushey (H) (SVALIJI)

Cheers,

Tom.

Aw i have it the right way a mega ruler for my snow that's coming he he

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Anywhere in the middle of essex?

Oh da ok lol thanks

Posted

GFS, similar not as much ppn as 12z but still just about hanging on

http://www.meteociel...itations/3h.htm

NAE snow accumulation chart says 'merde' to usacute.gif

13031118_0918.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Snow turned to rain here with justo the odd flake in it, what had started to build upon the car has mostly gone and temp gone up from 0.5c to 1.0c. Dew point up from freezing to 0.6c.

Posted

51-574.GIF?09-18

54-574.GIF?09-18

someones wrong

i will go by the fax charts later

GFS has taken things south now as well.Trend not the friend. C'est la vie - I am sure that Normandy folk will build snowmen on our behalfbiggrin.png

Posted

So, little to add currently from UKMO chief. The most rainfall equivalent generated in latest NAE for Monday is 4mm in S Devon; 2mm or less elsewhere in S England; much higher totals N France. Latest EC has v similar amounts. So on face value a non-event BUT chief cautions how "....we must be mIndful how all ingredients remain... of a severe event with blizzards (etc)..."; this more serious outcome currently given a 10-20% PROB based on all available output as of now. (He also then details possible more serious ramifications in SE from this, plus mechanisms that could create heavier falls here, e.g. Kent).

Edited by fergieweather, A minute ago.

Posted in the Mod thread

Posted

Dear BBC, stupid woman on weather said not settling to low levels, well at 8m above sea level, curious as to what the nearly 2 inches of white stuff is out side, epic fail on their part again! I wonder what constitutes low level?!

Edited by ribster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

it will be with you around 11.pm

Hi dad was gonna text you to see if it was snowing yet but thought you'd be tucked up in bed with your horlicks :) what's your take on me getting any tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

So, little to add currently from UKMO chief. The most rainfall equivalent generated in latest NAE for Monday is 4mm in S Devon; 2mm or less elsewhere in S England; much higher totals N France. Latest EC has v similar amounts. So on face value a non-event BUT chief cautions how "....we must be mIndful how all ingredients remain... of a severe event with blizzards (etc)..."; this more serious outcome currently given a 10-20% PROB based on all available output as of now. (He also then details possible more serious ramifications in SE from this, plus mechanisms that could create heavier falls here, e.g. Kent).

Edited by fergieweather, A minute ago.

Posted in the Mod thread

The french steal our storms....and now they steal our snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just started to snow in colchester :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi dad was gonna text you to see if it was snowing yet but thought you'd be tucked up in bed with your horlicks :) what's your take on me getting any tonight?

;)