Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 9th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

From Ian f....

"About an hour ago, Ops Centre notified us of the following GM modifications; i.e. prior to full EC suite availability:

" T+48/60: Moved main precipitation band in the south 60 n miles further north (T+48), supported by NAE (modified) and Arpege, and 80 n miles further NW supported by GFS and Arpege.

T+72: Moved main low over continent 100 n miles further east towards Arpege solution, with GFS giving more modest support.

T+84: No modifications necessary, GFS and Arpege provide support for GM solution."

What it means? Ask the next man along,i havn`t the foggiest! biggrin.png

Posted

Nw forecasts 25 cm Sunday-Tuesday

That won't happen

But wish it would

Interestingly every snow event has happened sun/mon and I have been off work on leave on the Monday

I'm off on Monday too!

I'm off Monday too! Hoping for a decent amount for us..fingers crossed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

From Ian f....

"About an hour ago, Ops Centre notified us of the following GM modifications; i.e. prior to full EC suite availability:

" T+48/60: Moved main precipitation band in the south 60 n miles further north (T+48), supported by NAE (modified) and Arpege, and 80 n miles further NW supported by GFS and Arpege.

T+72: Moved main low over continent 100 n miles further east towards Arpege solution, with GFS giving more modest support.

T+84: No modifications necessary, GFS and Arpege provide support for GM solution."

Everything further north than suggested by the raw UKMO model, the low moving eastwards inthrough Tuesday and not stalling and filling out. By the time we get to Wednesday no modifications necessary as the system moves away.

60 to 80 miles is a quite considerable movement by the way.

Edited by ukpaul

Posted

From Ian f....

It's like a different language!

Posted

Everything further north than suggested by the raw UKMO model, the low moving eastwards inthrough Tuesday and not stalling and filling out. By the time we get to Wednesday no modifications necessary as the system moves away.

60 to 80 miles is a quite considerable movement by the way.

So,more chance of a better ammount,but not hanging around for as long as progged?

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Temp 6.9ºC, dewpoint 5.5ºC here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

About 2 cm so far...Only another 28 to go!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

From Ian f....

So... Is this good news for us, better news for the SW? Or have I got that completely wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Temp 6.9ºC, dewpoint 5.5ºC here

Well currently 1.6 and 1.2 here. Cold is working it`s way in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

13031112_0912.gif

triple streamer anyone rofl.gif

Seen that on three different types of these in exactly the same place, I think it looks good for now.

Guest bjaykent

From Ian f....

Sounds promising, 60 miles quite a bit adjustment at this stage and will mean more areas to north will be in the snow zone whilst others to the south will most likely receive larger ppn totals but movement east suggests as the GFS showed earlier that the low won't be stalling over south-east which will obviously impact on total ppn amounts as well. So swings and roundabouts but at least not an adjustment south into France!l

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Been raining steadily all afternoon temps now dropped from 4.6c during the afternoon to 1.7c now and the rain has started to turn wintry. I would expect it to turn to snow as it increases in intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Come on temps, not far to go!

current-dials.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just downing first glass of recently opened bottle of red. A choice this evening of joining the family for Ant and Dec and The Cube or following this thread. Tricky one

Doing it all at the same time here :)

Posted

After a brief period where the front moved North of Ipswich, it has now started moving South and we have a light snow and rain mix here. Temp 2.0c DP 0.0c

Posted

Another copy/paste from Mr F....

"I've just now seen the MOGREPS-G and EC snow distribution probability mapped updates. The former continues to have a slightly more northern bias for Monday's snow in S: highest probs of 1cm plus are confined to S of line joining Lyme Bay across to Hants and up via London to S Essex.

EC squeezed further south still: 2-5cm contour just grazes S coastal counties (Hants-Sussex), with smaller amounts in other S districts on coastal fringes.

In effect, the yellow warning area looks pretty good still at this juncture. Next modified NAE update arriving by 2120hrs."

Well,seems at least we`re getting *something* rather than nothing. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Band now just 10 miles NE of Cambridge City centre, it isn't breaking up and won't do until the moisture feed is cut off.

Posted

Rain Alarm says that precipitation, having sat 12-13 miles away for a couple of hours, is now just 6 miles away. Temperatures slowly dropping, hopefully going to be some wintry precipitation soon.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Another copy/paste from Mr F....

"I've just now seen the MOGREPS-G and EC snow distribution probability mapped updates. The former continues to have a slightly more northern bias for Monday's snow in S: highest probs of 1cm plus are confined to S of line joining Lyme Bay across to Hants and up via London to S Essex.

EC squeezed further south still: 2-5cm contour just grazes S coastal counties (Hants-Sussex), with smaller amounts in other S districts on coastal fringes.

In effect, the yellow warning area looks pretty good still at this juncture. Next modified NAE update arriving by 2120hrs."

Well,seems at least we`re getting *something* rather than nothing. good.gif

I thought when the warning first came out yesterday that north of the line would get snow but it didn't warent a warning, So to me not much has changed except the low won't stall.

Posted

Doing it all at the same time here :)

Snap...glass of wine, Ant & Dec on tv and NW on tablet. Who says you can't have it all? He he :)